Sullivan South Rebels v TN High Vikings 10/29/10

2000southreb81

You get no argument from me. Like I said before your boys earned every bit of this W. As soon as the receiver got up and just jogged back to the huddle... I knew he didn't make the play. Comp... other than the night I watched the replay of the DB vs SH game there has only been two other times I've been proud to be a member of the Big 8.... and South was in both of those equations. We had you out matched... your boys just played UP to TRADITION. If you don't mind... Stacy Carter tradition!! No offense... but I'm old school. :blush:

Let me clear that up. I was proud to be in the Big 8 because of the impressive display put on by DB. They were hittin on all cylinders that night... and I'm not to shallow to recognize. ;) Call me what you want but I give credit where due.

Edited by Cap1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 zip is a tradition at South. 21 is the signal to get a chew, lace your boots up and get nasty.

I have seen the Vikings play 4 times times this season...after tonight. By far a different team than I have previously seen. Much more team speed than South. They wanted it. They executed. We lollygagged. But I think after 21 they thought we were done. When it hit 21 the alarm went off. They did not expect what happened after that. But they never gave up. Great effort by Bristol. I hope the Booners were there so they can give a report. Mine will be skewed. Our D line was the difference. Killer run by Castle. Great effort by the LB'ers. Haden? Hey, he's a South QB...what do you expect?

Truly, the Vikings played with heart. I knew they would. Cap, he didn't have control of the ball. It happened right in front of me. When he hit the ground he didn't have control of it. Yes, it was a game changer. Stubbs should have thrown more. Booners, I dare say the team we played tonight is not the same team you played.

I'd say sometime in the past few weeks, while TN High has come out on the losing end, they have woken up, and I fully believe that Boone has taken note and will have to get ready. By all accounts, it looks like Boone and TN High have another date with each other, and I will still stand by the statement that it is hard to beat a team twice in the same year, even with a loppsided victory.

Should make for an even more interesting game. Hope to see a big crowd come on out next week in Gray....but heck the way things are rolling with the TSSAA....some teams are in, some are out...we might not be playing one another but...meh....who knows.

Well scratch that, another post has Catholic visiting Boone....good lord. Quad 1 has some tough games for every team from District 1 if the predictions are true. The team I see sitting the best is South. Catholic was thumping teams earlier this year and Knox West has been a consistantly dominate force this year win wise.....should be very interesting.

Edited by formerblazer

I was shocked TN High got out to a 21-0 lead. Props to South for staying in it to win it. I feel like a lead that big early should have ended closer and favored TN High. But I was not there, and South got it done. I want to know if any TN High fans are frustrated with play calling, coaching, etc. I feel like they have some talent. Tell us Cap

21 zip is a tradition at South. 21 is the signal to get a chew, lace your boots up and get nasty.

I have seen the Vikings play 4 times times this season...after tonight. By far a different team than I have previously seen. Much more team speed than South. They wanted it. They executed. We lollygagged. But I think after 21 they thought we were done. When it hit 21 the alarm went off. They did not expect what happened after that. But they never gave up. Great effort by Bristol. I hope the Booners were there so they can give a report. Mine will be skewed. Our D line was the difference. Killer run by Castle. Great effort by the LB'ers. Haden? Hey, he's a South QB...what do you expect?

Truly, the Vikings played with heart. I knew they would. Cap, he didn't have control of the ball. It happened right in front of me. When he hit the ground he didn't have control of it. Yes, it was a game changer. Stubbs should have thrown more. Booners, I dare say the team we played tonight is not the same team you played.

Congratulations to South team, coaches, and fans for a great win. I listen to the game and you are probably right that TH played a different ballgame against South than Boone. TH came out like they were going to run through South all night, but Haden and team have done a great job this year.

The main difference you mentioned about this being a different TH team is Boone never allowed TH to run over them the whole game until the last drive of the game. Boone started from the start until the end running the ball on TH and eating up the clock on ever possession. So give credit were is credit is due, Boone beat a talented TH team with great defense and ball movement. South beat a talented TH with a great comback.

Congratulations to South team, coaches, and fans for a great win. I listen to the game and you are probably right that TH played a different ballgame against South than Boone. TH came out like they were going to run through South all night, but Haden and team have done a great job this year.

The main difference you mentioned about this being a different TH team is Boone never allowed TH to run over them the whole game until the last drive of the game. Boone started from the start until the end running the ball on TH and eating up the clock on ever possession. So give credit were is credit is due, Boone beat a talented TH team with great defense and ball movement. South beat a talented TH with a great comback.

Booneman, just as I never disrespected the Blazers after the South win...as well I never bought into the notion that the Vikings were a pushover. In addition, I don't think the Rebel Nation is larger than life. I guess the confidence of a few years of a winning program allows one a different mentality when it comes to self evaluation. We have learned to stay hungry and to try and not get overconfident. A team can be humbled very quickly. We have experienced that often. The Vikings played a heck of a game last night. You feel that they played the same quality of ball against you but that you were just dominant. I'm glad you are confident in your horsepower as I don't dismiss your ability. I feel your boasting is quantified. The proof will be in the pudding. I wish you all the best and for NET to show well against Knoxville. And when we go against each other...may one of us take it west.

I will always say what I mean and mean what I say. Haden is a VERY good running QB but what he doesn’t have is a Spradin or a Sensabaugh to keep the focus off of him. That would put them in the same boat as Boone. It’s much easier to defend the QB option when theirs not a big time playmaker at RB waiting to gash you if you don’t respect the run. I watched the South vs SH game and Haden ran the ball (mostly by design) 7 out of 10 plays form the line of scrimmage. So my plan in beating South would be to tackle Haden EVERY PLAY (whether you think he has the ball or not) and don’t let the receivers get behind you. I know it’s easier said than done but you have to know that if you stop Haden from running the ball you beat South.

I guess the Vikings didn't follow through with your strategy. It was a beautiful thing, down 21-0 and then to roll off 35 straight, talkin about shutting a home crowd up WOW! Now we will see how you all fair against a Knoxville team.