AE at Gibbs

Turtle

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its finally here, the winner takes the District Title. What are your thoughts about this game?

As I stated when Gibbs faced Fulton- SPEED KILLS with that said, LET'S GO AE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with gibbs tough non district games ,gibbs should be ready for this one. if gibbs does win that would be a three way tie if fulton beats union county . would gibbs win the district and how?

with gibbs tough non district games ,gibbs should be ready for this one. if gibbs does win that would be a three way tie if fulton beats union county . would gibbs win the district and how?

THat's a good question but hopefully, AE will take care of business and we wouldn't have to worry about that... However, let me take a stab at this, It would be Gibbs, AE, Fulton... Only because AE beat Fulton .. So no matter what Gibbs would win it..

THat's a good question but hopefully, AE will take care of business and we wouldn't have to worry about that... However, let me take a stab at this, It would be Gibbs, AE, Fulton... Only because AE beat Fulton .. So no matter what Gibbs would win it..

When Gibbs beats AE, it will be a 3 way tie between Gibbs, AE, and Fulton. The first tie breaker in determining the district championship is number of wins therefore Gibbs would win the tie breaker with 9 wins.

Turtle, is AE gonna bring more than 10 fans for the game? I went to the AE/Union Co game a couple weeks ago and there was no one in the AE stands!!!

As for the game, it will be way more competitive than most will think. Its going to be a good game. As for a prediction, I've never done one but I might as the week moves on. Just ready for game night. Go Eagles!

When Gibbs beats AE, it will be a 3 way tie between Gibbs, AE, and Fulton. The first tie breaker in determining the district championship is number of wins therefore Gibbs would win the tie breaker with 9 wins.

Turtle, is AE gonna bring more than 10 fans for the game? I went to the AE/Union Co game a couple weeks ago and there was no one in the AE stands!!!

As for the game, it will be way more competitive than most will think. Its going to be a good game. As for a prediction, I've never done one but I might as the week moves on. Just ready for game night. Go Eagles!

I'm pretty sure it will be a packed house for this one... THis is the District championship and there will be plenty of fans for both teams there...LEt's GO AE!

Edited by Turtle

if there is three way tie and gibbs gets because of their record thats wrong. fulton and ae plays strong non district games an shouldn't be punish for that . teams like alcoa,powell,west, mo east,mo west,oothewal,catholic are a little more tougher thab grace,grainger,claiborne and cumberland gap. no disrespect to those teams, but overall wins outside the district are misleading. anywho i think the runners will get pumpt up when gibbs struts in their with their atitude and the rout will be on .

if there is three way tie and gibbs gets because of their record thats wrong. fulton and ae plays strong non district games an shouldn't be punish for that . teams like alcoa,powell,west, mo east,mo west,oothewal,catholic are a little more tougher thab grace,grainger,claiborne and cumberland gap. no disrespect to those teams, but overall wins outside the district are misleading. anywho i think the runners will get pumpt up when gibbs struts in their with their atitude and the rout will be on .

Well, take your complaint to the TSSAA, they made the rules on tie breakers and everything else. I can't help you with that.

If I'm not mistaken, you've already made a prediction... all that is missing is the score.

How do you think the tie breaker should be decided?

i not sure how but gibbs total wins is not the way. if gibbs played fulton or ae schedule what would be thei record. gibbs is a good team but they cant keep playing that non district schedule if they want respect.

I agree with you, just wanted to know what tie-breaker you would use. In ANY sport split up into divisions/regions/districts with a three-way tie, overall record is the first tie-breaker. Look at it this way, Fulton and AE should be better prepared for the playoff grind by playing a harder schedule. Fulton and AE are usually really good, first time I've really noticed Gibbs in the headlines in the few years I've lived in the Knoxville area so their schedule was probably set up accordingly.

But any tie-breaker you want to use, except maybe points allowed would give Gibbs the title with of course a win this Friday. That's just from looking at scores in the paper by the way.