AE at Gibbs

Turtle

I agree with you, just wanted to know what tie-breaker you would use. In ANY sport split up into divisions/regions/districts with a three-way tie, overall record is the first tie-breaker. Look at it this way, Fulton and AE should be better prepared for the playoff grind by playing a harder schedule. Fulton and AE are usually really good, first time I've really noticed Gibbs in the headlines in the few years I've lived in the Knoxville area so their schedule was probably set up accordingly.

But any tie-breaker you want to use, except maybe points allowed would give Gibbs the title with of course a win this Friday. That's just from looking at scores in the paper by the way.

Gibbs' problem is not complicated.... hay have a great offense with an average defense. Fulton showed you that. Unfortunately what you never took from that defeat is that Fulton still has a under par and non aggressive defense. When you do run into someone with a solid defense & capable of stopping the run... your offense will limp around like a wounded dog. If this team also has a potent offense comparable to Fulton... your looking at a recipe for a blowout. Depending on which ae shows up... I would give the edge to austin east just because they do have a solid defense with big play possibilities.

ae should win, but I can also see them dropping the ball if they get behind early.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs' problem is not complicated.... hay have a great offense with an average defense. Fulton showed you that. Unfortunately what you never took from that defeat is that Fulton still has a under par and non aggressive defense. When you do run into someone with a solid defense & capable of stopping the run... your offense will limp around like a wounded dog. If this team also has a potent offense comparable to Fulton... your looking at a recipe for a blowout. Depending on which ae shows up... I would give the edge to austin east just because they do have a solid defense with big play possibilities.

ae should win, but I can also see them dropping the ball if they get behind early.

Good point. Fulton's defense is not as good as it has been in the past. Coatney admitted that the defense wasn't playing good earlier in the season. On paper, Austin-East's defense is better than any other defense that Gibbs has faced. On the other hand, Gibb's offense is better than any other offense that Austin-East has faced.

The ironic thing about this game is that most people say that you have to stop the big play to beat Austin-East. This week, Gibbs is the big play team with 6 players with runs longer than 40 yards. If turnovers are even and Austin-East is able to minimize big plays, they have a great chance of keeping Gibbs at the lower end of their scoring range of 34-69 pts.

Let me give a shot at predicting this game, I have seen AE and Gibbs play twice this season, AE has a little more overall speed, Gibbs has a little more size, both teams are not very good at passing the ball, the key to the game as i see it gibbs is a little quicker than people think, and their blocking schemes are not really to block, they just kinda step in front of the defender to give their backs time to turn up field, they are going to give AE fits on the corners, now for AE, they like to run toward the line of scrimmage looking for any kind of hole to open up, once the hole opens they hit it and will not be caught from behind. That all said i predict Gibbs 35 AE 26.

Let me give a shot at predicting this game, I have seen AE and Gibbs play twice this season, AE has a little more overall speed, Gibbs has a little more size, both teams are not very good at passing the ball, the key to the game as i see it gibbs is a little quicker than people think, and their blocking schemes are not really to block, they just kinda step in front of the defender to give their backs time to turn up field, they are going to give AE fits on the corners, now for AE, they like to run toward the line of scrimmage looking for any kind of hole to open up, once the hole opens they hit it and will not be caught from behind. That all said i predict Gibbs 35 AE 26.

true both teams struggle passing. i think both teams will put as many as they can in the box to stop the run so a big play in the passing game is dangerous for gibbs with ae tall receivers. if ae focus on hibbett run game only gibbs qb legg mite burn em, he had a nice game against fulton and runs the option nice. ae qb mite be the difference in the game late with his big play abililty.

Like many of you are saying both teams do rely on the run game however both teams can pass the ball as well. If AE's qb gets enough time, he can beat you with his speed and his arm. I see this being a low scoring game with AE coming out on top..

If it's a low scoring game, then ae is in trouble. Gibbs will get their 30+ points. The question is... will ae get theirs. If ae gets the momentum and can move the ball.... ae wins by 10. ae will have to connect a couple of passes down the sidelines so that they can spread the field and open up the run. Otherwise, Gibbs will stack the box and win the game... mentally and physically.

Like many of you are saying both teams do rely on the run game however both teams can pass the ball as well. If AE's qb gets enough time, he can beat you with his speed and his arm. I see this being a low scoring game with AE coming out on top..

gibbs has no passing game and ae throws hail marys. i dont neither team has a kicking game.

Greeneville is on pace to set a state record for points scored in a season. The Greene Devils have totaled 491 points in nine games for an average of 54.5 per game.

The state record was set in 1997 by Trousdale County, when it totaled 733 points in 15 games for an average of 48.9 per contest.

If the Greene Devils can score 67 points against Claiborne on Friday — they had at least that many two times in the last three weeks — they would already move into the top 10 all-time point totals before the playoffs even begin.

Greeneville is on pace to set a state record for points scored in a season. The Greene Devils have totaled 491 points in nine games for an average of 54.5 per game.

The state record was set in 1997 by Trousdale County, when it totaled 733 points in 15 games for an average of 48.9 per contest.

If the Greene Devils can score 67 points against Claiborne on Friday — they had at least that many two times in the last three weeks — they would already move into the top 10 all-time point totals before the playoffs even begin.

What's the point of writing this on this thread? Photoman you said AE would win by 10 :roflol: now you know we're not going to try a FIeld Goal so switch that to 12 hahaha

But low scoring game in my eyes is 22-21.. that's a low scoring game..

I was highly impressed by the kicker for Gibbs Turtle you need to go see this game the kid kicks almost to the endzone on kickoffs and is pretty consistent from 35 to 40 yards on field goals almost automatic on extra points and i was told from someone from Gibbs he is a sophomore. If it comes down to kicking game AE is in trouble.

Congratulations for playing such a weak schedule and being decent enough to run up the score so that you can claim the rights to this title. You should be so proud.