Can Pirates rebound and make run at another Gold ball?

TrainTracks99

Nah...I know my fooseball...just thought I would bring that situation up that Jasper got blown out and then went on to whoop everyone in the playoffs..this team still has the potential to do that

The SS says Old Pirate needs a good whacking ever so often jest to git re-focused. The Pirates need to re-focus and work hard and they will be a force.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw that new AP poll today I can't say I was surprised, but it still ticks me off. We have been beaten by two highly ranked bigger-than-1A opponents, plus we've beaten four bigger-than-1A opponents, and somehow JoByrns and Copperhead come out on top of us. I checked their schedules....JoByrns is similar to ours, but Copperhead ain't played nobody and their toughest game will be this week against Boyd.

It doesn't matter.... that's why we have playoffs. It will all work out if we take care of what we have control of

:roflol: What a skillet head yous turn out to be. Old Pirate says 1. Little man has had a good year thus far but that has been MOSTLY due to him being under the radar early on and folkes didn't know his skills. Teams kicked to him and not Chubb because most likely THOUGHT he was less dangerous. That my skillet head is rapidly changing. 2. Malcom had a good jr year and teams new what he was capable of That's called having a reputation of a game breaker. Yes he dropped lots of balls but was a severe thret up until the state championship game. Yous don't believe OP jest ask UC folkes why they kicked and punted out of bounds. Little man will make folkes game plan against him now and if he continues git his touches and makes the most of them, he will strike fear in bout everyone he faces. Now as for Fennell he was surely a big time threat to ALL teams even though his touches weren't what they could/should have been. The kid could catch the ball and was most likely not thown to enough. Yous lose again... now argue vainly ....with those FACTS............................................... :popcorneater:

Lol u made no valid point OP... Good try though! :roflol: Oh and threats?!? Having threats that u dont use don't make u a better TEAM....Let me spell that again "TEAM".... Teams never gameplanned against our TE last year...We NEVER used him...We have never had a TE be a big part of our offense because we run run run....lol u don't seem quite as grouchy today so hopefully u used that no loving statement to ur advantage.. ;) I won't compare anymore until after season because it's pointless...These boys haven't accomplished yet what last years did so it's irrelevant... They will have their chance though

As always OP it's been a pleasure

I am gonna say this plain and simple. At the first of the year I had very high doubts about the QB position that train tracks is quietly referring to. He has a great arm, and plays hard every down. Sometimes a player is asked of too much. I think this is the case this year. We need more leaders around him to encourage him and have faith in him. I am beginning to think Train Tracks never played a sport in his life other than on the xbox or playstation. He is so full of ideas, but hides behind a psuedo on here, instead of going to the practices on a regular basis and having conversations with the coaches and such.

I believe the one player that will shine in the playoffs will be our QB. You just wait and see.

Great post, Pirate Mike, Anyone that knows anything should know this....A team can be compared to another team or another year, but in no way can you compare any position player to the person that played that position before... he does not have the same supporting cast around him and that changes everything. We have a great athlete at the position TrainTracs is referring to, and he is being very unfair. You can talk about the team but it disgust me for someone to refer to a young man playing a certain position. IT is just not FAIR or appropriate to single a out a position....I would want no one else leading our team this year....GO PIRATES!!!

I am going to make a comparison and I know this is two different teams...Didn't Jasper get hammered by some team in Alabama their last game of the year in 1990 before they went on to the state title that year?? That game last Friday could help SP out due to tough competition..Just saying...Just a thought

Patrick Nix was the QB for that Alabama school...went on to Auburn and led them to 11- 0 season in 93.

Powerp them thar poles don't mean much except for ole roys sake, he likes to look at the poles, hey man you guys are the team to beat and everyone knows it ! Hopefully we can make it !

I hope JB does make it along with the Pirates...I would like to meet some of your fans...yall seem to have class.

I hope JB does make it along with the Pirates...I would like to meet some of your fans...yall seem to have class.

We like our chances but the ball bounces funny ways sometime, if we continue to play like we been playing it's gonna take a pretty darn good football team to beat us even on a bad night, but slot of football is still yet to be played, and I most certainly would like to meet some of you guys as well, it seems to bring a little more respect for your fellow man, and become friends in far away places, good luck to you guys ( tho you won't need it ) maybe we meet, who knows ? We are watching ya !

Just to throw something out there to think about, not that it carries any weight but....

One thing that may be hurting the spread attack this year as opposed to last IS Travis Millard! Now understand what I'm saying here. Last year T. Rob. was a "freak show" no doubt, and what made the offense so good was his ability to run as well as throw. Grider was not afraid to run him because he had Travis, a very capable qb as evident in the Boyd game and his play this year, in his hip pocket. Who does Grider have there this year? I've read if Travis goes down...the Pirates are in trouble. I've only seen him play two ballgames. In one he wasn't asked to do very much, in one he was. I saw him gash Signal a few times with his legs. Is he going to dust anyone like Perry Hutchins? I doubt it, but I think the "threat" has to be there, otherwise teams are going to key on Hale, or whoever comes across with the jet motion.

I may be wrong, but I think he is very capable of running the ball. This may be one aspect that is missing from this offense. Again...just something to think about. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thoughts?