CAK & Alcouh

STARSNBARS

I do not want to belittle kids at all.If it sounded like that then I am sorry.I am a Alcoa graduate and consider myself to be pretty handy with computers and have worked with pro sound along with audio video installation.If they ever need a hand next year with anything I would like to volunteer my time to help out in any way I can.I will never demean a child .

Oh no I didn't take it that way at all. However,I'm sure that they will appreciate the help-just ask APB I know he would love for everyone to be able to hear his favorite color commentator :thumb:

Great game and congratulations to both teams-it's a shame that they are in the same district. Good gut check for the F5 :thumb: Nearly 4,500 views on Alcoa.ihigh.com :D

That's because we cliked like fifty darn times hoping to see the game and all we got was a message that the game wasn't started yet or a black screen and some chick talking on the cell phone. Couldn't hear or see the game. I was pissed!

According to Federation High School Rules it is: According to Rule 2, Section 17 Article 1: The free blocking zone extends from 4 yards to the right and left of the ball.

It is perfectly legal in that zone for your LINEMEN to block below the waist via what most people call crab blocks, scramble blocks, shoeshine blocks and cut blocks against defenders that line up on the line of scrimmage.

I know the play you are talking about...it was on the fringe of "4 yards" There was a lot of stuff that went on tonight (Officiating wise ) that I didn't like, but none of it had an effect on the game.

I have no idea how my LINEMAN blocking below the waist got drug into a question about a RUNNINGBACK diving at the knees of a defensive lineman???? According to the Officials on the field tonight is NOT legal.

I have no idea how my LINEMAN blocking below the waist got drug into a question about a RUNNINGBACK diving at the knees of a defensive lineman???? According to the Officials on the field tonight is NOT legal.

I cut and pasted that...was not personal, just the rule interpratation. Sounds like you have a valid point. You know me better.

According to Federation High School Rules it is: According to Rule 2, Section 17 Article 1: The free blocking zone extends from 4 yards to the right and left of the ball.

It is perfectly legal in that zone for your LINEMEN to block below the waist via what most people call crab blocks, scramble blocks, shoeshine blocks and cut blocks against defenders that line up on the line of scrimmage.

I know the play you are talking about...it was on the fringe of "4 yards" There was a lot of stuff that went on tonight (Officiating wise ) that I didn't like, but none of it had an effect on the game.

All these blocks are very dangerous to the players. I hate seeing supberb defensive linemen getting cut down at the knees and chopped over and over to keep them out of the backfield. Seems kinda cowardly most of the time. Too many kids getting hyperextended knees from the cut blocks when their cleets stick in the ground. I think they should ban it from the HS game.

First of all, I want to say this was a very good high school game. CAK played hard and really didn't back down. KUDOS!! Their offense is very potent with Epperly calling the shots at QB. The difference was Alcoa being so physical upfront in the second half and V Hambrick. Vee is really special once he gets into the secondary. He also only played about half of the second half due to dehydration. I expect to see these two teams play again.

CAK could beat ALOT of teams in this state.

Good ball game tonite. CAK played well on offense and had some good breaks and made a few too. I was surprised that Alcoa never punted during the game. One interception and a CAK punt hit one of the Alcoa players recovered by CAK for the only 2 times they didn't score. Warren played awesome with some excellent blocking.