District 6A

mjca00

Congratulations to Walling and the coach of Van Buren. Great job in getting the number 1 seed for the district tournament. It sounds like you guys are the favorites to win the district. Oh yea, not picking at you or anything, but there is no such thing as a regular season district championship. Girls and Boys basketball district champions are crowned at the tournament. No plaques or trophies for being the number one seed. You got to do it in the tournament to get the hardware. Goodluck and congratulations on a good season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Walling and the coach of Van Buren. Great job in getting the number 1 seed for the district tournament. It sounds like you guys are the favorites to win the district. Oh yea, not picking at you or anything, but there is no such thing as a regular season district championship. Girls and Boys basketball district champions are crowned at the tournament. No plaques or trophies for being the number one seed. You got to do it in the tournament to get the hardware. Goodluck and congratulations on a good season.

That was the nicest back handed compliment I've heard in a few days.

I agree with you 100%. But, someone needs to tell the people at Whitwell that. I went over Saturday for the District Tournament and they have a BANNER hanging on the wall proclaiming their girls "Regular Season Champions" from last year. Not sure I've ever seen that before. They might as well say we weren't good enough to get the District Championship so we will settle for this little banner.

I'll be back tomorrow to watch Sale Creek in the consolation game. Hope the officiating is better for this last night. 8-)