DB at Volunteer

dbFAN91

I don't have a clue where we're going to sit. No visitor side and our fans will fill up the home side.

Suggestion, ask the teams that travel well who play DB at DB where they sit after the first 2 or 300 seats are taken. Having said that, You guys are having a great year and will be playing deep into November. Good luck.

Suggestion, ask the teams that travel well who play DB at DB where they sit after the first 2 or 300 seats are taken. Having said that, You guys are having a great year and will be playing deep into November. Good luck.

That wouldn't help much because we're playing at Volunteer. Wouldn't do us much good to find a seat at J.Fred.

I don't have a clue where we're going to sit. No visitor side and our fans will fill up the home side.

I suggest you complain to the TSSAA and get them to change the conferences so you could play schools your own size. It might help you get ready for the playoffs by playing the right size schools. One other thing, maybe after annexing more of Colonial Heights, you could talk your politicians into evening out the student body between North, South and DB. Then maybe we could all play one another in the same conference

I suggest you complain to the TSSAA and get them to change the conferences so you could play schools your own size. It might help you get ready for the playoffs by playing the right size schools. One other thing, maybe after annexing more of Colonial Heights, you could talk your politicians into evening out the student body between North, South and DB. Then maybe we could all play one another in the same conference

This is one of those post I was telling you about on the DB-Science Hill thread. One of the 99%. It always starts out with one of these and when we respond we are accused of being arrogant. Now here is my "arrogant response.:)

Up until last year we played in a conference with "schools our own size". The Big East. I think we won that conference about 15 years in a row. We were not and are not thrilled about playing some of the teams we are "forced" to play. South, Daniel Boone, Science Hill, and every 10 years Tennessee High gives us good games. We do not like playing Central & Volunteer. Not because their smaller but because their.....well you figure it out. Being a smaller school does not give you an excuse for losing to the larger school. There are two many smaller schools beating larger ones. Alcoa, Gate City, South over Science Hill, Daniel Boone over Science Hill, Greenville over Tennessee High etc. etc. Its your football program that counts not the number of students you have. You people should spend your time getting your football program fixed instead of whinning about DB. We didn't screw your deal up. As for the politicans. They could care less about football. Most of them don't even know the difference in a football and a basketball. Their after one thin and one thing only. Your money. They want to build things and put their names on them. If DB beats you Friday night, don't come on here and start whinning about us having more students than you. That dog don't hunt.

WaCo,

You guys have a great team this year and I would like to know how you think they will do after this friday night.

Yes we have a great team this year. After Friday night we start playing other great teams. When you hit the playoffs everything starts over. It doesn't matter what your record is. When you go in 10-0 you expect to advance to the next round and you play that game thinking your going to advance. You might tend to guard your play calling and maybe protect your players a little two much. Your opponant having a lesser record can throw everything they got at you because they have nothing to lose. Plus they probably are a pretty good team anyway. I hope we come out and play our usual game and don't change anything. I'd let it rip. We have to give 100% every second of every game to win any playoff game. I expect every game to come down to the last minute. There will be no easy ones.

Some say that we should not look back,that this years team is this year going into the playoffs.I say if you eat somewhere and get sick,maybe you should learn after a few trips and do something different.Do what we do best but be prepared to throw the ball as well.Any coach will try and shut the run down on us and see if the SH game was for real.They will throw the ball on us unless they are having great gains on the ground like very few have,that's just something we have to be better at and hope for the best.We have to crush the first playoff team if we can and not let up until they are pizd off at us about running up the score.Then put another one in for good measure.We were four touchdowns better then Mcminn and got beat.NO MORE is what I think all of us including the players and coaches if they were on here would tell you right now.Every team is capable of beating you and if they are better so be it,but I hope we start this week by not taking any more chances then we have to and let the young guys grow up a little. Not to look past Volunteer,but if we can't then basketball season is cranking up for us all,and I don't really like basketball that well..

Some say that we should not look back,that this years team is this year going into the playoffs.I say if you eat somewhere and get sick,maybe you should learn after a few trips and do something different.Do what we do best but be prepared to throw the ball as well.Any coach will try and shut the run down on us and see if the SH game was for real.They will throw the ball on us unless they are having great gains on the ground like very few have,that's just something we have to be better at and hope for the best.We have to crush the first playoff team if we can and not let up until they are pizd off at us about running up the score.Then put another one in for good measure.We were four touchdowns better then Mcminn and got beat.NO MORE is what I think all of us including the players and coaches if they were on here would tell you right now.Every team is capable of beating you and if they are better so be it,but I hope we start this week by not taking any more chances then we have to and let the young guys grow up a little. Not to look past Volunteer,but if we can't then basketball season is cranking up for us all,and I don't really like basketball that well..

I would play Volunteer the same way I've played everybody else. If we are lucky enough to have a big lead at halftime then I would rest the starters in the second half. I just wouldn't change the rythem of what we've been doing all season. If somebody is going to get hurt then somebody is going to get hurt. I don't think you can go into any game with that kind of fear.