DB at Volunteer

dbFAN91

I heard today that DB will not be bringing thier band or atleast not all of them. If they bring a band it will be like a pep band so that will open up some seats. I also heard that watson maybe giving it up at seasons end. Anyone heard anything about that?

Yeah, Watson was giving it up at seasons end last year to. And Clark was going to retire this year. :)

Here's my plan. Close North and South and make them the new city Middle Schools. Demolish Robinson and Sevier because lets face it, they need it. The new schools will be awesome and have plenty of room for growth. They can keep their colors and everything. And we could care less about playing the local schools. After all, get ready for the arrogance, "WE ARE D.B.". Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I know you won't understand the concept, but I have a better plan. How about the citizens in the North and South school zones decide for themselves what they want? I know, I know, what a crazy idea. Freedom and Democracy is so yesterday.

Uh......Dude, We just spent 5 million a few years ago on Sevier. Its one of the nicest middle schools in the state. I haven't been on the inside of Robinson but I think its been redone also. So, not a good plan. But I agree you are one arrogant son of a gun.:)

I thought you said, "But you or any other Volunteer fan that would like to talk about it go right ahead. I will read." I knew you couldn't keep your motor mouth quite, Idiot.

I thought you said, "But you or any other Volunteer fan that would like to talk about it go right ahead. I will read." I knew you couldn't keep your motor mouth quite, Idiot.

Maybe you should learn to read. I never said I would not post, just that I would read what they had to say about Volunteer beating DB back in the day, Idiot.

I know you won't understand the concept, but I have a better plan. How about the citizens in the North and South school zones decide for themselves what they want? I know, I know, what a crazy idea. Freedom and Democracy is so yesterday.

If my family and I wanted to live in the city we would.We like the size of North and we like the way it is ran along with knowing our son's teachers on a personal level. I like DB fine and I feel like my son would be playing if he went there. What I think is wrong is that if the city wants me I have no choice. When you buy a place in the county I don't think it is right for you to push to go city unless 100% of your area wants to go.JMO any way back to Football Good Luck to both teams

If my family and I wanted to live in the city we would.We like the size of North and we like the way it is ran along with knowing our son's teachers on a personal level. I like DB fine and I feel like my son would be playing if he went there. What I think is wrong is that if the city wants me I have no choice. When you buy a place in the county I don't think it is right for you to push to go city unless 100% of your area wants to go.JMO any way back to Football Good Luck to both teams

I agree.I'm afraid if it ends up being a monster Dobyns-Bennett like some are saying,a lot of kids will be left out however that could have played high school football.I remember three or four years ago in spring practice there were 140 or so kids out at DB.That would be the tip of what is coming if they shut down North or South as high schools like a few want.That may be the reason the numbers on this years team are less then half that,kids that want to play,figured there was no chance.There really shouldn't be much to talk as far as a game this week other then DB not getting anyone hurt in a lose-lose last regular season game.My only concern is getting there late after work friday and not getting a hotdog or a seat.

I know a lot of people have different reasons for not sending their kids to city schools and some of the reasons are very wrong, because i've heard some friends say these things. But, if for nothing else than to give your child the best opportunity to succeed in life with the best teachers, tools and facilities around, that has been my opinion from day one. I grew up in the Washington County school system until the 7th grade when i went to Sullivan County and then the 8th i came to the city. I can tell you, the County school systems are not even close to what we have in the city. Now this is first hand experience. Therefore, after living several years with children in the Hawkins County school district, it was a no brainer. My kids were going to the city. So, we moved back to Kingsport. One in the band and another a cheerleader, i can tell you first hand that DB is a special place to go to school and you can ask anybody associated with it. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Where will the DB Fans sit for this game? Well, since most Indian fans arrive by 6:30, I would say the they will all sit on the Home side and the Falcon fans, may have to stand.

Game Prediction:

Dobyns-Bennett 56

Volunteer 7

41-0 at halftime.... Soph.'s & Frosh play the entire 2nd half

Roll Tribe Roll

What Falcons fans?