Eagleville @ MTCS

blueraider07

Yep. My productivity at work diminishes the closer we get to Friday.

Friday night will be senior night for the group that was in 7th grade when MTCS started their football program. That group was coached by Brandon Bassham, Robert McCarver and Michael Middleton for their inaugural JH season.

I remember games at Zion Christian, Ezell-Harding and Forrest (the old field down by the truck-pull stadium). Seems like every game was an away game (the field at MTCS was under construction) except for the last game (can't remember the opponent but I remember it was a win on a halfback pass at the end of the game).

I may be wrong but I think this group were Freshman for the first season we were able to compete in the T$$AA (2007 season).

Congrats to the Seniors. Win tomorrow night and it probably will not be your last game at Throneberry Stadium.

Those are wonderful memories. Good luck! :thumb:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is afraid to say anything until after the game. The game, as you know, will be an awesome night!!

I will speak to this game from an Eagleville perspective. I have not seen MTCS play this year, so it hard for me to objectively analyze this game. I could not garner much from comparing scores and schedules. Tossing out Signal Mountain and Community, EHS's other seven games have all been close. I suspect we will see more of the same tomorrow night. Eagleville has played fairly good defense this year and will need to continue that trend to pull off a win. The offense is steadily improving week to week and will need to finish drives, not leaving points on the field. I will have to pick with heart and predict EHS 14 MTCS 13.

I will speak to this game from an Eagleville perspective. I have not seen MTCS play this year, so it hard for me to objecytively analyze this game. I could not garner much from comparing scores and schedules. Tossing out Signal Mountain and Community, EHS's other seven games have all been close. I suspect we will see more of the same tomorrow night. Eagleville has played fairly good defense this year and will need to continue that trend to pull off a win. The offense is steadily improving week to week and will need to finish drives, not leaving points on the field. I will have to pick with heart and predict EHS 14 MTCS 13.

Good, insightful, well articulated post. Are you sure you're from Eagleville? J/K. ;)