Warren Co @ Rhea Co

EagleLegend1

After watching last weeks Lincoln county game, I think the pioneers have mailed this season in. This year has been a major disappointment!! The seniors that were supposed to save pioneer football and win a state championship have underachieved in every aspect of the game and can be replaced. (except Northcutt, he gives his all every game) I'm looking forward to next year because I think we will understand the offense better and not have the negative vibes from this senior class. The freshmen and sophomore's that got game experience this year and with whats coming in from the middle school we will only get better. We got a glimpse of our future QB before he got hurt and he can throw better than anything we have now. The future looks bright for the PIONEERS!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching last weeks Lincoln county game, I think the pioneers have mailed this season in. This year has been a major disappointment!! The seniors that were supposed to save pioneer football and win a state championship have underachieved in every aspect of the game and can be replaced. (except Northcutt, he gives his all every game) I'm looking forward to next year because I think we will understand the offense better and not have the negative vibes from this senior class. The freshmen and sophomore's that got game experience this year and with whats coming in from the middle school we will only get

better. We got a glimpse of our future QB before he got hurt and he can throw better than anything we have now.

The future looks bright for the PIONEERS!!!!!

You have earned your self the title DUMB ***. Ok first off don't go blaming the senior class. It's not all their fought. The first issue I see is with the OL the freshmen LG should not be dressing let alone starting. The best QB is by far Thrower. Mullican will be an average qb however he throws the ball well. As far as mailing in the season I don't believe they have at all. Guys were still giving up their bodies to make plays. Martin Layed out to make a tackle Robinson gave up his body to give the REAL QB thrower a block. Who exactly are you thinking will replace Thrower? Curtis? Martin? Who exactly gonna replace Robinson??? Nitro I got your back man.

You have earned your self the title DUMB ***. Ok first off don't go blaming the senior class. It's not all their fought. The first issue I see is with the OL the freshmen LG should not be dressing let alone starting. The best QB is by far Thrower. Mullican will be an average qb however he throws the ball well. As far as mailing in the season I don't believe they have at all. Guys were still giving up their bodies to make plays. Martin Layed out to make a tackle Robinson gave up his body to give the REAL QB thrower a block. Who exactly are you thinking will replace Thrower? Curtis? Martin? Who exactly gonna replace Robinson??? Nitro I got your back man.

WC I have been saying this for the past 2 months over and over on this board. This senior class was as good talent wise as WC has had or will have in the next 5 yrs. No questions about this from anyone that know the history of Pioneer football. Northcutt will go down as a top 5 RB all time at WC. Robinson committed to D-1 school, thrower can play as well as Glenn, Martin, Harris, etc. As I said multiple times before who replaces these guys and make the team in the future better. I dont see it happening in a way that makes the program better. This isnt about having anyones back or taking sides IMO it is about the fact that WC football needs playmakers and athletes to be better as a team. In this community those difference makers are either not playing or not here in the school. The senior class record speaks for itself if you consider the whole body of work freshman all the way to friday. Still it couldnt break a string of 20 plus years of losing season. I just cant see with what is left on the field and on the sidelines that streak being broke in the next 5 years. You can preach middle school wins and program building etc all you want but that has been preached before but to no avail when it comes to winning highschool football games in a very weak district. Warren County plays 6A football with a system setup like a 2A-3A program. 1 middle school plus 6 outlying county schools will not work. It hasnt for 20 years. 40 players wont cut it at 6A. Hasnt for 20 years. Didnt cut it at 5A. No job creating wont cut it because no new families move to Warren County. You are stuck everyyear with same group of kids busting their butts that need more classmates to play and new classmates to move to community. When is last time a family told anyone they moved here because of athletics. Many have moved away because of it(lack of it). The cycle will not change if you dont change it. It is so much bigger than a Head Coach. Many of those over the past 20yrs and still no winning seasons. I believe what Madewell done with the program was truly remarkable considering all factor put in the equation. Good luck to upcoming Pioneer players and keep working hard. Maybe one day community will work with you to help reach your goals by changing the way it is done because now it doesnt. Hasnt for 20 years.

WC I have been saying this for the past 2 months over and over on this board. This senior class was as good talent wise as WC has had or will have in the next 5 yrs. No questions about this from anyone that know the history of Pioneer football. Northcutt will go down as a top 5 RB all time at WC. Robinson committed to D-1 school, thrower can play as well as Glenn, Martin, Harris, etc. As I said multiple times before who replaces these guys and make the team in the future better. I dont see it happening in a way that makes the program better. This isnt about having anyones back or taking sides IMO it is about the fact that WC football needs playmakers and athletes to be better as a team. In this community those difference makers are either not playing or not here in the school. The senior class record speaks for itself if you consider the whole body of work freshman all the way to friday. Still it couldnt break a string of 20 plus years of losing season. I just cant see with what is left on the field and on the sidelines that streak being broke in the next 5 years. You can preach middle school wins and program building etc all you want but that has been preached before but to no avail when it comes to winning highschool football games in a very weak district. Warren County plays 6A football with a system setup like a 2A-3A program. 1 middle school plus 6 outlying county schools will not work. It hasnt for 20 years. 40 players wont cut it at 6A. Hasnt for 20 years. Didnt cut it at 5A. No job creating wont cut it because no new families move to Warren County. You are stuck everyyear with same group of kids busting their butts that need more classmates to play and new classmates to move to community. When is last time a family told anyone they moved here because of athletics. Many have moved away because of it(lack of it). The cycle will not change if you dont change it. It is so much bigger than a Head Coach. Many of those over the past 20yrs and still no winning seasons. I believe what Madewell done with the program was truly remarkable considering all factor put in the equation. Good luck to upcoming Pioneer players and keep working hard. Maybe one day community will work with you to help reach your goals by changing the way it is done because now it doesnt. Hasnt for 20 years.

You make some good points which with I agree with but IMO the problem is the the majority of the players don't put in the time in the summer or the winter to win. (except for one and that's pretty obvious). Go and ask the players did you give all you had durning workouts and most know they haven't. WC has talent but doesn't want it. The majority of the players are involved in off the field incidents. How many can bench over 250? Or squat over 400? That's why we can't win. 1 or 2 players can't win.

In response to passdaba of whatever your name was WC is not looking bright at all.

I agree about players leaving for athletics and that's one reason I have so much respect for the Robinson for staying here at WC and trying to stay on the ship. He has proven you can play D1 football from WC. I actually thought he would have moved heck I probably would have moved.

After watching last weeks Lincoln county game, I think the pioneers have mailed this season in. This year has been a major disappointment!! The seniors that were supposed to save pioneer football and win a state championship have underachieved in every aspect of the game and can be replaced. (except Northcutt, he gives his all every game) I'm looking forward to next year because I think we will understand the offense better and not have the negative vibes from this senior class. The freshmen and sophomore's that got game experience this year and with whats coming in from the middle school we will only get better. We got a glimpse of our future QB before he got hurt and he can throw better than anything we have now. The future looks bright for the PIONEERS!!!!!

i think rhea co. will win BUT passdaball if it wasnt for this senior class w.c. would 0-10 these kids fought hard every game PLEASE dont blame the kids THROWER ROBINSON NORTHCUTT MARTIN RHEA and any other seniors you will be missed..passdabll our future q.b. will be MULLICAN..

Since you like to down this Senior class and the parents so much, why don't you let us know who you are so we can talk about it? I'm a senior parent and everyone including you know who I am and would love to talk to you (in person), if you are an adult. I don't know of anyone who said we would win the state championship. I did believe we would make the playoffs.

I know I really don't have a dog in this race, but I saw the game from the press box last Friday night and I saw a bunch of kids from W.C. that didn't quit , but fought until the final whistle. The turnovers really hurt them and they came at a bad time in the game. I saw a kid that really got his clock cleaned going across the middle to the point that he had to be helped off the field, then was back in a few plays catching passes and playing his heart out, that is not mailing it in or quitting. You have some young talent and some seniors that will be playing on Saturdays next fall.

As far as Nitro, well, I've seen him a time or 2 and at 6'4 245 and 3% body fat, I don't know of anybody that would want to mess with him!!!!

go talk to Nitro

Well I was at the game and I personally didn't see any quit or mailing in. I think the other team and turnovers had something to do with the outcome. The Pioneers played hard until the last click of the clock. My son took one of the hardest hits I can remember in his career. You would have a hard time telling him the pioneers were quitting or giving up.

Good luck in the future Pioneers.

GO FALCONS!!!!!