Warren Co @ Rhea Co

EagleLegend1

Disclaimer: I do not have a child on the team and you all have made it obvious that this is a board to comment on how well MY KID is or the 1 kid I want to root for. I AM A MERE SPECTATOR! Warren is not behind it’s team it’s behind who they like period and if a kid has a parent that another doesn’t like well then that kid shouldn’t be playing or starting for sure---Now anybody can read what yall write and deduce that! I want to comment on what’s been said so far. If we played the starters we have now we would have had a better season---ok have you been watching these games or do you just not recall how it all went down?? Dekalb , Coffee and Shelbyville are the only games this didn’t happen. Dekalb we won, Shelbyville we lost but not near as bad as we did to Franklin and I’d like to add Shelbyville has kicked butt this season and no way we could beat them even if our coaches played! Coffee was the most messed up case I’ve ever seen. They tried everything in that game the QB threw 1 pik and got pulled and replaced by a QB that threw 4 piks???? And everybody tooted their horns on that. Then the White Co game we won and SORRY folks but only on a technicality---We really didn’t win that game. From then on it’s been the same thing every week and yall get on here and toot and complain and praise this 1 and blame that 1. Get over yourselves!! You are adults and your days are over---quit trying to re-live your days thru these kids. Friday night I know I was not the only person to see it. The last 7 minutes of the game that kid moved the ball ½ the distance in about 2 minutes of play that it took us 3 quarter to move the ball—I think the paper said 80ish yards in the 1st 3 qtrs and 40’s in the last. I don’t understand where yall are coming from---do you want us to win or do you just want to brag about what you see but nobody else sees? Yes people see that this is not the place to bring their kids for athletics—who would want their kid in that mess of my kids better and deserves to play and couldn’t push a flea down(just an example of how yall don’t see this mess). It’s obvious to others on here how messed up it is—just look at what White Co had to say and now Rhea Co sees it. Take the blinders off.

They had 2nd and 3rd string in when the other qb "moved" the ball down the field. All the qb's are great kids/athletes and are only human and will make mistakes. I just feel sorry for ALL the players that have to put up with "their" parents, family members or friends of the family putting all these comments on here about these young men that play for the "so-called" pioneer fans that put them down every day. Support ALL the players. Grow up!! Maybe if "we" showed support and let the coaches coach things would not be as bad. I hope the best for all the present and future players!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had 2nd and 3rd string in when the other qb "moved" the ball down the field. All the qb's are great kids/athletes and are only human and will make mistakes. I just feel sorry for ALL the players that have to put up with "their" parents, family members or friends of the family putting all these comments on here about these young men that play for the "so-called" pioneer fans that put them down every day. Support ALL the players. Grow up!! Maybe if "we" showed support and let the coaches coach things would not be as bad. I hope the best for all the present and future players!!!

Not sure why but they don't consider the use of 2nd and 3rd string when talking on here. If you don't believe me look at the lick I got for commenting on it on the Cumberland Co game. Doesn't seem to matter we've been playing against the water boy in every game this season it seems. I think they played 2nd n 3rd the entire game.

Just to make myself clear—I totally support the kids on this team. I do not support the people that talk negative about kids period. I have not made any negative remarks about any player on this board ever. I did state the facts about the ball moving and it does not matter if we were playing against the waterboy(which somebody said we did in the Franklin and Tullahoma games)—the ball moved. You however seemed to feel it necessary to point that we were playing against 2nd and 3rd string not sure why that matters since we have played against 2nd and 3rd string all season. People on here and public blamed the Jr QB for the loss of Coffee and Shelbyville---I haven’t seen him play until those few minutes the other night then ppl start negative talk. I just don’t get what the deal is. It seems to be personal issues to me because I haven’t seen any good reason for any of the negative talk on here about any of the players---the Jr QB, Northcutt, Robinson,Thrower—any of them yall talk smack about. There is not a logical reason for it! I do support these kids or I wouldn't bother going to the games!

RheaCo, how about that scouting report for this week? What can we expect from Warren County? Do we have anyone that will be out this week?

Well here it is and maybe my last one of the year (I hope not). However, if we win and don't get in Coach Fitz, Coach Hamp. and I are looking at the possibility to host a bowl game at the high school, but I would much rather go to the play-offs.

Injury wise for use I highly doubt York or Z. Cochran plays. Cochran will be the emergency back-up center. We really didn't want to play him last week, but he is a warrior and stepped up and did a decent job for only having one good leg. York has been working out still. In fact I watched him work out for a little bit at the high school on Sunday when watching film. That is one thing about this year's team we have a few more guys that can play center. Roddy is out. Those are the guys that I know of for sure.

Again thank you guys for reading what I put out here every week, and GO EAGLES!

First off I watched last year's game, and man if this year's game is anything like it; then we are in for a great one again. Also for the Warren Co. fans. I believe his last name was Harvey #11. He was the fullback last year. Did he go play anywhere in college? He was a great player with very good size.

I couldn’t find an up to date roster so some guys I’m sure who they are. I remember a lot of these guys from last year's team however.

Warren Co. comes to Eagle Stadium Bill Horton Field for senior night in a critical must win for Rhea. Warren Co. is coming off of two very tough games with Cookeville and a very hot Lincoln Co. team. First year head coach Tommy Johnson leads a talented team. Warren Co. will be running a pistol offense. Running the offense will be Michael Thrower #1. I remember Thrower from last year. He still looks to be a very good athlete. Thrower does a great job extending plays with his feet. He runs very well and he really reminds me of Goose Manning from Ooltewah. Thrower I noticed on film is returning kicks. Another guy that impressed me and I remember from last year Caleb Northcutt #10. He is very impressive on film, very good athlete. He is very elusive runner and has great speed. They love to get him the ball. The fullback looks to be #35 Robert Harris. He is a very good and does a lot of little things very well. Harris and Northcutt are ball players and ones to watch Friday. At receiver for the Pioneers this year Tyler Glenn #88, Mitchell Ashford #17,Franklin Martin #20, and they will also put Northcutt out wide too. Glenn and Martin are both great athletes and will be good targets on the field. The O-line for Warren Co. is very good. They open up big holes for the running backs. Leading the O-Line is Cody Robinson # 76. Robinson is a giant lineman who is a true D-I offensive lineman. He should have good success at the next level. MacRea Thomsen #60 is a very good center and a very smart football player. He snaps the ball well and gets off the line in a hurry.

Warren Co. will be in a 4-3 defense. They have got in a 4-4 before. The defensive line is big and pretty physical as a unit. Landy Curtis #4 at end has shown to be a pretty good end. Robinson will also play on the d-line. The linebacking corp. is good. #40 Dustin Rhea has really impressed me with his play last year and I would expect the same this year. Matthew Hennessee #55 is a good MLB he gets himself in position to make tackles. Calvin Hammond #41 is another linebacker who I like from what I see. He is a talented football player. The secondary for Warren Co. looks to be very stout. They make a lot of big plays as a unit. Northcutt, Thrower, Martin, and two other guys that I could not find names for #3 and #6. Adam Fann is the kicker. He is pretty good; he has improved a good bit from last year.

My overall impressions of Warren Co. are they have a lot of talented ball players. They are very physical and are not afraid to hit somebody. They just havn’t had a lot of things go their way the last two games. Turnovers have killed them the last two games, but they play hard.

Edited by Rhea Co.

No offense but it's not really crisis mode it's just WARREN CO. mode---doesn't matter who or when this is the same stuff you read on here all the time. You mean it's not that way in every county??? Yall don't slam the coaches and say if my kid was in or if my neighbors kid was in it would have went down this way. Seriously I'd love to see these boys pull a team of their ppl together and watch that game. I know it would be AWSOME!!!

It is this way just about everywhere you go. Downing the coaching staff and pointing fingers at other kids. And you can bet not one poster will confront a coach or talk to other players parents. One thing is simple and needs to be understood. You need to support your coaching staff ( like them or not ). And most importantly you need to support the players even if your kid is not a starter. It is all about RESPECT for the team. In reallity I would like to see some of these posters from anywhere in football land coach a game or 2. And would really like to know how good you were when you played. If you even played at all.

Edited by EagleLegend1

It is this way just about everywhere you go. Downing the coaching staff and pointing fingers at other kids. And you can bet not one poster will confront a coach or talk to other players parents. One thing is simple and needs to be understood. You need to support your coaching staff ( like them or not ). And most importantly you need to support the players even if your kid is not a starter. It is all about RESPECT for the team. In reallity I would like to see some of these posters from anywhere in football land coach a game or 2. And would really like to know how good you were when you played. If you even played at all.

Couldn't have said it better. Our poor coaches don't have a chance. There is so much ego on here that I'd hate to be them having to deal with it. I don't think the posters see what they say looks like pure ego and ignorance. If they wanted to win they would shut up and let the coaches coach and be happy for the coaches that they have the experience they have. But no they have to be like a bunch of girls saying well he thinks he's somebody cause he played for so and so but look he can't coach. Thats why I said I'd like to see this imaginary team they all speak of on here---the 1 from Oz that they all played on. I support the coaches if for nothing else putting up with all the bologna they deal with.

Warren Co fans, I can't blame you for being upset with your coaches. After watching us hang 44 on you guys last year, who wouldn't be a little jealous. I think before you make the trip down tomorrow you need a heads up on what you're up against.

There is a man who dwells in the hills of southern Rhea County. His coaching resume? Superb. His offensive prowess? Brilliant. Play calling? Mind boggling. As the architect of the high flying RCHS offenses of the past half decade, Coach Walt Cameron has touched countless lives and served as a true molder-of-men in regards to the youth of Rhea County High School. Born and raised in Dayton, this child prodigy helped lead local Dayton City School to several undefeated seasons. In high school, he was handed the keys to the kingdom that is Rhea County Football, and changed the face of Eagle football forever. As a player, he helped to implement strategies that would ultimately lead RCHS to a state title game in 1986. Almost thirty years later, Coach Cameron still strikes fear into the hearts of opposing defensive coordinators.

Philosophically, the genius of Coach Cameron's plan lies in it's almost child-like simplicity. It seems like no matter what opposing defenses decide to throw at our boys, our offensive guru's schemes stand the test of time. 4-3 defense? Iso. 9 in the box? Counter. 11-man suicide blitz? You know what's comin', but you can't stop it---the trap ran with surgeon like precision. Throw in a bubble screen along with a few play action passes and it's just not fair anymore.

So to those making the trip to beautiful Evensville tonight, sit back, relax, and prepare to watch some offensive fireworks at one of the greatest venues in East Tennessee.

Edited by Waltsbiggestfan