Warren Co @ Rhea Co

EagleLegend1

Warren Co fans, I can't blame you for being upset with your coaches. After watching us hang 44 on you guys last year, who wouldn't be a little jealous. I think before you make the trip down tomorrow you need a heads up on what you're up against.

There is a man who dwells in the hills of southern Rhea County. His coaching resume? Superb. His offensive prowess? Brilliant. Play calling? Mind boggling. As the architect of the high flying RCHS offenses of the past half decade, Coach Walt Cameron has touched countless lives and served as a true molder-of-men in regards to the youth of Rhea County High School. Born in raised in Dayton, this child prodigy helped lead local Dayton City School to several undefeated seasons. In high school, he was handed the keys to the kingdom that is Rhea County Football, and changed the face of Eagle football forever. As a player, he helped to implement strategies that would ultimately lead RCHS to a state title game in 1986. Almost thirty years later, Coach Cameron still strikes fear into the hearts of opposing defensive coordinators.

Philosophically, the genius of Coach Cameron's plan lies in it's almost child-like simplicity. It seems like no matter what opposing defenses decide to throw at our boys, our offensive guru's schemes stand the test of time. 4-3 defense? Iso. 9 in the box? Counter. 11-man suicide blitz? You know what's comin', but you can't stop it---the trap ran with surgeon like precision. Throw in a bubble screen along with a few play action passes and it's just not fair anymore.

So to those making the trip to beautiful Evensville tonight, sit back, relax, and prepare to watch some offensive fireworks at one of the greatest venues in East Tennessee.

You must really be bored. Really bored.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to those making the trip to beautiful Evensville tonight, sit back, relax, and prepare to watch some offensive fireworks at one of the greatest venues in East Tennessee.

Wow! I thought we were playing a 4-5 Rhea Co not Maryville. :lol:

My friend don't let the 4-5 record fool you. When you arrive in Evensville tonight I will assure you it want be a walk thru game. Because you folks stand in between the boys from Evensville and a chance at a playoff spot.

Wow! I thought we were playing a 4-5 Rhea Co not Maryville. :lol:

This is true. You are playing a 4-5 RC team. However, I'd take any 4-5 RC team over anybody else in the district. Call it green glasses or whatever you wish. Truth is, when you step into Eagle Stadium tonight you will feel the passion that Rhea County players play with. From kickoff to final whistle, they'll fly around like it's life or death. Down here, football is pretty much a second religion. I mean, look at where Rhea is located. We have nothing else to do besides work on a farm, shoot animals, and play football. I'd be willing to bet that there are not too many programs in the state with as much tradition as the Golden Eagles.

That being said, it's going to be a chilly night in Evensville. Bring your blankets and dress warm. Cameron Tallent is going to put on a show with his golden arm and unmatchable ability to extend plays. And maybe, just maybe, our doughnut of an offensive coordinator will put on a clinic for all East Tennessee to see. :popcorneater:

Safe travels guys. And one last thing, in case you guys from Warren have heard about pre-game prayers being banned just south of us in Hamilton County, you can expect there WILL be a prayer prior to kickoff tonight in Evensville :thumb:

Warren Co fans, I can't blame you for being upset with your coaches. After watching us hang 44 on you guys last year, who wouldn't be a little jealous. I think before you make the trip down tomorrow you need a heads up on what you're up against.

There is a man who dwells in the hills of southern Rhea County. His coaching resume? Superb. His offensive prowess? Brilliant. Play calling? Mind boggling. As the architect of the high flying RCHS offenses of the past half decade, Coach Walt Cameron has touched countless lives and served as a true molder-of-men in regards to the youth of Rhea County High School. Born and raised in Dayton, this child prodigy helped lead local Dayton City School to several undefeated seasons. In high school, he was handed the keys to the kingdom that is Rhea County Football, and changed the face of Eagle football forever. As a player, he helped to implement strategies that would ultimately lead RCHS to a state title game in 1986. Almost thirty years later, Coach Cameron still strikes fear into the hearts of opposing defensive coordinators.

Philosophically, the genius of Coach Cameron's plan lies in it's almost child-like simplicity. It seems like no matter what opposing defenses decide to throw at our boys, our offensive guru's schemes stand the test of time. 4-3 defense? Iso. 9 in the box? Counter. 11-man suicide blitz? You know what's comin', but you can't stop it---the trap ran with surgeon like precision. Throw in a bubble screen along with a few play action passes and it's just not fair anymore.

Regardless of what a select few of us (myself included) may think about this man, I will have to agree on one thing: He has touched the lives of quite a few young men. He also coaches Rhea Central basketball, and has for quite some time. He does care about his players. Plus, he was the 4-4A Offensive Coordinator of the year a few years ago. He has to be doing something right, or we wouldn't have made it to the quarterfinals a couple years ago. I think WaltsBiggestFan is some kind of great historian on Rhea County. With all this knowledge on his favorite offensive coordinator, he must truly be Walt's Biggest Fan. Maybe he can be his protégé and be the OC when Cameron retires.

Regardless of what a select few of us (myself included) may think about this man, I will have to agree on one thing: He has touched the lives of quite a few young men. He also coaches Rhea Central basketball, and has for quite some time. He does care about his players. Plus, he was the 4-4A Offensive Coordinator of the year a few years ago. He has to be doing something right, or we wouldn't have made it to the quarterfinals a couple years ago. I think WaltsBiggestFan is some kind of great historian on Rhea County. With all this knowledge on his favorite offensive coordinator, he must truly be Walt's Biggest Fan. Maybe he can be his protégé and be the OC when Cameron retires.

I could never fill those shoes (or that jacket). I'm just a casual observer giving credit where credit is due.

As far as the prayer issue is concerned, I'm convinced that there will be prayer in Eagle Stadium as long as Coach Cameron is prowling the sidelines looking to dismantle opposing defenses.

Sorry to see you guys did not make the playoffs after last night victory and a 3rd place finish in your district ahead of Soddy.I will say the three games i have seen you play the last one was last night i wanted my brother and his boy to see kids play with the heart your kids play with and coaches who get the most out of every kid on the field.My brother has already called with plans for Thursday so it seems Rhea will have two more fans at Carson Newman.

Sorry to see you guys did not make the playoffs after last night victory and a 3rd place finish in your district ahead of Soddy.I will say the three games i have seen you play the last one was last night i wanted my brother and his boy to see kids play with the heart your kids play with and coaches who get the most out of every kid on the field.My brother has already called with plans for Thursday so it seems Rhea will have two more fans at Carson Newman.

Thank-you Seniors, for all the hard work and time, you guys have put forth your entire career !!! Good-luck to all the rising Pioneers for next year's team, and remember players are made during the off-season not during the season. Work hard Pioneers ,for yourself, your coaches,teammates ,and fans. The "SWAMI" is signing off until next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!