Wartburg vs. Sunbright- who wins it

goldfinger

It was a very hard fought ballgame with both teams battling until the end. However you are wrong about the one thing you disagree with. It was 3rd and practically goal. If Wartburg would have taken a knee it would have brought up fourth down and Sunbright would have gotten the ball back. Now, Sunbright scored twice on O.S. very quickly. Do you think that might have had something to do with Wartburg trying to put another score in and not just hand the ball back over?

i was thinkin there was like a minute and 31 seconds left on a third and like 6 or 7 so yes u gotta run your offense sunbright scored in first half in less than 10 seconds so u cant take a chance with the district auto berth on the line we did the right thing by scoring one more to make sure it was out of reach

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very hard fought ballgame with both teams battling until the end. However you are wrong about the one thing you disagree with. It was 3rd and practically goal. If Wartburg would have taken a knee it would have brought up fourth down and Sunbright would have gotten the ball back. Now, Sunbright scored twice on O.S. very quickly. Do you think that might have had something to do with Wartburg trying to put another score in and not just hand the ball back over?

On the Radio, Coach Shoemaker said he did not feel comfortable until there was a three score lead. He said that the Oliver Springs game showed how quickly the Sunbright team could score. I agree. Anyone who doesn't believe that needs to look at the end of the 1st half. Wartburg was ahead 2 scores and Sunbright scored in less than a minute. 2 scores leaves the door open, three scores seals the deal. It would not be smart to give them the ball with any time on the clock. Remember, Oliver Springs was trying to take a knee when the fumbled snap was recovered by Sunbright.

yea oakdale could beat alcoa if only they could talk jeff fisher into coming down for a year or two.... :|

I guess you agreed with the on side kick with 8 minutes left,an jessie could run the ball for a first down

just about every time he run it.Then you run a pass play an get it picked off. That pick was the turning point of the game. They run what ever play the coaches put in.My motto is if it aint broke dont fix it.

yea oakdale could beat alcoa if only they could talk jeff fisher into coming down for a year or two.... :|

Well since alcoa outscored you guys 514-116 In the last 10 seasons that you played them, I would safely assume that Jeff wouldve had some trouble overcoming that. You guys are talking down on people because you all are having a "good year" but just remember, WE are the district champs. You guys are a 2A team and couldn't even win the 1A district so be careful when you belittle other teams. Go Jackets. 2010 District Champs

I have to say congrats to the bulldogs for taking it to us. It was a hard fought game throughout. The only thing I didn't agree with is the last touchdown by wartburg. 1st and 10 up 14 with a minute left and sunbright only having one timeout left and you pass the ball <_< . All you should have done was take a couple of knees and game over have a nice trip home, but instead you do the same thing that you did to oakdale. Just wondering what the thought was behind all of that. But either way, the game is over and both teams move on. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Ask North Green, Whitwell, Jellico, Red Boiling Springs, Kings Academy and Oakdale how many "knees" Sunbright took on them?

Well since alcoa outscored you guys 514-116 In the last 10 seasons that you played them, I would safely assume that Jeff wouldve had some trouble overcoming that. You guys are talking down on people because you all are having a "good year" but just remember, WE are the district champs. You guys are a 2A team and couldn't even win the 1A district so be careful when you belittle other teams. Go Jackets. 2010 District Champs

Oh my gosh lol, will Coalfield ever shut up. Answer = never. Listen, no one is talking down on anybody besides that dumbnut oletiger. The season is over and yet you people from coalfield always wanna bring up how better at football you are so the only one here doing that in you. Wartburg is a 2A school yes but how does that supposedly make them a better team because it doesn't. Wartburg was stuck in AA those years because of the school size and yes they were absolutely bashed all those years and no morgan county team can say they could do better because they wouldn't. Wartburg is having a good year after all they torment of playing the Alcoas, CAKs, and Loudons. Coalfield won they district good for you they only ppl downing this year were the experts so i don't see way Coalfield automatically assumes it was Wartburg. Yes the dogs let this get to their heads were they started getting cocky and they paid for it with the loss against the jackets. Its the playoffs now and every team needs to prove their worth. If i was coalfield i'd be getting ready for sunbright in the playoffs i hear sunbright will make it to the final four in the division so looks like no love for the district champs.

Defence or D-fence it was still 41 points and a droped pass in the endzone and a fumble on the 3 yard line that could have been 2 more scores

How about defense there einstien.woula coulda shoulda.I agree the tigers got beat by the better team that night.I just saying i disagree with alot of Stephens play calling.

DITTO MY FRIEND.They are a 2aa team having that much trouble with the 1a teams lets just

see how they handle the playoffs.I look for them to meet up with rockwood in round 2.I think

the out come will be different than the last time they played.

DITTO MY FRIEND.They are a 2aa team having that much trouble with the 1a teams lets just

see how they handle the playoffs.I look for them to meet up with rockwood in round 2.I think

the out come will be different than the last time they played.

true fact but u forgot one big part we beat alcoa twice overall give the dawgs there rightful due a win over alcoa is a big thing in east tennessee even if it was 1995 and 2001 and from what ive seen TSSAA doesnt reward for winning a district only for total wins so does a district championship really mean a whole lot anymore?

Edited by Gobey