DII A Playoffs

PowerSweep

Well it's looking very probable that there will be a USJ vs. Knox Webb rematch in the Quarterfinals assuming USJ gets by the E/M #6 seed unless I'm looking at the bracket incorrectly.

That will be a great matchup... can Knox Webb's young defense & secondary defend the wide-open Bruin pass offense and can USJ contain the 3 lightning quick RBs in the Spartans wing-t?

Revenge will certainly be on the minds of the Bruins however they will have a long road trip to contend with. Definitely worth the price of admission!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#5 E/M- Zion or FRA @

#2 W1- SBEC/Harding/ECS

Winner @ #2 E/M- Davidson

Possible same bracket as last year with Zion at SBEC and the winner going to Davidson. Both SBEC and Davidson are considerably lighter than they were last year. They're so used to playing each other but it might seem like two new teams with the new coaching staffs and the roster turnover. From a personal standpoint, it would be a fun one. I hope SBEC can get through a probable dogfight with FACS on Friday.

#3 W1- Harding/SBEC/FACS @

#3 E/M- DCA

Winner @ #1 W2- St. George's

Possibly an FACS@DCA rematch from last year. DCA/SGIS looks like a really interesting possible 2nd round matchup. Harding's got their offense going and could be fun vs. DCA

--------------------------------------

#3 W2- JCS/Fayette @

#4 E/M- FRA/Ezell

Winner @ ECS/Harding

Franklin Road/ECS looks like an intriguing matchup to me.

#6 E/M- Ezell/Zion @

#2 W2- USJ

Winner @ #1 E/M- Webb

Agreed with above, w/ no offense to Ezell or Zion, a matchup of last year's CG b/w USJ and Webb could be a really good final. To have it in the quarterfinals would make it a serious marquee matchup. The potential ECS/Webb semi-final looks good as well. ECS and USJ played a good, close game earlier in the year that could be an interesting barometer vs. USJ to help predict the result againt ECS.

Obviously, still have to let things play out this Friday to be sure but as noted above the bottom half of the bracket could be really fun to watch. The potential FRA/ECS matchup is overshadowed by the potential USJ/Webb game but it looks really sneaky good.

Edited by Trojan Fan

Trojan Fan, I completely agree that the potential FRA/ECS match-up could be very interesting. FRA played Webb off their feet at Webb this year and were within a few yards of tying or winning the game as time expired. They also beat St. Benedict which gave Briarcrest a good game last Friday. At any rate, I really believe FRA can be a sleeper and surprise some people.

The East / Middle brackets should have EM #1 (Webb), #3 (DCA), and #5 (FRA or Zion) on one side with EM #2 (Davidson), #4 (FRA or EH), and #6 (EH or Zion) on the other.

#5 E/M- Zion or FRA @

#2 W1- SBEC/Harding/ECS

Winner @ #1 E/M- Webb

#3 E/M- DCA

#3 W2- JCS/Fayette @

#4 E/M- FRA/Ezell

Winner @ ECS/Harding

#6 E/M- Ezell/Zion @

#2 W2- USJ

No doubt, I'm getting older but I'd swear I looked at the right bracket when I made this out. Now, it's not the same bracket or I'm senile. Thanks, Ezell. I think you've got the odd-numbered year bracket that's currently out there. Looking at the PDF on the TSSAA web site, it's dated Oct 27, 2010 (yesterday). I wonder if they did a switcheroo on me?...would make me feel better about hopefully not being senile.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf (page 5 even-numbered years)

I'll re-do those matchups.

#5 E/M- Zion or FRA#6 E/M-Ezell/Zion @

#2 W1- SBEC/Harding/ECS

#3 E/M- DCA#4 E/M FRA/Ezell

#3 W2- JCS/Fayette @

#4 E/M- FRA/Ezell #3 E/M DCA

Winner @ #1 W1- ECS/Harding

#6 E/M- Ezell/Zion#5 E/M Zion/FRA @

#2 W2- USJ

Winner @ #1 E/M- Webb

Edited by Trojan Fan

The top half may be tough, but the bottom half of this bracket is BRUTAL.

If it plays out USJ/Webb winner would have to play ECS just to get to championship game (of course there can be upsets along the way). Tell me again how weak Div IIA is ?????

No question the bottom half of the bracket is loaded! I haven't seen St. George's play this season but it wouldn't surprise me to see FRA (if they are in it) or Davidson Academy come out of this bracket and make it to Cookeville.

All the favorites won in the last regular season game and here is your final bracket. It's playoff time! 12 schools, 4 Eagles, 2 Bears, 3 kinds of cats, Sparta, Troy, and a mythical eagle/lion. Saddle up, boys. Let's have some fun. Safe travel everybody. I assume all the Eagles will be flying to their first round destinations? :)

#6 E/M- Ezell-Harding Christian School Eagles @

#2 W1- Southern Baptist Educational Center Trojans

Winner @ #2 E/M- Davidson Academy Bears

#3 W1- Harding Academy Lions @

#4 E/M- Franklin Road Academy Panthers

Winner @ #1 W2- St. George's Independent School Gryphons

#3 W2- Jackson Christian School Eagles @

#3 E/M- Donelson Christian Academy Wildcats

Winner @ #1 W1- Evangelical Christian School Eagles

#5 E/M- Zion Christian Academy Eagles @

#2 W2- University School of Jackson Bruins

Winner @ #1 E/M- Webb School of Knoxville Spartans

Edited by Trojan Fan

First round picks

USJ vs Zion - USJ (USJ will pass and run at will)

DCA vs JCS - DCA (Expect DCA's balanced offense to score enough to win this one)

FRA vs Harding - FRA (FRA has a very good one, two punch at RB and playing at home)

SBEC vs Ezell Harding - Ezell Harding (Ezell has lost their last 4 games but I think they take this one)

Edited by PowerSweep

#6 E/M- Ezell-Harding Christian School Eagles @ 0

#2 W1- Southern Baptist Educational Center Trojans 23

SBEC @

#2 E/M- Davidson Academy Bears

#3 W1- Harding Academy Lions @ 7

#4 E/M- Franklin Road Academy Panthers 44

FRA @

#1 W2- St. George's Independent School Gryphons

#3 W2- Jackson Christian School Eagles @ 31

#3 E/M- Donelson Christian Academy Wildcats 14