Karns dominated?

TheEdge2010

Wow everyone seems to get torn up when the truth is being brought out. mmmmmmmmm...Interesting

What truth is that? And who brought up the information of recruitment to start with? What is really interesting here Edge is that someone on here is making something about nothing and not taking the TSSAA's explanation that it is not an issue and accusing people of things without any evidence. NO, I do take it back, its really not interesting. Its Mettling and making accusatory statements in a schools affairs while they are in season and not findi.ng out whether they are true or not before it starts. And who rightly is upset about it. From a person that is so concerned about the players, where have you been in not talking to a principal about this. Do you think the players might be a little upset. Why did not the TSSAA talk to you about it. Clearly you had no evidence and you did not know the story although you were an expert. Why should anyone have the reason to tell you? They shouldn't and I hope they won't again. It's really none of your business and if want to know, just go to the TSSAA and they will find out/ Edited by PHargis

Pageman, I heard from a parent a few minutes ago that coaching was a issue. Karns didnt work on or use to its advantage all the options they had. Was coach Williams that bad there? I too feel they had the talent but were under coached at times.

Well, Edge, I didn't watch the AAA much since I was concerned with AA. I certainly will not get into whether a coach was bad or not. Sometimes coaches do things that the fans don't understand. There are several factors involving rotation and substitution that we fans don't have the inside information to understand why a coach does certain things during a match.

Athletically Karns was the best team I saw at the state. They were big and athletic. I thought the same last season. They should have won a state championship, but they simply are not that well coached. Independance has no where near the talent that Karns has. However, they were coached off the court, just like last year. Poor use of time outs; failure to adjust the defense; and the most limited offense I have ever watched with that much talent.

The sad thing is that the program says the setter and middles were seniors. They played great, and hard. Nothing to be ashamed about. Coaching makes a huge impact on this game.

As far as Ravenwood goes, siegel is a better team.

not to bash... but, your last statement was not very well thought through. Ravenwood played dominate volleyball last week. not even dobyns-bennett could beat them. and they had two chances. so by the statement you made you're saying siegel is better than dobyns-bennett. you obviously did not attend the game between these two. DB in 3. siegel did not even make it to 20 at any point in the match.

Wonder why the school board member didn't contack the Office in Knoxville or the school? Why wasn't the matter looked in to,,there was no proof, why wasn't the school contacted? It was in the TSSAA minutes and was discussed. someone made a decision. Edge, turn it loose, you have no evidence. And by the way, it is off subject on this thread. Start another thread if it is of interest.

Hargis, Thanks for info. I think much has been made of coach williams and her club team of '18" and older. I had a Knoxville parent tell me it was nothing more than a recruiting tool for her. She was indeed in the gym around her team in Franklin last spring. Even though she wasnt the coach of this team she is using her 18 yr old team as an excuse to be in the gym. We each KNOW THIS IS A VIOLATION OF TSSAA RULES. I guess however you will indeed pay in the end. Everyone in the volleyball world knows what is going on except TSSAA. CONGRAS TO RAVENWOOD, I TOLD YOUALL SO!

WOW! You may want to check your facts!

As the mother of some Karns Lady Beavers, I can tell you that they didn't play in Franklin during the entire club season last year. If you don't believe me, check the SRVA web site. The Phoenix 17's played in Ohio, but Coach Williams was two states away. We played in Atlanta twice, but Coach Williams was 10-20 courts away with her team. We did REGISTER to play at the A-Game for a 17 Power tourney, but that division got canceled and we never played there.

I coached some of the Phoenix girls (including some Karns, Hardin Valley, Bearden, and Powell players) in Franklin twice last season, but Coach Williams never got to see them play in Franklin because she was busy with her team. We were also playing miles away at a local high school.

I have a 10-year-old daughter who was in the gym at Franklin on a Phoenix team, but I doubt you are worried about her YET!

The Phoenix Rising Volleyball Club has girls playing from 12+ different schools in the Knoxville and Morristown areas. It's not just about Karns.

I've been a participant on this site for four years trying to positively communicate about the Karns High School Lady Beavers and the outstanding players and parents that support this team and its coaches, but I've been heart broken to see the personal attacks on Coach Williams and the girls.

What have we ever done to deserve these attacks except want to play a game that we love, work to get better, and WIN!

If you've ever seen Coach Williams work with a team, you will quickly see a woman who is hard working, enthusiastic, patient and kind. She doesn't recruit. She doesn't have to. She is one of the best volleyball coaches in the Knoxville area who creates a positive, supportive environment, and players want to play for her. If you watch, you'll see a kind, caring woman who supports the girls, always has a smile and a hug for them, and challenges them to get better.

One of my daughters was ready to give up the game after a club season with a bad coach. In just three days of tryouts her freshman year, Coach Williams helped to give her back her confidence and love of the game.

If she is such a bad coach, why does she currently have four former players playing in the college ranks and more headed that way?

I feel blessed to have had Kynette Williams in my daughters lives the last four years. She has had an extremely positive influence on them.

And YES -- Congratulations to Ravenwood. They were the best team in AAA in Tennessee this year, and they proved it -- ON THE COURT!

Nice post Volley2.

It is obvious you are very devoted to this coach. I am in the east tennessee area and have seen her coach during a few matches. She never yells at the players and is in control every step of the way. I have read 'bashings' about her but I think I would count the negativity as Envy. She doesn't seem to need to recruit if she is that desireable. "If you coach them they will come." I have always thought that girls need more than a few skills and fundamentals to give their all to a team- they want to be loved too................ G o o d v a l u e s.

Edited by jumper

WOW! You may want to check your facts!

As the mother of some Karns Lady Beavers, I can tell you that they didn't play in Franklin during the entire club season last year. If you don't believe me, check the SRVA web site. The Phoenix 17's played in Ohio, but Coach Williams was two states away. We played in Atlanta twice, but Coach Williams was 10-20 courts away with her team. We did REGISTER to play at the A-Game for a 17 Power tourney, but that division got canceled and we never played there.

I coached some of the Phoenix girls (including some Karns, Hardin Valley, Bearden, and Powell players) in Franklin twice last season, but Coach Williams never got to see them play in Franklin because she was busy with her team. We were also playing miles away at a local high school.

The Phoenix Rising Volleyball Club has girls playing from 12+ different schools in the Knoxville and Morristown areas. It's not just about Karns.

Gosh , I just love it when the facts come out. :thumb:

This means you can't trust accusations by some posters. "Here say". Everyone has a right to their opinion but base it on a real truth. not on The Edge of a k2ruth.

Edited by bigfoot1200

V@, good post. Likley you might not understand some of the things as to events, etc. You post is not quite my recollection but along with my previous post does not change the thrust of what may have happened. Nothing was mentioned to anyone about anything. The season is over. A list of things happen in Club and as Club owners, so to speak, oversee the business, they need to oversee the direction. IMO, this has nothing to do with violations of anything that I can find in the rules. However, after the season is over and players eligibility has finished The rules do change. My point of view is if something was done wrong and I have no indication it has, nothing was done intentionally. Club owners check on personell all of the time, coaching personnel. After all it is their financial duty. But this is a grey area as is personnel of a school to do so and a real grey area for school personnel of public and private school watching 8th grade students to see their skills. This is so much of a grey area that might not be covered by rules, that has so many directions I don't think a regulating body would want to dip their toe in it. Certainly it is an area that edge might be speaking of and K2 being sensitive in. Without knowing it things may just happen. Rules may be there, but not written. Intent may be the reasoning factor. This mixes operations of Club, Private Schools and Public schools together but the leveling factor, IMO, is what is the intent of the parents and what and when did they want something to be done. If they do their job, the rest is clear. However what is also clear is, if a high school coach who is a club coach has a player on their team with high school sport eligibility left and the Coach is actively coaching the club team, that might need to be checked out. If the Coach runs the club and has someone else coaching the team, that might need to be checked out also. SRVA is documentation but things change, tournament classifications change that make one wonder what went on, i.e.,tournament directors consolidate age groups in a particular age group and the records may not look right, I absolutely don't want to go there nor even try to explain that. I don't really know. The season is over with. With as many people being said to know things, if something was wrong, why did not someone except a partison fan say something. Evidently sone one did turn something in to the TSSAA and 1200 explained it. I believe that because the TSSAA indicated, I thought that it was cleared up, it was cleared up. The season is over. I would suggest that coaches be careful what you do and those accusing coaches be extremely careful as you are in the middle of effecting someones reputation and career.

Edited by PHargis

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Anyone know how the scrimmage at Central went?
    • I grew up watching Greene Devil Football since I could walk and still close with a lot of the coaches so should know my history pretty well lol.  Everything worked out the way it should have but firmly believe McCurry would have won some State Title if he wouldn't been let go (Greeneville still runs the same D he brought here and he let Ballard run the O and stayed out of it when it came to calling plays.  Greeneville was put out in the Semi's McCurry's last year against Maryville and the next year Greeneville stayed in 4a and was State Runner up playing were they were placed for the first time by the TSSAA.). It was definitely a McCurry and Ballard show that turned everything around along with the Community buying in and revamping the weight room and field house. Since Ballard got promoted to HC every Coach after him has been within the Greeneville Coaching staff because your right, they know what it takes to win a state championship.  Ballard was a master mine on O and what i think Greeneville has lacked since he left and let some Championships or making it to the Championship slip away over the last few years
    • Sounds like you know your area history well. Going back and looking the records were better than I thought but mostly still beating Upper East TN schools. Ballard sounds like he came/was promoted at the right time.    I do think it’s no coincidence that them keeping the HCs as guys who were former guys on the staff. Too many times schools want a “state championship” leveled coach from the outside but they don’t know the landscape. Promoting from within will help with less turnover and keep the program consistent. 
    • You’re a fool if you think I have more than one account