6A Playoffs Predictions Past Week 10

mjuhb

I think you are right, but if you just look at the map that the TSSAA provides, it makes MUCH more sense for LIncoln Co to go in with Williamson Co and Davidson Co than with Cookeville, Bradley and Oak Ridge....not just saying that as an OHS fan either. If lincon Co goes east, you'll have 64 wins in Quad 3! Brentwood seeded 8th and district champs playing Smynra 1st round!

Let me pose this question...since Coffee County won-that puts Cookeville, Coffee County, and Oak Ridge all in the eastern part of quad 2. I realize you have your Chattanooga teams and Riverdale, but why wouldn't Mt. Juliet make more geographic sense to put in with Quad 2. That puts 4 together east of 40, and 4 together south of it. Then, in Quad 3, you have the three Murfreesboro schools, the two Williamson County Schools, the two Davidson County Schools, and Lincoln County. This helps in the seeding as well...look.

1. Smyrna v. 8 LC

2. Blackman v. 7 Brentwood

3. Oakland v. 6 Overton

4. Franklin v. 5 McGavock

and then Quad 2 would be...

1. MJ

2. Bradley

3. Riverdale

4. Oak Ridge

5. Soddy Daisy

6. Cookeville

7. Coffee County

8. Franklin County

Edited by runninreb

Let me pose this question...since Coffee County won-that puts Cookeville, Coffee County, and Oak Ridge all in the eastern part of quad 2. I realize you have your Chattanooga teams and Riverdale, but why wouldn't Mt. Juliet make more geographic sense to put in with Quad 2. That puts 4 together east of 40, and 40 together south of it. Then, in Quad 3, you have the four Murfreesboro schools, the two Williamson County Schools, and the two Davidson County Schools. It doesn't really lighten the load at all, but geographically it makes more sense.

Well because the 4 i40 teams wouldn't be paired together and the 4 i24 teams wouldn't be paired together. It's just as close to Oakland as Mt. Juliet, and a lot closer from bradley frankin and coffee co. Now, for the real reason, they don't want Blackman and Oakland in the same quad, in my opinion.

Well because the 4 i40 teams wouldn't be paired together and the 4 i24 teams wouldn't be paired together. It's just as close to Oakland as Mt. Juliet, and a lot closer from bradley frankin and coffee co. Now, for the real reason, they don't want Blackman and Oakland in the same quad, in my opinion.

You may be right, and as a point of fact I agree with you IF things stay the same. But, Murfreesboro is not closer to Cookeville and beyond than Mount Juliet...my point is, it makes as much sense to put MJ in the east as it does a Murfreesboro school, and actually more because now Coffee County factors in as well as Lincoln County. It could be considered a push, but it does alleviate making Brentwood an 8 seed, which THEY DO NOT DESERVE.

You may be right, and as a point of fact I agree with you IF things stay the same. But, Murfreesboro is not closer to Cookeville and beyond than Mount Juliet...my point is, it makes as much sense to put MJ in the east as it does a Murfreesboro school, and actually more because now Coffee County factors in as well as Lincoln County. It could be considered a push, but it does alleviate making Brentwood an 8 seed, which THEY DO NOT DESERVE.

BUT it's not just Cookeville and Oak Ridge, it's coffee Co, Soddy Daisy, Bradley Co, and Franklin Co too...According to Google Maps, you are correct, Mt. Juliet is exactly 0.3 miles to Cookeville than Oakland is from Cookeville. BTW, I don't follow your Coffee Co/Lincoln Co argument, Coffee Co and Linconl would have to go through Murfreesboro to get to Mt. Juliet. The more I think about it, TSSAA saves face by splitting up Oakland and Blackman and making Lincoln Co go into Quad 3.

Edited by randymc

I'm putting Lincoln with Murfreesboro and Davidson and Williamson. Coffee County is in the middle of nowhere (about like Dickson), but I am just saying, like you, that the TSSAA could save face by putting LC in Quad 3, I just have a different Quad 2 team than you. And, I will restate this...it is FISHY that Oakland was considered more east than Blackman and now is not? I said the same thing the day it came out.

I'm putting Lincoln with Murfreesboro and Davidson and Williamson. Coffee County is in the middle of nowhere (about like Dickson), but I am just saying, like you, that the TSSAA could save face by putting LC in Quad 3, I just have a different Quad 2 team than you. And, I will restate this...it is FISHY that Oakland was considered more east than Blackman and now is not? I said the same thing the day it came out.

Very much so, look at the TSSAA Maps, Oakland is farther East than Riverdale! (http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/maps6A.cfm) and Blackman is WAY farther West than either one. Nobody is talking about why is Riverdale East, so if RHS is OHS should be too. BUT one 8 win team must go west, looks like it will be OHS or BHS, when to balance the Quads, it should be RHS if they were wanting to finagle the system. If you look at that map, it really makes no sense for Mt. Juliet to be in Quad 2, and that's not just because I am from Murfreesboro, just look at the dots. Smyrna is farther East than Mt. Juliet is.

Edited by randymc

Very much so, look at the TSSAA Maps, Oakland is farther East than Riverdale! (http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/maps6A.cfm) and Blackman is WAY farther West than either one. Nobody is talking about why is Riverdale East, so if RHS is OHS should be too. BUT one 8 win team must go west, looks like it will be OHS or BHS, when to balance the Quads, it should be RHS if they were wanting to finagle the system.

Maybe they want to keep Oakland and Riverdale in different quads so they could meet in state championship if they were to get that far.

Maybe they want to keep Oakland and Riverdale in different quads so they could meet in state championship if they were to get that far.

Those aren't the 2 best teams in Rutherford Co this year though.....Honestly, they should put Smyrna, Riverdale together and Blackman and Oakland together, if they wanted to do it RIGHT, regardless of geography. Smyrna shouldn't have to beat Oakland OR Blackman again until state finals, they've earned that.

• Upvote 1

Those aren't the 2 best teams in Rutherford Co this year though.....Honestly, they should put Smyrna, Riverdale together and Blackman and Oakland together, if they wanted to do it RIGHT, regardless of geography. Smyrna shouldn't have to beat Oakland OR Blackman again until state finals, they've earned that.

I have a feeling that all teams that end up in quad 3 are going to feel screwed.

I hope we get into the easiest quad and maybe we will because of how we travel and the longer we stay the bigger the gate each week LOL

lol i think just to be fair they should split rutherford county into all 4 quads so no one quad gets completly dominated by 7-AAA lol...to bad theyd never do that though

quad 1

1 dobyns-bennett

2 maryville

3 sevier co

4 bearden

5 hardin valley

6 farragut

7 science hill

8 jefferson co

jefferson co at D-B

hardin at bearden

farragut at sevier co