Quad 4 Class A

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monster man, nothing wrong with being excited with 5-5 and playoffs after the tough couple of years at Bruceton. Things look to be heading in the right direction. Lake Co. went through similar times in early 2000s. Keep playing hard and who knows what can happen in the playoffs!!

Huge win for the Tigers. It may not have been pretty... but they made the plays when they had to. Good enough to make a 2nd round for the first time since 07.I am excited for them. PC next Friday night.

Congrats Bruceton. As I said earlier it is playoffs and you never know. Go get ready fo Perry Co.

Dawg, we all left the SF game cause the kids were cold...Ended up stopping and watching the 4thQ of the UC game!!! Met a couple of Perry Co fans and one player...we need to get a birth certificate on that guy!!! Congrats to the Tigers from LC, wow has yals program improved and we are glad to see that...we know what its like to go thru those times where talent is down...Now beat PC

If you had been watching Bruceton the last couple of years, you would understand why we are very happy to make the playoffs again. At one point this season they were riding a 23 game losing streak. A very few years ago if we did not win 7 games and go to the quarter finals the fans were disappointed.

Most teams in quad 4 would have taken a whipping from Camden (1 seed 3a), McKenzie(1 seed 2a), TCA(2 seed 2a) and Dresden (3 seed 2A). They are all playoff teams. Huntingdon at 4-6 is not a bad team either and that was close game at half. They romped us pretty good late in the game but it was not a blowout from start to finish. I think we even may have been leading at half. Huntingdon is not what they have been in the last few years, but not a cupcake. They were the last team to beat Alcoa for a 2A championship, I beleive and that was only a very few years ago.

I am not delusional concerning where we are as a football program. HBR has a long way to go to be the team they were in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's but they made some strides this year. That is what we are happy about. Not that we lost to those teams, but that we did compete with those we should compete with and I think we will be competitive with those others in time.

All that said, it will be hard for us to compete with Union City tonight. I think this bunch will come out an give a good account of themselves and if they get a few breaks who knows.

We have some injuries that have really hurt us all year, but they have stuck it out and won some games when their back was too the wall and that is why we have a lot of optimism for the coaches, players and program.

Actually they didnt beat Alcoa, that was the year that started the streak for Alcoa, the year before that (02-03 season) was when they beat David Lipscomb for the title with Terrance Bell and Company.I remember that game, Bell set a record for rushing yards and rushing tds in a state game i believe, amazing performance.