Harriman Blue Devils

thugster06

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect big things from this harriman group this year.. made it to state last year and didnt play to there potential in that game in my opinion they could have one that one! I expect em to get to great start.. and there single a student section they bring to most games can be rowdy!

On tallent alone you all should win the district,last year tallent is what got you to the state along with alot of LUCK,but you have to have some kind of luck every now and then.The problem you all have is in your coaching-just like football,always have alot of tallent but under achieve with the exception of last year,you all over acheived.Sounds wierd but it is the truth,the love kid should be a dominate force in Bball and Fball,but he has never been a stand out in either one,Inman is a grear athlete and stands out in both sports,which ever way he goes so goes the team,your coaches cannot develope kids into players,Inmans always been good,didnt have to develope that one.This district is way down,you all shouldnt have a problem getting to the district finals,I dont know much about the region but some great players graduated last year.So you all are my pick in the district if your coaches dont screw it up!I really dont see you all at the state tourn,region 1 has some really good teams.

On tallent alone you all should win the district,last year tallent is what got you to the state along with alot of LUCK,but you have to have some kind of luck every now and then.The problem you all have is in your coaching-just like football,always have alot of tallent but under achieve with the exception of last year,you all over acheived.Sounds wierd but it is the truth,the love kid should be a dominate force in Bball and Fball,but he has never been a stand out in either one,Inman is a grear athlete and stands out in both sports,which ever way he goes so goes the team,your coaches cannot develope kids into players,Inmans always been good,didnt have to develope that one.This district is way down,you all shouldnt have a problem getting to the district finals,I dont know much about the region but some great players graduated last year.So you all are my pick in the district if your coaches dont screw it up!I really dont see you all at the state tourn,region 1 has some really good teams.

i think you might be crazy cause we have very good coaches, and yes inman is a good player but we defiantly have more players. you cant forget about the gallaher kid he is an elite guard and makes good passes and decisions and when he gets on fire he dont miss. and the howard kid was a freshman last year and did big things then so i know he will do work this year. and davis and dishman can stroke! yes everyone has games where they dont hit much thats part of it.. but i dont see how you can say they dont play to their potential but they was in the state tourney and they will work hard to get back. and you cant talk about our coaches or players obviously your coaches arent the best ever if your team isnt an elite team

kees101, I'm guessing you are from Greenback? You must really hate Harriman. Maybe we should really listen to your evaluations on basketball teams throughout the area? I mean you guys have had, what, one good team in the past 15 years or so? Your school really produces some bball talent, if you count the total LACK OF ANY! You realize you make absolutely no sense, under achieve and over achieve? There are some good teams up here in region 1 but also some good ones in region 2. However, your greenback team usually is never one of them. Harriman and other schools obviously produce more skilled players than your Washburn like school.

• 1 month later...

Seriously? Coaching? Have you been to a Harriman game? The three coaches on the Blue Devil bench work harder than any coaching staff in this area. They know the game so well other coaches are constantly picking their brains. And I know for a fact they are highly respected by several college coaches in TN and North Carolina. But if that isn't enough...ask the players. The blue devils do things on the court that nobody else around here does. Players will tell you every practice is different because the strategy is based on the scouting report and it's never the same thing twice. As far as developing players....the player will develop only as much as he is willing to work in the off season. Team development is the focus Nov. through Feb. Have you ever seen a Harriman team who wasn't a lot better at tournament time than they were at Christmas?? That would be coaching, my friend.

Seriously? Coaching? Have you been to a Harriman game? The three coaches on the Blue Devil bench work harder than any coaching staff in this area. They know the game so well other coaches are constantly picking their brains. And I know for a fact they are highly respected by several college coaches in TN and North Carolina. But if that isn't enough...ask the players. The blue devils do things on the court that nobody else around here does. Players will tell you every practice is different because the strategy is based on the scouting report and it's never the same thing twice. As far as developing players....the player will develop only as much as he is willing to work in the off season. Team development is the focus Nov. through Feb. Have you ever seen a Harriman team who wasn't a lot better at tournament time than they were at Christmas?? That would be coaching, my friend.

I agree, I think the coaching does a good job there, but the kids do not buy into the coaching , so every one blames the coaching, but when in fact its the kids not performing, the coaches can't play the game for them. I think coach king does a good job. I think that Coach Kamikawa does an outstanding job as well, coach lane at wartburg does a very good job too. MY region championship would prolly be Jellico vs wartburg, or wartburg and harriman. be interesting to see, I have seen hampton and cosby both play. THey have two excellent teams. who ever gets to state out of this region 1+2 will have earned every bit of it..

• 1 month later...

I agree, I think the coaching does a good job there, but the kids do not buy into the coaching , so every one blames the coaching, but when in fact its the kids not performing, the coaches can't play the game for them. I think coach king does a good job. I think that Coach Kamikawa does an outstanding job as well, coach lane at wartburg does a very good job too. MY region championship would prolly be Jellico vs wartburg, or wartburg and harriman. be interesting to see, I have seen hampton and cosby both play. THey have two excellent teams. who ever gets to state out of this region 1+2 will have earned every bit of it..

well said region 1 winner and region 2 winner to go to the state will be a excellent game to early for predictions 3 strong contenders for it ;however in Harriman,Wartburg, and Jellico should be a good matchup whichever two gets there

well said region 1 winner and region 2 winner to go to the state will be a excellent game to early for predictions 3 strong contenders for it ;however in Harriman,Wartburg, and Jellico should be a good matchup whichever two gets there

Harriman is playin really good right now and got the davis get back from a bad illness he has had for a few months and he hit about 5 3s last game and honestly in my opinion i think harriman could beat jellico up and down the court and they can wartburg to they dont proved it, it seems that wartburg only plays real good at home and to be an elite team and get somewhere they will have to win somewhere else like harriman and i dont see it happenin