Harriman Blue Devils

thugster06

I said I wasn't blaming the game on the refs but the second half they were not good and I didn't say Hampton wasn't good they were a good team they did play good together i was just sayin there are some real impressive teams down at the boro it's not impossible to make some noise down there but it will be real difficult but I hope you have a safe trip and God bless

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post made plenty of sense, I would like to see who could step up on their team and have the majority of scorin I didn't see anybody that could there big man is a big guy and if ge gets a rebound he might be able to score but if he gets the ball with his back to the basket it ain't happenin, yea 5 is a good player but he won't be able to win games for them in state he will defiantly need help and if he gets it then you never know, it will be tough for sure

Ward has done it several times as has Hill....Jones gets hot and he'll wear it out (although his job is to frustrate the D, which he did well :thumb: )

#5 Hughes scored 40 on ya....know why? Because we kept getting him the ball and we kept doing that 'cause he was "ON" that night.

Cloudland did a good job at stopping Hughes BUT they left Ward (#13) open too many times and he hit em with 30.

Jones (#4) has been off the last couple of games or he would have scored at least 15 on ya.

Hill was at battle with a monster on the blocks...dont know if you've ever had to battle like that with a MAN that size, but your scoring's not usually too high in such a game

You didnt see this TEAM trying to put numbers up because Hughes was UNSTOPPABLE and they kept feeding the beast :twisted:

I said I wasn't blaming the game on the refs but the second half they were not good and I didn't say Hampton wasn't good they were a good team they did play good together i was just sayin there are some real impressive teams down at the boro it's not impossible to make some noise down there but it will be real difficult but I hope you have a safe trip and God bless

And I (we) said that Harriman was talented team.....unreal the amount of talent they had! Coaching problem? Thats for you all to answer

Thanks for the well wishes :thumb:

Ward has done it several times as has Hill....Jones gets hot and he'll wear it out (although his job is to frustrate the D, which he did well :thumb: )

#5 Hughes scored 40 on ya....know why? Because we kept getting him the ball and we kept doing that 'cause he was "ON" that night.

Cloudland did a good job at stopping Hughes BUT they left Ward (#13) open too many times and he hit em with 30.

Jones (#4) has been off the last couple of games or he would have scored at least 15 on ya.

Hill was at battle with a monster on the blocks...dont know if you've ever had to battle like that with a MAN that size, but your scoring's not usually too high in such a game

You didnt see this TEAM trying to put numbers up because Hughes was UNSTOPPABLE and they kept feeding the beast :twisted:

Yea, It's kinda a "pick your poison" deal going against you all.

My post made plenty of sense, I would like to see who could step up on their team and have the majority of scorin I didn't see anybody that could there big man is a big guy and if ge gets a rebound he might be able to score but if he gets the ball with his back to the basket it ain't happenin, yea 5 is a good player but he won't be able to win games for them in state he will defiantly need help and if he gets it then you never know, it will be tough for sure

Much better Thugster, I don't think anyone from Hampton thinks they are gonna waltz through this thing,sure it will be tough in any game they play, the same can be said for all the teams down there. My guess is Ward is the 2ond leading scorer and I'm sure he has had over 20 in several games this season.Won the MVP in the tournament to get to you fellers. Any good team has to have role players and if you get 8 or 10 out of these guys,you'll be just fine. The biggest things in basketball are playing solid defence,taking care of the ball,blocking out and rebounding. Like Isaid ,Iwas impressed with the Harriman team ,they just lost their composure and thats where alot of the fouls came from in the 2ond half. When they felt like they were going home ,they resorted to cheap stuff. Hampton shoots the heck out of the ball at the charity stripe.

He didn't look for his shot much but 12 assists and 10 steals is a pretty good night. That is at least 24 points for us and 20 less for them. Not bad to have been coming off that type of injury!

You trying to tell me that assists and steals mean something in this game? Hold on a minute.................................................................................................................................................................. Nope, not much on any of these threads nor in the papers about assists, steals, ect., so you must be mistaken! :roflolk:

You trying to tell me that assists and steals mean something in this game? Hold on a minute.................................................................................................................................................................. Nope, not much on any of these threads nor in the papers about assists, steals, ect., so you must be mistaken! :roflolk:

It's Like I ask my boy, Would you rather have 15 points or 15 assists? Kind of a no brainer.

I'll say I think Hampton can win he state. There's no reason why they can't. How many teams do you see that are quicker than Harriman? You don't see many, but Hampton was quicker Monday night. They beat Harriman to loose balls and worked hard on the boards.

Now I doubt Hughes will score 40 every game at the state, nobody does, but Hampton has some other pretty good athletes. I do think the big guy can't afford to get in foul trouble like he did Monday. Harriman's a team that Hampton matches up with because Harriman isn't a big, physical team. I imagine somebody at the state will look inside more so the big guy needs to play 25+ minutes.

A big key for Hampton will be the first quarter. Harriman and OS both had early nerves last year and fell behind early then lost close games. I hope Hampton draws a team that hasn't been there before so both teams can have state tourney jitters at the start.

Being a Tar Heel fan as you are,you may be able to see the difference in them since starting Marshall. Not a huge scorer ,but he knows how to make everyone around him better.Another thing is ,their leading scorer averages 14 points per game. Its called balance. A good balanced team is hard to handle.

Being a Tar Heel fan as you are,you may be able to see the difference in them since starting Marshall. Not a huge scorer ,but he knows how to make everyone around him better.Another thing is ,their leading scorer averages 14 points per game. Its called balance. A good balanced team is hard to handle.

Dang straight! Im glad Drew decided to leave UNC....Been a different ball club ever since. Anytime you have a "ME" player on a team, you dont have much of a team at all.

Marshall is UNREAL! I have me a lil 'lefty' coming up...cant wait to watch him in a few years! :twisted: