Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading some of the posts since I last posted. First, if county kids are coming to MHS and AHS how does one blame the school system? They have the right to accept anyone they want I suppose. But I think the issue goes back to my initial question. Why doesnt the county schools Central Office find those special coaches who can build a program, who can generate excitement in the kids and parents? People can point fingers all day long and say this and that. But the county schools sports programs come down to the Central Office and to what lengths they go to find those special coaches. Again, just wondering if I'm off target?

There is a solution ---- consolidate all the school systems in Blount County to one. A La Knox County. It is very difficult to get a transfer from one high school zone to another within the Knox County System. There are several good athletes in Knox County that are spread among at least 13 public high schools and 4 private high schools. Helps make it a very tough chore to have a state champion from Knox County.

There is a solution ---- consolidate all the school systems in Blount County to one. A La Knox County. It is very difficult to get a transfer from one high school zone to another within the Knox County System.

Eye like hit jist like we haiv hit...Eye don't thank Knotts Countee nose evur thang...Tha reesun thay haiv so minny private skools iz becaws of tha one skool sistem....And thay still got countee and city taxes and polelease fer both citee and countee..... :popcorneater:

There is a solution ---- consolidate all the school systems in Blount County to one. A La Knox County. It is very difficult to get a transfer from one high school zone to another within the Knox County System. There are several good athletes in Knox County that are spread among at least 13 public high schools and 4 private high schools. Helps make it a very tough chore to have a state champion from Knox County.

If this were to happen you knoxvillians would still not stand a chance.

HUM, seems Fulton has found a way.

• 3 months later...

I am honored that you guys are talking about something that I and my team achieved together. During the Raiders Rebs game of 2009, It came down to triple overtime. We had just scored off an off tackle run. I blocked down on the defensive tackle and our second string half-back ran it in beside me. We just needed to hold them off for one more defensive series. We started on defense, so we had already held them off at least twice before. I was the defensive end (#90). I was tired, but not about to give up. The left defensive tackle jumped off-sides. It was now first and 5. They ran a dive and it is now 2 and 1. I watched the Maryville backfield hungrily. I knew this play would decide the rest of the game. The play started, but it seemed to go in slow motion. The hand-off was bad and the ball hit off the half-back's elbow. I exploded off my feet and landed on the ball. I held it as if my life depended on it. The whistle blew and I stood up to see the whole Fairview sideline go crazy. I did not know that I had just one the game. I went to Coach Evans and asked what just happened, and he told me I won it. It was all over. Raiders have won. The coach gave all the credit to our half-back who got injured in the 2nd quarter, but I knew what I had achieved.