Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When all of the teams play with kids that should be going there then they should all play each other. If Maryville and Alcoa want to continue to go after all of the tallent then go play with Webb and the other private schools.

Why don't we just impose a ban on all kids from going to either school and then in about 100 years the rest of you can win a game or two. What dope you are.

How do the Alcoa boys and girls teams look APB? Im not a major fan of basketball but Id love to see either team return to the state tournament. Any chance of that happening anytime soon?

I honestly don't know. I am just being my typical troll self...ha.

In all seriousness we will know what they have next week when they play Bearden.

How do the Alcoa boys and girls teams look APB? Im not a major fan of basketball but Id love to see either team return to the state tournament. Any chance of that happening anytime soon?

The girls are solid. Lots of talent ... some good leadership and great young players. They have a freshmen that is one of the best in the East Tennessee area I believe. And they are well coached. Beating WB's girls was big ... this is probably the best Lady Governor team since the days of Angela Puleo. As far as state ... not sure what the comp looks like down the road, but they should be a strong threat to win their district for sure I'd think.

The boys are better than they've been in a while. Once the football additions get their basketball legs, they will be tough. Good, strong post players; extremely athletic and quick guards; a couple of real good outside shooters. They will finish strong in district ... CAK and Stone Memorial are pretty good too I think. Outside their district Gatlinburg-Pittman and Fulton will be challenging for them I think. Not sure what AE has this year. I don't think state is out of the question, but it would be a major task for them to get there I believe.

When all of the teams play with kids that should be going there then they should all play each other. If Maryville and Alcoa want to continue to go after all of the tallent then go play with Webb and the other private schools.

I reckon they will have to seeing as how you guys cannot do it. Get over your pity party and build your programs.

I have a question. The schools themselves dont have a lot, def not the final, say in who gets hired to be a coach, right? So why dont parents and supporters ask some hard questions to those folks up at Central Office? Govman and others have worked their rears off to support the county schools programs, but the Central Office hires the folks that ultimately take the reins as coaches. And I do realize budget, salaries, stipends, etc. in the county system are lower, at least I'm guessing, but I think the leadership is the ones ultimately responsible for drawing really good coaches. Am I off target here?

Edited by robbie22