What's going on at Powell

phs1998

East Tennessee all the way and especially the North knox contingent. Powell & Gibbs.

WBIR has a story at its website about Mobley:

Powell junior running back and linebacker Dy'Shawn Mobley has been suspended indefinitely from the Panther football team for an undisclosed incident, according to a source close to the team.

The source confirmed that the incident was non-violent and Mobley had not been arrested, but his locker has been cleaned out and he faces disclipinary action from the school.

The alleged incident occured late last week in the school's gym locker room.

It is unclear at this time if Mobley will be allowed to return to the team for his senior season or rejoin the team should the Panthers make a run in the playoffs, but the latter is unlikely.

Mobley is the leading rusher for the Panthers with 1,034 yards on 110 carries and 13 touchdowns and has 36 tackles and 2 sacks from his linebacking position.

Last week, Mobley was invited to the 2011 U.S. Army National Combine for Juniors held January 6-8 in San Antonio.

He led the Panthers to the top-ranking in 5A for three weeks and the school's first undefeated season since 1990.

In his absence, sophomore Montario Washington (33 carries, 268 yards) will get the start for Friday's first-round game against Morristown East (5-5) in the Class 5A playoffs.

Wow that is so sad! I assume these were teammates that blocked for him maybe even best friends. If this is truly what happened, I hope this young man will learn his mistake now so that his future will be much brighter.

If and only if this was teammates he did this to, what makes you think they want him back on the team? Think about that.

A few years ago didnt Austin East players get caught shoplifting? They were kicked off the team for the rest of the season. I think one was a underclassman but returned the following season. That wasnt even at school that was at the mall off of school grounds. So im sure he will be back next season. He might be back this season you know Powell needs him he is great.....

A few years ago didnt Austin East players get caught shoplifting? They were kicked off the team for the rest of the season. I think one was a underclassman but returned the following season. That wasnt even at school that was at the mall off of school grounds. So im sure he will be back next season. He might be back this season you know Powell needs him he is great.....

Sure, Powell needs him and he is an important puzzle piece, but this team is still very talented without him. It's not like their running back cupboard is bare without him, especially now that Darian Logan is healthy again.

Suspend him 1 game or whatever I wouldn't get rid of him for the season. Look at what the kid sees on tv week after week with the Vol players that are about 8 miles down the road. Setting a good example

My nephew is on the team and he said that about a month ago a senior was booted for taking a pair of cleats from the locker of a kid who had quit. There's never an excuse for taking things that aren't yours, but if you can get put off the team for taking cleats then it would seem to be a stretch that you can keep playing for taking ipods and money. That's just my take.

Ok, Ive read enough bashing/rumors and it is getting ridiculous. I pay well to be informed of many things associated with High School Football and there are so many inaccuracies in the above posts that its pathetic. Even the post about the Senior stealing cleats is not entirely accurate, close but not the whole story. All of the posters who are saying he stole ipods and money need to check their sources. I will not let the true details out now until due process has taking place but when the truth is revealed about what actually DID happen, there will be alot of people that have made comments about this young man that will want to apologize to him. With that said, let the system do its job and quit with the he said she said stuff because they are so far from the truth and like some have said he is a minor as well.

PS. A similar thing happened at Halls a few weeks ago and I bet no one know about that... go figure.

Ok, Ive read enough bashing/rumors and it is getting ridiculous. I pay well to be informed of many things associated with High School Football and there are so many inaccuracies in the above posts that its pathetic. Even the post about the Senior stealing cleats is not entirely accurate, close but not the whole story. All of the posters who are saying he stole ipods and money need to check their sources. I will not let the true details out now until due process has taking place but when the truth is revealed about what actually DID happen, there will be alot of people that have made comments about this young man that will want to apologize to him. With that said, let the system do its job and quit with the he said she said stuff because they are so far from the truth and like some have said he is a minor as well.

PS. A similar thing happened at Halls a few weeks ago and I bet no one know about that... go figure.

The above post is total bull, you don't know any more than anyone else or you would tell...and no one cares about Halls...they are not in the playoffs.

The above post is total bull, you don't know any more than anyone else or you would tell...and no one cares about Halls...they are not in the playoffs.

I wouldn't say thats completely true but I know the context your trying to get across.

The system generally works give it time.