Austin East vs Elizabethton

EHSTrack06

48 members have voted

1. 1. East or EHS?

• AE
    • EHS

LOL, I don't think we had quite the face off with CAK as we did with Austin East. And it is a different year, with a different team. I think I said that we did the chant at most games, just not to the extent that it was taken to at the AE game. Note: there was no chant at your field this year. :)

No there wasn't, BUT there was a BIG Cyclone helmet. Don't you think this was more than just a little bit rude to bring YOUR helmet to an away game?????

I will answer your question with a question. How long would Betsy fan have patted their back if Betsy had pulled the upset of the century? Please don't get me wrong. The win was a good win. However, with all the Betsy talk leading up to the game, I did expect more of a challenge........ :thumb:

Perhaps it was the ARMY of a team that you brought in that intimated our players. Perhaps it was the fact that we hadn't been to that level in the playoffs in a long time that caused our miscues, after all we can't all be ole' pros like Alcoa. There is no doubt that Alcoa is a good team, and there is no doubt that Alcoa beat Elizabethton fair and square - Now, will you go find a Alcoa thread to play in? lol.

No there wasn't, BUT there was a BIG Cyclone helmet. Don't you think this was more than just a little bit rude to bring YOUR helmet to an away game?????

No, it's just part of our tradition, since a fan bought it for the boys last year. If your school had asked us not to bring it, it would have been left at home. I have to say though, after being at your field I certainly have a new view of Christian schools. :)

No, it's just part of our tradition, since a fan bought it for the boys last year. If your school had asked us not to bring it, it would have been left at home. I have to say though, after being at your field I certainly have a new view of Christian schools. :)

BUT, if we did NOT know that this was a tradition how could we ask? IMO both Athletic Directors and Head Coaches should have discussed this and agreed to it before Friday night.....Maybe they did, I don't know.

BUT, if we did NOT know that this was a tradition how could we ask? IMO both Athletic Directors and Head Coaches should have discussed this and agreed to it before Friday night.....Maybe they did, I don't know.

I know the helmet has never been loaded onto the bus before our athletic director has made sure that it was okay with the other schools athletic dept, and there have been instances when the helmet did not make the trip with the boys. I do know that the CAK game was the first Cyclone game that I have been to that not even the pep band was allowed to come with us- which was totally understandable since it was CAK's homecoming.

To answer your other question. The 'SWAGGER' graduated last spring. We lost a large number of seniors 20 plus, so that made a huge difference in the attitude of the team, just as losing the 17 seniors will make at the end of this year. Different leaders, different attitude.

I can't say that I agree completely with Shawn Witten's comments, but I do understand his frustration. Our team did not perform to the best of their ability at CAK- and I do think they could have made it a closer game had they played as they are capable of playing. Did he really make that comment about beating you "everywhere but on the scoreboard" this year?

And in answer to your last question, Elizabethton was undefeated in their conference play this year for a second year- yet we were a #6, due to the fact our other games were playing tougher schools, and higher division schools. Next year, Elizabethton will be playing schools closer to home, and some lower divisions. Not sure it will help them in preparing for playoffs, but they should have a higher seed next year.

I know the helmet has never been loaded onto the bus before our athletic director has made sure that it was okay with the other schools athletic dept, and there have been instances when the helmet did not make the trip with the boys. I do know that the CAK game was the first Cyclone game that I have been to that not even the pep band was allowed to come with us- which was totally understandable since it was CAK's homecoming.

To answer your other question. The 'SWAGGER' graduated last spring. We lost a large number of seniors 20 plus, so that made a huge difference in the attitude of the team, just as losing the 17 seniors will make at the end of this year. Different leaders, different attitude.

I can't say that I agree completely with Shawn Witten's comments, but I do understand his frustration. Our team did not perform to the best of their ability at CAK- and I do think they could have made it a closer game had they played as they are capable of playing. Did he really make that comment about beating you "everywhere but on the scoreboard" this year?

And in answer to your last question, Elizabethton was undefeated in their conference play this year for a second year- yet we were a #6, due to the fact our other games were playing tougher schools, and higher division schools. Next year, Elizabethton will be playing schools closer to home, and some lower divisions. Not sure it will help them in preparing for playoffs, but they should have a higher seed next year.

NO, the comments were from the game last year.

• Upvote 1

I think CAK was feeling a little deflated that night. Their helmet had a major malfunction right before the team was to run out. I had no idea we were in violation of helmet etiquette.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48215454@N00/

Edited by CyclonePrider