Perry Co vs Bruceton?

theGURU

I've read this thread and listen to all BS I can stand on how the almighty PC is going to take the Tigers to the woodshed this week. The Tigers may get 100 put on them but they will claw and fight to the final whistle. This group of young men have gone from a 0-20 record the last two years and finally get some momentum to go 5-5 and make the playoffs. No one gave them any credit but they went and won against the defending state champions last week. They might not win then again they just might fool some folks. One thing for sure, they are winners in this neck of the woods just for making the accomplishments of a winning season.

You want to pick on their schedule, well I'm pretty sure the Rebels have a couple open dates next year. Give Comer a call and jump on in. If you want to play with the big dogs, then come on in the pen :thumb: .

Good Post McDad!

I am sure PC has a good football team and will probably win, you don't go 9-1 and not have a good team, but I thought the same thing last week at UC. We did lose to 5 tough opponents, 3 of them 2A district teams that are still in the playoffs, one of them a 1A team that has been a 2A powerhouse for years, and Camden a good 3A team that very well make it to the semifinals again this year. That is all I was saying in my post. You have to look at Quality wins, but Quality losses as well. I guess that boils down to strength of schedule.

Bruceton is not what they once were, but they are on the right track.

Good Post McDad!

I am sure PC has a good football team and will probably win, you don't go 9-1 and not have a good team, but I thought the same thing last week at UC. We did lose to 5 tough opponents, 3 of them 2A district teams that are still in the playoffs, one of them a 1A team that has been a 2A powerhouse for years, and Camden a good 3A team that very well make it to the semifinals again this year. That is all I was saying in my post. You have to look at Quality wins, but Quality losses as well. I guess that boils down to strength of schedule.

Bruceton is not what they once were, but they are on the right track.

Monster man your wasting your time according to perry co. folks the state championship is a done deal with Linden winning it all. All kidding aside I am from Bruceton and would like to see them win, but Im also a realist I know that perry should win this game by probaly 3 touchdowns. Its good to see small town programs doing good, but here is the hard part can you keep the program near the top for years to come. I hope so and am looking forward to this maybe becoming a rivalry between 2 small programs that are at the top of their class.

Monster man your wasting your time according to perry co. folks the state championship is a done deal with Linden winning it all. All kidding aside I am from Bruceton and would like to see them win, but Im also a realist I know that perry should win this game by probaly 3 touchdowns. Its good to see small town programs doing good, but here is the hard part can you keep the program near the top for years to come. I hope so and am looking forward to this maybe becoming a rivalry between 2 small programs that are at the top of their class.

Thats what makes Friday nights so wonderful. We think we know what should happen but sometimes things don't go that way, unless you are Alcoa.

Thats what makes Friday nights so wonderful. We think we know what should happen but sometimes things don't go that way, unless you are Alcoa.

Yea notice I said should win, you never know a fumble here an interception there maybe a bad call from the refs, next thing you know perry fans all looking at each other wondering what the heck just happened.

You have to love this small town football! I love how when a small town has a good year in football the whole town jumps right in behind it and supports it to the best of their ability. I can tell that is what is happening in both Pc and Bruceton and it is wonderful. The emotion and passion for these these two teams is going to be hanging thick in the air come Friday night in Pc. What a great time of year.

You have to love this small town football! I love how when a small town has a good year in football the whole town jumps right in behind it and supports it to the best of their ability. I can tell that is what is happening in both Pc and Bruceton and it is wonderful. The emotion and passion for these these two teams is going to be hanging thick in the air come Friday night in Pc. What a great time of year.

IMO, thats what makes 1A football the best that it gets!

See now the last few post are more like it. Respect between two programs that both deserve to play the next round. I too am a realist and expect PC to win this game, but I just couldn't stand the way it was going. The Tigers have had a rough few years but are bounching back with alot of effort from some good kids and a coaching staff that has put in an effort to turn things around. Give respect and you shall receive it in return.

So I guess playing McKenzie(9-1 semifinals in 2A last year), Camden(10-0) in 3A along with Huntingdon,TCA(in 2nd round of 2A playoffs with Alabama commit Jabriel Washington)and Dresden(who beat Riverside by the way) was a cupcake schedule compared to PC?? Come'on Man!! I believe PC gets the win but let's not talk like the Vikings are the Steelers or somebody. Seems like that move back across the river that the Viking fans cried for all those years has worked out pretty well for ya. :roflol: How many playoff wins did they have or even appearances when they were in the region with the Jackson schools and Fayette Acad. on the west side of the state?? Again I see PC getting the W and it may get out of hand but who knows it is the playoffs! Bruceton good luck and glad to see you guys back in the playoffs you guys have a tradition PC hopes to achieve one day.

dude yall got killed by those guys it dont matter and the only reason yall played them was because they wanted a easy win

dude yall got killed by those guys it dont matter and the only reason yall played them was because they wanted a easy win

There is a concept initiated by the T$$AA called a Region. Inside such Regions they have teams that are placed there based on locations. The Region in question by your statement that they played those teams for them to get a easy win is well ignorrant to say the least. Inside the Region the Tigers play in has McKenzie, Huntingdon, Dresden, Gleason, West Carroll and Bruceton. Now, with in the Region, YOU have to play those teams that was set up by T$$AA, no exception. Your justification has no bearing on the PC-Tigers game. PC should win this game comfortable but it is High School football and one tiny mistake could cost you to be playing on the hardwoods next week.