Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Football Dad do you guys run like a throw it deep every play or a more traditional west coast type spread using more underneath crossing patterns, dump passes, and screens?

Polk fans we need to remember that we haven't been out of the 2nd round since 1979 and that ended at Goddard Field, in wonderful, majestic, and glorious Alcoa. We have nothing to be cocky about. I hope this is an injury free game with great sportsmanship.

Go Polk

Good question. Traditionally you would equate West Coast to mean more of the short, underneath stuff, and CAK employees all of the traditional stuff, including the hitch, the screen, the quick out, etc... But IMHO what is making this years edition of CAK's SpreadCoast offense more dangerous is the deep ball. The QB has improved in that area and ALL of the receivers have good to very good speed. So, the deep ball has been open more this year, in part, because our receivers have been able to run by many (not all) of the DB's they have faced. The X-Factor for the offense has been the QB's willingness to run. He is most definitely a PASS FIRST QB by coach's design, but he is one of the fastest kids on our team and he has good size at 6-2, 210.(his momma's been feeding him well since the pubished pre-season stats)

So, who is the big threat for Polk, or is the ball evenly distributed? Tell us about your QB, heard he is good. Are you still with the 4-4 defense or are you mulitple. What about your kicking game?

Edited by FootballDad

Well we are led by #12 Jared Allen. He is an excellent running QB and an above average passer when given time. Obviously, we don't throw the ball much and prefer to chew up the clock. Also other players on offense to look for are #22 Tyler Lee who is very fast and smart with the football and #39 Derrick Saxe who is a good power back, very hard to take him down. Our line is also very solid and are very good at opening up holes for our backs to run through.

Defensivly our base set is still the 4-4 but we will show multiple looks when the situation calls for it. I'm doubtful that we see much of the 4-4 this week. The player on defense to look for is #38 Michael Hargrove. He usually is at MLB but did lineup at nose man on some plays against Tyner. He is very quick to the ball and will hit you very hard on every play.

The kicking game is the issue. We punt well when we have to and have great punt and kick-off coverage. The problem is extra-points. We are just not very consistent.

I look forward to seeing this game and possibly meeting some of you as well. In my opinion this will be a great game and going to Knoxville sure beats going to Nashville.

Edited by polkalumni

THIS SHOULD BE A GREAT MATCHUP.. WHATS UR THOUGHTS?

Well its been awhile since I posted so here goes everyone knows that I love meigs football yes were not good but we try question is after reading this thread there are some real dumb remarks Polk county has had a great year but fans look who they played south Pitt. You will say there 1a you should beat them you play in the weakest district in east TN I know been watching it for years even when Mcminn central was good they never got out of the first round no disrespect just fact all I heard last year after you all stomped us was how well you matched with Alcoa come on they are the cream of the crop and let me also say if cak was not paired with Alcoa in the district these would be the teams playing for the championship. Polk is a good team with good players but guys your not playing meigs or sweetwater this week. Good luck to you all pulling for a district team but fans You all need to show cak the respect they deserve

Since this is a Cak vs Polk thread,and I am a Alcoa fan I did not think I should post here,but since afew posters bring up the fact that alcoa would rather play cak than polk I had to jump in and say that I believe most Alcoa fans would rather play polk not because Alcoa is scared of CAK.Why would we be?We match up better with polk cause we are built to stop the run.I also like for everyone to get a taste of what they have been missing.I do not know any of the cak people so I cant say I hope they win cause I really dont care.This goes for the state championship too.I dont want to play either goodpasture or milan.I want to play a different team.They have had their chance.Its alot more enjoyable to see what other teams have to offer,so to all the polk people do your best to win this game.I personally don't think you have a snowball's chance!

I would rather play CAK simply for the fact that I want to beat the best teams on the way to state. IMO CAK is the second best team in the state in 3a. If it was for Alcoa CAK would probably be getting ready to set up a 3rd Gold Ball in their trophy case.

Well we are led by #12 Jared Allen. He is an excellent running QB and an above average passer when given time. Obviously, we don't throw the ball much and prefer to chew up the clock. Also other players on offense to look for are #22 Tyler Lee who is very fast and smart with the football and #39 Derrick Saxe who is a good power back, very hard to take him down. Our line is also very solid and are very good at opening up holes for our backs to run through.

Defensivly our base set is still the 4-4 but we will show multiple looks when the situation calls for it. I'm doubtful that we see much of the 4-4 this week. The player on defense to look for is #38 Michael Hargrove. He usually is at MLB but did lineup at nose man on some plays against Tyner. He is very quick to the ball and will hit you very hard on every play.

The kicking game is the issue. We punt well when we have to and have great punt and kick-off coverage. The problem is extra-points. We are just not very consistent.

I look forward to seeing this game and possibly meeting some of you as well. In my opinion this will be a great game and going to Knoxville sure beats going to Nashville.

I can't wait to see this match-up!!!

I would rather play CAK simply for the fact that I want to beat the best teams on the way to state. IMO CAK is the second best team in the state in 3a. If it was for Alcoa CAK would probably be getting ready to set up a 3rd Gold Ball in their trophy case.

I agree that we want to play the best teams on the way to the finals,but we already beat CAK by 17 points,what do we have to prove? and if polk were able to beat them then they would be next in line.Now lets just say CAK beat us the last couple of years to face Milan.I am not so sure they would have beaten Milan.Would their O be good enough to beat their D.I thought Milan had a pretty good D.Would CAK be able to handle milan when they had the ball.I think Alcoa has always had a good combination of both,and the game is always about match upsI will give you the goodpasture and their middle school offence.This is JMO.I respect yours also.......GO TORNDOES

(waiting for APB to show up with his 'shopped pics... might have to look in on that - he ain't the only one with Photoshop lol...)

:roflol:

Polk is not yet worthy of my time for Photoshopping.

I don't care if Al Bundy himself comes back and suits up for Polk...There is NO way they beat the Warriors.

Now run tell that.

Al and his 1979 District Championship trophy.

Did I mention Alcoa won state that year?

tumblr_kr2j2galNL1qz9bc4.jpg

I agree that we want to play the best teams on the way to the finals,but we already beat CAK by 17 points,what do we have to prove? and if polk were able to beat them then they would be next in line.Now lets just say CAK beat us the last couple of years to face Milan.I am not so sure they would have beaten Milan.Would their O be good enough to beat their D.I thought Milan had a pretty good D.Would CAK be able to handle milan when they had the ball.I think Alcoa has always had a good combination of both,and the game is always about match upsI will give you the goodpasture and their middle school offence.This is JMO.I respect yours also.......GO TORNDOES

Mr.Twister, I'm with ya. If I were an Alcoa fan I would want to play someone different as well, seriously. I would want to face someone other than Milan in the finals as well. Thats how we feel about this matchup with Polk, certainly no disrespect to them because they are a well established program and will be tough to beat, but we see Alcoa, Loudon and now it seems Kingston all the time and twice each year many times. (Although those games have made us better)

Sure,no prob. (mebbe yer son can help ya with this,sigh )

Ahem !

Kinda weird you would want to do that again so soon , let alone LATER. Just occured to me reading this blather - again - , Alcoa STILL ain't beat POLK ! I doubt TEAM Alcoa is as wondering of Polk as FANS Alcoa is . :roll: That better ? I even checked it with - spail chak .

Still doesn't make much sense, but I will take your word for content. I doubt my son could make heads or tails out of " I doubt team Alcoa is as wondering of Polk as FANS Alcoa is". I really don't wonder much about Polk at all, we won't be seeing them because they won't make it past CAK. :thumb:

Mr.Twister, I'm with ya. If I were an Alcoa fan I would want to play someone different as well, seriously. I would want to face someone other than Milan in the finals as well. Thats how we feel about this matchup with Polk, certainly no disrespect to them because they are a well established program and will be tough to beat, but we see Alcoa, Loudon and now it seems Kingston all the time and twice each year many times. (Although those games have made us better)

I agree 100% and I really meant no disrespect to CAK.Without actually playing the game it is all assumption.On paper you can always win a game.

Love reading the posts when we're playing a team we've never faced before. Trying to get a feel for the game and the passion of the fans. This really adds to the enjoyment of high school football for me.

By all accounts Polk plays an old school, rough and tumble style of football. Many many games have been won with that style. CAK plays a new school, no huddle, spread the field and fill the air with footballs style of football. Many many games are now being won with this style as well. Both styles are still relivant in high school football today, which style is most effective usually depends on the type of players you have and the background of the coaches. Most of CAK's coaches have SEC college football backgrounds and are comfortable with the style CAK employees and they have the athletes to run it. However; don't be fooled into believing the Warriors are all finess with no toughness. Thats where our district and playing against Alcoa, Loudon, Kingston and out of conference against Elizabethton and jamborees against Powell & West has strengthened our program. I don't pretend that our CAK boys are huge, street hardened or farm toughened kids (which I played with or have coached). But they are as dedicated and hard working as any group I've been associated with, they understand the game and they are HONESTLY afraid of no one. Maybe that naive, but true. I'm sure the Wildcats will get some good hits on our boys, but I'm just as confident that you will see those boys jump up and lineup and want some more. Polk may be as physcial as Alcoa, I can't say because I've never attended a Polk game. But IF they are, I'll be the first to get on here and say that...BUT, until then, I stick by my belief that CAK has been battle toughened over the past 5 years by the Tornadoes and we're ready to see what Polk's got. Should be a great game!

Dad,I am wit ya. What will be will be. I , as little as I know,would not doubt CAK's game. Just know the same things about our boys. Hammer down,stats be danged.