Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

20smilies/2sgn082goodpost.gif [/img]

This matchup worries me. FootballDad posted yesterday about CAK's ability to play from behind. They have the experience and the offense to score quickly if they are down late in the game. Polk on the other hand hasn't had to play catchup this season and our offense really isn't suited to having to score quickly when the clock is running down. I believe both groups of young men will play their hearts out Friday night. This game in my opinion will come down to whether or not Polk can go punch for puch with CAK's offense. CAK will score alot of points, that is just the nature of the style of offense they play.

In an unrelated issue I was on CAK's school website and was very impressed with the school's requirments for enrollment and the school's mission. My hat's off to you fine people in Knoxville and I hope to get the chance to meet some of you Friday.

Go Polk!!!!!

2sgn082goodpost.gif I'll be there early and I'll try to visit with as many Polk fans as possible, hope you're one of them. Fore warning: we do have one of those fluffy inflatible thingies that our team runs through with smoke and all the trimmings. But in no way is it intended to be an "in your face" sort of thing. We DO NOT take it on the road, just for our enjoyment at our home games. The team started a tradition this year of walking out of the locker room to the big wooden cross and touching a large stone with an engraving of a scripture, then they huddle inside the Warrior Head, do a really cool chant amongst themselves, and then blow out onto the field. Also, if you hear an Air Raid siren just before kickoff don't be worried that Oak Ridge is melting down or scud missles are on the way, just the PA announcer having a little fun.

I personally would not take the inflatable run through as "In your Face" and I don't believe the other Polk fans will either. Every school needs their own personal touch on their pregame. I also hope that the new tradition the Warriors have started will continue for years to come. It really sounds awesome and is a true testament to the type of young men and women that attend that school and of their parents.

I personally would not take the inflatable run through as "In your Face" and I don't believe the other Polk fans will either. Every school needs their own personal touch on their pregame. I also hope that the new tradition the Warriors have started will continue for years to come. It really sounds awesome and is a true testament to the type of young men and women that attend that school and of their parents.

Ok, for what it is worth, I have read through all the post and all the jawing and here is my take. Polk will score but not consistantly. I see it kinda like last years Loudon matchup. I know Polk is determined but CAK is so discipline in their offense. Polk will have their moments defensively, then CAK will hit them for about 10 to 15 yards and disappoint effort. I do not see Polk secondary hanging with receivers all night and I have seen both play this year. To get in on the Alcoa crap - you just don't understand until you get tangled in it.

I see the final CAK in the 40's and Polk in the 20's maybe. I am not going to lie I hope to see Polk somehow pull this one off because I too would like to see a Polk vs. Alcoa matchup.

20smilies/2sgn082goodpost.gif [/img]

2sgn082goodpost.gif I'll be there early and I'll try to visit with as many Polk fans as possible, hope you're one of them. Fore warning: we do have one of those fluffy inflatible thingies that our team runs through with smoke and all the trimmings. But in no way is it intended to be an "in your face" sort of thing. We DO NOT take it on the road, just for our enjoyment at our home games. The team started a tradition this year of walking out of the locker room to the big wooden cross and touching a large stone with an engraving of a scripture, then they huddle inside the Warrior Head, do a really cool chant amongst themselves, and then blow out onto the field. Also, if you hear an Air Raid siren just before kickoff don't be worried that Oak Ridge is melting down or scud missles are on the way, just the PA announcer having a little fun.

Hey dad, how long has the Warriors had that neat inflatable helmet thingy?

Don't know much about Polk County. I watched CAK play Alcoa on TV. It was a delayed broadcast. Quinn Epperly is by far the best quarterback I saw all year. I watched Webb's Parker Wormsley,Austin Tallent of Alcoa,Patton Robinette of Maryville,Christian Francis of West and Tanner Williams of Anderson County. Iknew Epperly could throw but what I didn't know is he can run. Good luck to both teams.

The Epperly kid was injured and sat out the Loudon game, so I haven't seen him play this year. However, if he is starting in front of the sophomore that played against Loudon, he must be good.

Hey dad, how long has the Warriors had that neat inflatable helmet thingy?

This was the first year for us to have it. We had "Tornado Helmet Inflatable Thingy Envy" after seeing Alcoa's and then we went up to Betsy and she had one too, then we heard that Grace had gotten one. So, not to be outdone, we got one too, but had it designed to match our Warrior Helmet logo instead of a football helmet, so its just a bit different. Of course the school wouldn't pay for such things with budget cuts and all, so some generous dads took up a collection and got it done. Have you seen it?

Ok, for what it is worth, I have read through all the post and all the jawing and here is my take. Polk will score but not consistantly. I see it kinda like last years Loudon matchup. I know Polk is determined but CAK is so discipline in their offense. Polk will have their moments defensively, then CAK will hit them for about 10 to 15 yards and disappoint effort. I do not see Polk secondary hanging with receivers all night and I have seen both play this year. To get in on the Alcoa crap - you just don't understand until you get tangled in it.

I see the final CAK in the 40's and Polk in the 20's maybe. I am not going to lie I hope to see Polk somehow pull this one off because I too would like to see a Polk vs. Alcoa matchup.

iagree.gif Except for the part about wanting to see Polk win. Not sure about how the score will finish, but I think CAK will have more points than Polk, and thats all that matters.

This was the first year for us to have it. We had "Tornado Helmet Inflatable Thingy Envy" after seeing Alcoa's and then we went up to Betsy and she had one too, then we heard that Grace had gotten one. So, not to be outdone, we got one too, but had it designed to match our Warrior Helmet logo instead of a football helmet, so its just a bit different. Of course the school wouldn't pay for such things with budget cuts and all, so some generous dads took up a collection and got it done. Have you seen it?

Yep, looks great :thumb: Hmmm to be honest I'm not sure running out of a inflatable Tornado thingy would look quite as nice :unsure: but you have to admit that the National Weather Service Tornado Warning and "Too Hype" is pretty sweet :rolleyes:

Picking up on one of the Polk fans' stats, here's how it breaks down.

QB Allen #12(6-1 215) 11 YPC

Wingback Lee #22(5-8 175) 14 YPC

Powerback Saxe #39(6-0 205)8.2 YPC

RB Mull #33(5-8 160)7.6 YPC

Impressive stats! The Warriors will have to be on their game to slow down the Polk running attack. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. At times, particularly earlier in the year, the run defense was not as good as expected. But I have seen some marked improvement in a number of recent games. There are a lot of opinions out there about how these two teams with contrasting styles match up. In just about 52 hours we will know!

AirRaid_BigCityGames_Poster_F.jpg