Huntingdon at Lake Co.

shockernation

south fulton was really very weak last night. i know they had a lot of injuries ,but they scored on the last play against our third string.so fulton beat lc in regular season. how are they different now.bruceton beat union city ,what does that say about 13a vs. 14a?

hoofbeat, I saw LC play UC and trust me LC is capable of playing with you now. I'm not commenting one way or the other on this game because I have friends on both sides of the ball in this one. DON'T come into this game expecting another SF. Because you won't find another SF. Eat at "The Pit" (strictly BBQ--but good) in Samburg or at Boyette's (both on your Left going thru Samburg to Tiptonville). If Boyette's get there early (like at 5 PM) or you'll miss the first quarter. Boyette's is a legend on the Lake and has a crowd regularly. If you can go early it's worth the time though. Good Luck.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent been on coacht since the Mckenzie game because of a business trip.

Thoughts on the Mckenzie game:

I thought the 2 early turnovers hurt Huntingdon in the first half. Would have been close without those.

Huntingdon ran the Single Wing of old to perfection. Looks like Mckenzie's linebackers were in outer space some of the time. Mckenzie has good linebackers that read well, but Huntingdon ran some plays to remove them from the play which help Huntingdon run the ball. I think everyone that attended this game will AGREE that Huntingdon's offense is explosive and is good enough to win a championship this year.

Defensively, Huntingdon couldnt stop Mckenzie is key situations. I believe Mckenzie is good enough on both sides of the ball to go to Cookville.

Thoughts on Huntingdon the rest of the season:

In class single A, Huntingdon as good as they are and as much as they have improved should do some damage. I have seen this picture a 1000 times. Tough/brutal schedule= success in the playoffs. Now this especially true this year for Huntingdon because its not that their schedule 1a teams were brutal, all the teams they played and lost to were the defending 1a champ Union City , Camden (10-0, 3A) Milan (9-1 , 3A), Martin Westview (3A, Beat milan and 8-3 record) Dyer County (5A, still in playoffs).

I dont know for certain what will happen, but have seen this similiar picture before of tough schedule and it pays off. Huntingdon should be neither confident nor pessimistic. I think if they play from what they have experienced this year, GOOD THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HAPPEN.

A good Lake Co is up this week, lets see if they carry on this year into round 3.

True, the two early turnovers did hurt the 'Stangs but, the turnovers were the result of a Stang getting the Poo knocked out of them by the Rebel D. It wasn't an "oops I dropped it!" thing!!! I'll honestly admit that the Stangs can move the ball on the ground very well and that they can throw the short pass routes well. However (hear me now), Lake Co. can explode for chunck's of points in a hurry! They throw well-----even long and have some rock toters that can get it done.

Obviously Huntingdon played the harder schedule. Also, Huntingdon is better now than the early season. So is Lake Co.. Ya'll best take your A game to Tiptonville even though I don't much think you are really one of "ya'll"!

LC will have to control the Stangs run game but that was what UC lived on too and they sat them down. NOw it's "can they stop you" "can you stop them"?????? Should be a good one to watch.

Edited by duckman38201

Basically you are saying the same thing as a lot of other fans.That Huntingdon has played a tougher schedule and have seen it a lot of times.a team with a better record comes into the game and loses and sometimes get blown out.And then people will get on here and say..I told you so.Heard it all before and all this year.I respect Huntingdon.It could happen againYall keep saying yall played Camden.Milan..Martin Westview..Dyer Co.Did yall beat any of those teams?I'm sure we could play those same teams ..yes and lose but still say we played them.Lake Co did play Humboldt..could have won.Humboldt beat Union City by a couple touchdowns.Lake Co beat Union City by 20 points..the same Union City team that beat Huntingdon..Lake Co beat Trenton.Another team that beat Union City.two teams still in the playoffs.Huntingdon did beat Dresden.That same Dresden team played about 4 teams Lake Co played and in 3 of those games ,Lake Co won by larger scores.I'm familiar with Dyer Co as my son went to school 10 years there.We still live in Newbern..3 miles from the school.They like to pass the ball.Guess what.Lake Co does it pretty well also.Huntintdon have been eating their oats.Beat South Fulton handidly.and now says South Fulton is weak.Take Your quarterback,running backs.center and tight end and leave them at home Friday night and I doubt you come home with a win. Looks like to me,it's a pretty even game on paper..Who knows though?It could be a blow out either way.Never know about the weather..fumbles.If Huntingdon falls behind a couple touchdowns and it may not happen ..but if it does..I really like Lake Co.Based on what I saw ,Huntingdon can't throw the deep ball.They threw it ..but was a hanging ,wobbly duck.I would hope that Lake Co has enough speed to get back there.I'm old now and I could have got back and covered those passes.Again.it could be a bad omen for either team to think they have this game won.Most people seem to think the scoreboard may blow up..Wouldn't it be something if this was like a 14-13 game?Good luck to the Stangs.If they win.just have to move on.!

I love Bigsters posts ---- Sorry but had to correct just one thing here.

Fri. Oct. 8 Humboldt vs. Union City W 38-15

That's by 23pts.

Now yall did put up bunches of points on UC.

Now knock em out the box Lake County.

Edited by 2Red

True, the two early turnovers did hurt the 'Stangs but, the turnovers were the result of a Stang getting the Poo knocked out of them by the Rebel D. It wasn't an "oops I dropped it!" thing!!! I'll honestly admit that the Stangs can move the ball on the ground very well and that they can throw the short pass routes well. However (hear me now), Lake Co. can explode for chunck's of points in a hurry! They throw well-----even long and have some rock toters that can get it done.

Obviously Huntingdon played the harder schedule. Also, Huntingdon is better now than the early season. So is Lake Co.. Ya'll best take your A game to Tiptonville even though I don't much think you are really one of "ya'll"!

LC will have to control the Stangs run game but that was what UC lived on too and they sat them down. NOw it's "can they stop you" "can you stop them"?????? Should be a good one to watch.

I wouldn't say that you exactly sat U C down. Yes...you scored 60 points...yes you won but yes, your defense did give up 40 points and a TON of yardage in a game that it took 60 to win. Union City also had you guys down 13 to 0 and with the U C fumble on the next drive could have made for a 20 to nothing lead which in return may have chnaged the out come in the game.

And if you can get beat by South Fulton, you can get beat by anyone.

Yes...I know, you still won but my point being...Lake Co. can be scored on and held back to a point. Good Luck..the week off may not be to your advantage as I have said.

Edited by UCGRAD

I wouldn't say that you exactly sat U C down. Yes...you scored 60 points...yes you won but yes, your defense did give up 40 points and a TON of yardage in a game that it took 60 to win. Union City also had you guys down 13 to 0 and with the U C fumble on the next drive could have made for a 20 to nothing lead which in return may have chnaged the out come in the game.

Yes...I know, you still won but my point being...Lake Co. can be scored on and held back to a point. Good Luck..the week off may not be to your advantage as I have said.

I agree that the bye week could be a distraction, but it also gave lake county an extra week to prepare for Huntington. True, UC did jump out quickly 13 to 0 on the falcons only to see the falcons score on 9 straight possessions. Huntington and Union City offeneses are both built around the run and we stopped UC when it mattered. Huntington has to prepare for a balanced attack , where as, the falcons can feel more comfortable loading the box. The key to the game is if the stangs can keep the falcon offense off the field and play a ball control offenese. If the falcons limit turnovers and can come up with some key stops it should put them in a good position to come out on top. If its a high scoring game I believe that LC will win, but if it is a low scoring and Huntington control the tempo the stangs could walk away with the victory.

Well yall barely squeeked by us. What does that say for UC......"oh but wait, we are just young,wait till next year, takes ur shots now." Ahh blow it out ur arse. :arrow:

Edited by Devil_Alumni

Well yall barely squeeked by us. What does that say for UC......"oh but wait, we are just young,wait till next year, takes ur shots now." Ahh blow it out ur arse. :arrow:

I think Huntingdon is much improved.

I know what their records are but, I just don't see LC beating Huntingdon.

Huntingdon 35 Lake Co. 21

Heck, I know when it gets right down to it, I'll probably be pulling for Lake Co. but I don't think it will happen.