Pearl Cohn @ Smith Co

DIRTYDIME

Pearl Cohn was better than advertised. They are very quick and can run you down at the same time. If they play as well as they did tonight they could very easily go to Cookeville. I don't think the score told the whole story, the teams were closer than the 40 point margin indicated.

Like I Love HS Football, the game was not lost by the refeering, but they stood and watched some obvious calls and didn't throw a flag, and then throwed some when they were unnecessary. I agree the PI call was perhaps the most obvious missed call. I also thought their was some disrespect from PC, players trying to get our fans to cheer, the dancing on the field, taunting our players after they got tackled, even the dance at halftime was a bit over the top IMHO. Not to say we didn't return the favor, the best part of the night (sadly) was when our band pulled their best impression of the PC band at halftime and got a standing O.

Congratulations on a great year Owls :thumb:

If Pearl Cohn plays the next few weeks like they did tonight, they will be in cookeville. They might even give Alcoa a challenge.

They have played like this all year. They are a very good team in 3A, and the best 3 seed in the brackets. They were 7-3 regular season, losing only to 3 Top 10 teams in their respective divisions - BGA, MBA, and Maplewood. They have won 6 in a row, including wins over Lipscomb and CPA. They did the same thing tonight they have been doing for several weeks - running the ball well and playing great defense.

They could get to Cookeville, but Goodpasture will be a big test next week.

The final eight is strong. I would rank them as follows (just IMO):

1. Alcoa

2. CAK

3. Milan

4. PC/GP tie

6. Elizabethton

7. Camden

8. Gat. Pitt.

Pearl-Cohn has the fastest defensive football team I have seen in a LONG TIME! They fly to the football and bring the noise when they get there. #53 on their defensive line is a man among boys. I know Smith County's quarterback will not soon forget him. On offense the Firebirds have a very solid rushing attack with the duo of #6 and #34.

I think Pearl-Cohn is going to be trouble for anyone they play because they are very good defensively. It looked like they were playing with 25 kids on defense at times tonight against the Owls.

Congrats to the Owls of Smith County on a tremendous season and a District Championship! Losing to a team as loaded as Pearl-Cohn (regardless of the score) is NOTHING to hang your heads about. IMHO, Smith County overachieved this year after losing a great senior class this past May to graduation. They had an average offense and a great defense and tonight the lack of offensive production put the defense in bad spots and it was just too much to overcome.

Pearl-Cohn at Goodpasture next week should make for a highly entertaining battle!

Pearl Cohn was better than advertised. They are very quick and can run you down at the same time. If they play as well as they did tonight they could very easily go to Cookeville. I don't think the score told the whole story, the teams were closer than the 40 point margin indicated.

Like I Love HS Football, the game was not lost by the refeering, but they stood and watched some obvious calls and didn't throw a flag, and then throwed some when they were unnecessary. I agree the PI call was perhaps the most obvious missed call. I also thought their was some disrespect from PC, players trying to get our fans to cheer, the dancing on the field, taunting our players after they got tackled, even the dance at halftime was a bit over the top IMHO. Not to say we didn't return the favor, the best part of the night (sadly) was when our band pulled their best impression of the PC band at halftime and got a standing O.

Congratulations on a great year Owls :thumb:

Don't take it the wrong way..I understand the part about the taunting and trying to make sc far cheer that wrong but the dancing part is something they have been doing at pc many years. You gotta have some fun also I heard a lot of the fans said the band had no class because the played when they marched out.....I don't understand that when that what they do...they lost to sc last year 9-0 and the still marched out. Pch has a "showband" and sc has a "concert" band there totally diffrent!

Guest Termite

PC came ready to play and put on a display tonight. No excuses. PC's offensive and defensive lines dominated. No if's ands or buts about it. Their running backs were running downhill, and the first guy there ain't bringing him down by himself. The game turned with the turnovers and SC missed a couple or 3 changes to jump out front early. The 1st play of the second half took all the wind out of SC.

SC Srs., thanks for 4 great years. There is nothing to hang your head about. There are many,many high school teams and players that never experienced the things you got to be a part of. You made memories and friends that will last a lifetime. I guarantee you will talk about your playings days almost every time you get together, even 40 years from now.

Jrs, Soph. and Frosh...Monday is the 1st day of next season. Don't forget the game tonight. Don't forget the feeling you have walking off the field tonight. Remember it, take it and use it to get ready for next season.

THANKS FOR A FUN SEASON OWLS!!!!!!