District 8AAA

Bballfan23

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for a tighter race as a lot of teams lost some key players; Columbia - English, Shelbyville - Andrews, Lawrance Co - Brink...just to name a few. I think Lincoln Co will be much better and Tullahoma may need to find a replacement for Rusk, but they bring back, I think, four starters. Curious to see how Shelbyville does without Andrews, but I expect they will probably rely on the inside game more and pound the boards with Jarrell and Wilson. Lawrance Co. is probably the favorite and as athletic Columbia will always be right in the thick of things. Franklin Co has six seniors also (two of them were out last year)and Lester should get more help inside with Perkins and Heatherly.

• 2 weeks later...

I look for the District to play out pretty much like last year. Franklin county and Lincoln County will most likely be bottom- dwellers. Shelbyville will have a hard time dealing with the loss of Andrews, which was evident after his suspension last year(please don't start a discussion on this, we had enough of that last year). Bobby Wilson is a great player and will have to step up big time for the Eagles. Tullahoma could be a sleeper in the race, as they will have a great team again this year. At the top, it should be Columbia and Lawrence County. Can't say at the time who will take top honors, but Columbia will definitely miss English and Parks this year. Lawrence County returns 3 starters and 2 players with a lot of big game experience. They did lose the all time 3 point leader at Lawrence County in Kyle Brink, but have shooters like Jake Richardson and Alex Brown to fill the loss. Look for some exciting matchups in District 8aaa this year.

• 1 month later...

Well, considering we are talking about the weakest district in AAA basketball. On most night you can just flip a coin and see who wins. The outcome of this district will not be determined until the district tournament is played. None of the teams are very good. They're all about .500 against AAA teams and those wins are against each other. If that is something to brag about. Post play is very weak as is the gaurd play. I don't think winning the regular season will determine the district champion. These teams are separated by about 4 to 6 points, which is 2 or 3 possessions. I'll say 2 because the shooters can shot unless they're completely wide open. In the end I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down between Shelbyville and Columbia, even as bad as Columbia's record is. Outside of those two teams the coaches in the district play half court slow basbetball which works if your in single A but there not. Even Lawrenceburg has 8 victories over A/AA teams, such as Summertown, Moore County, Loretto, Hickman, and Marshall County and they lost to Giles County (AA) and Clarksville Academy(A. None of those teams has the size, speed and talent of the top 4 teams in District 7 teams. Good luck to the winner of District 7. It's anybodies to win.

Well, considering we are talking about the weakest district in AAA basketball. On most night you can just flip a coin and see who wins. The outcome of this district will not be determined until the district tournament is played. None of the teams are very good. They're all about .500 against AAA teams and those wins are against each other. If that is something to brag about. Post play is very weak as is the gaurd play. I don't think winning the regular season will determine the district champion. These teams are separated by about 4 to 6 points, which is 2 or 3 possessions. I'll say 2 because the shooters can shot unless they're completely wide open. In the end I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down between Shelbyville and Columbia, even as bad as Columbia's record is. Outside of those two teams the coaches in the district play half court slow basbetball which works if your in single A but there not. Even Lawrenceburg has 8 victories over A/AA teams, such as Summertown, Moore County, Loretto, Hickman, and Marshall County and they lost to Giles County (AA) and Clarksville Academy(A. None of those teams has the size, speed and talent of the top 4 teams in District 7 teams. Good luck to the winner of District 7. It's anybodies to win.

We call that parity, which adds more excitement to every game. And you are right we definately aren't one of the top conferences, but I don't recall anyone from 8AAA saying we were. As for post play, I can't speak for our other 8AAA teams, but feel free to ask Riverdale (Carroll) and Blackman (Peak) how they liked playing against our post. I think he dropped about 25 on each and our other post is playing well off of the attention that the other draws. And Shelbyville and Columbia have good post players too, but the three of us probably are not the caliper of some of the 7AAA schools (Seigal and Riverdale), but we hold our own. What we don't have is that dominent player (like Andrews...) that really stands out.

As for half court offense vs. street ball run-n-gun, our team would be crazy to try to get up and down the court in a fast tempo game. We tried with Lavergne and got burned, but I recall that Riverdale and Blackman run set offenses. Did they learn that from one of the A schools up there? We have,I would say, three schools that run up-tempo. Tullahoma and Lincoln Co do because of lack of size and Columbia can because of their overall athletism. But Franklin Co and Shelbyville do better running those "slow half court offense" and pounding you inside. And we've have some success against those run-n-gun teams when we slow it down because most of those teams have little to no discipline or patience.

As for Lawrance Co. playing A schools, once again someone should have spent more time in high school studying economics and geography. Oh that's right, you probably were studying basketball and elementry level math. I seem to recall that mighty Seigal really took it to Lawrence Co last year, but we're not talking about last year...are we?

Interesting talk going on here. I love the parity in 8AAA, it makes for a great and exciting season. As for 7AAA, post season always goes their way. But, I seem to believe it COULD be a different ending this year, but... Time will tell. It always does.

Franklin County has a good team, they just don't seem to play four quarters of good ball. Lincoln County seems down this year, but I feel with their coach, it won't last long. Tullahoma is solid, inside and out. Lawrence County is very streaky. It just depends on who shows up for them. Shelbyville is Shelbyville. Coulumbia is extremely athletic. If you are ready to play ball, you can hang with them.

It makes the season fun to watch people eat their words on here... I just hope it isn't me! LET'S GO 8AAA!

Everyone has seemed to forget this fact while talking about "parity". LAWRENCE COUNTY IS 5-0 IN THE DISTRICT. No one has said this. How can you not say that they are the front runner right now???? I do not know how they will fare in the region tourney against the Siegels and Riverdales, but we are talking 8AAA on this thread. HEY FC REBEL 22: If you want to have a knowledge bowl against Lawrence County to back up your bashing of our academic system, I'm game. Four of our 8 A games were in county rivals that are HUGE money games for both schools. So actually yes FC REBEL 22, we were studying our economics and geography when we scheduled these games. Siegel took it to Lawrence County????? I remember a one point game that came down to a missed last second shot. That game could have gone either way.

Edited by volunteercat56

Everyone has seemed to forget this fact while talking about "parity". LAWRENCE COUNTY IS 5-0 IN THE DISTRICT. No one has said this. How can you not say that they are the front runner right now???? I do not know how they will fare in the region tourney against the Siegels and Riverdales, but we are talking 8AAA on this thread. HEY FC REBEL 22: If you want to have a knowledge bowl against Lawrence County to back up your bashing of our academic system, I'm game. Four of our 8 A games were in county rivals that are HUGE money games for both schools. So actually yes FC REBEL 22, we were studying our economics and geography when we scheduled these games. Siegel took it to Lawrence County????? I remember a one point game that came down to a missed last second shot. That game could have gone either way.

You might want to read into the reply I was giving. Also, you might want to check my picks I posted on 7 Nov where I have Lawrence Co. as my favorite. My sarcasm was directed to the post that was bashing 8AAA and your Wilcats. What you mis-interpeted as me insulting your Wildcats was me referring that some schools like Lawrence Co do not have a readily supply of AAA schools within driving distance to validate the extra expenditure for the cost of transportation and meals (that include us too). We just got back from playing Blackman in front of a whooping 50-60 people in the stands, plus our boys and girls team looked liked they didn't even want to be there in the middle of the week.

What I was referring to about the Geography and Economics lesson was in reference to location and not LCs academics. And if you had taken some time to read my response properly you would have seen I was referring to his comment. That if he had spent time looking at a map he would notice that Lawrence Co isn't exactly near a major metropolitan area such Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville where you can travel ten minutes and fill up a schedule with AAA teams. And I'm fully aware how much money can be generated playing rival games and keeping the gym full and the concession hopping.

As for the parity, we really don't have a dominant team and while Lawrence Co is 5-0 they still have to play Columbia twice and Tullahoma at their place (didn't exactly dominate them at home did you?). However, your Wildcats are about the only team in district that is playing more consistant than the others and I wouldn't be suprised if they went 10-0 in district. I am somewhat suprised that Columbia is playing up and down like they are but I expect them to be ready for the tourney. As for your response, sounds like a touch too much of arrogance. Plus, that was sarcasm in reference to the Seigal game last year (I know what the score was). You might want to take a course in Reading Comprehension though....and you might want to read he posted on the Tullahoma vs Lincoln Co thread...

You might want to read into the reply I was giving. Also, you might want to check my picks I posted on 7 Nov where I have Lawrence Co. as my favorite. My sarcasm was directed to the post that was bashing 8AAA and your Wilcats. What you mis-interpeted as me insulting your Wildcats was me referring that some schools like Lawrence Co do not have a readily supply of AAA schools within driving distance to validate the extra expenditure for the cost of transportation and meals (that include us too). We just got back from playing Blackman in front of a whooping 50-60 people in the stands, plus our boys and girls team looked liked they didn't even want to be there in the middle of the week.

What I was referring to about the Geography and Economics lesson was in reference to location and not LCs academics. And if you had taken some time to read my response properly you would have seen I was referring to his comment. That if he had spent time looking at a map he would notice that Lawrence Co isn't exactly near a major metropolitan area such Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville where you can travel ten minutes and fill up a schedule with AAA teams. And I'm fully aware how much money can be generated playing rival games and keeping the gym full and the concession hopping.

As for the parity, we really don't have a dominant team and while Lawrence Co is 5-0 they still have to play Columbia twice and Tullahoma at their place (didn't exactly dominate them at home did you?). However, your Wildcats are about the only team in district that is playing more consistant than the others and I wouldn't be suprised if they went 10-0 in district. I am somewhat suprised that Columbia is playing up and down like they are but I expect them to be ready for the tourney. As for your response, sounds like a touch too much of arrogance. Plus, that was sarcasm in reference to the Seigal game last year (I know what the score was). You might want to take a course in Reading Comprehension though....and you might want to read he posted on the Tullahoma vs Lincoln Co thread...

Now you're making a little more sense. Sorry I misread your previous post. Might have overreacted a little bit. Yes, Tullahoma did play us very close in the last game, and we do still have to travel there this year. But, don't read too much into the away game. Tullahoma isn't exactly a basketball town, and do not have the home advantage that they do in football or baseball. We play Columbia tomorrow weather permitting, so hopefully we can show up and play well. I guess I see what you're saying about parity now, which should make for an interesting tournament, with a couple of upsets and such.

Now you're making a little more sense. Sorry I misread your previous post. Might have overreacted a little bit. Yes, Tullahoma did play us very close in the last game, and we do still have to travel there this year. But, don't read too much into the away game. Tullahoma isn't exactly a basketball town, and do not have the home advantage that they do in football or baseball. We play Columbia tomorrow weather permitting, so hopefully we can show up and play well. I guess I see what you're saying about parity now, which should make for an interesting tournament, with a couple of upsets and such.

Good luck Friday against Columbia...see you guys come tourney time