The Hydration Test

mikescott

All the testers are looking for cheaters but i have never heard of them letting them cheat. So as a coach how sure are you that your whole team is honest when it comes to the hydration testing? There is no way to be certain is there? The only people who can stop the cheating is the kids that know about it and still go along with it.

First, I'm not the coach, just a dad.

Second, you are totally correct that it's up to the kids to stop the cheating, but my point was as adults if there is any knowledge of it, then it should be stopped.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well would you say half the guys cheated? One quarter? I know I've seen heavies and 215's do it just because the rest of the team was and they wanted to be part of the action. I've seen one kid go in the bathroom with a plastic baggy filled with water to pour in his cup. Others have came out from being tested only to brag about scooping water when the test administrator wasn't looking. Even more have tried to walk in with water already in their mouths. I know for a fact it is done quite often and that it is a large percentage. Is this really cheating? On another note is it really so bad to train during the dead week?

I think this is completely out of line to come on here and make such statements. It is offensive and insulting. You got proof? You want to name names? If not you should keep quiet.

I don't think cheating on the hydration is very common. Seems like a stupid thing to cheat on.

My son failed it as a Freshman and Sophmore, multiple times. He didn't think once about cheating. Maybe you should think about hanging around a better class of people.

You seem to want to start controversy about anything and everything.

Does the urine sample cup not have some type of body temperature code on it to guard againt someone scooping water or pouring water into the cup? I do know how the college kids are passing the test and it's not by scooping cold water out of the toilet. When you make the kids strip down nude before going into the stall and the tester is standing behind them while the sample is being deposited into the cup it becomes very difficult and takes a crafty individual to cheat.

Edited by cbg

Well I would venture to say that there is no temperature mechanism because I know for a fact that many kids cheat on the hydration test, not because they need to for the most part, but because it is a game to see if you can do it and not get caught. The testers at the schools I've been around do not check very hard, because I know of a lot of kids that have cheated and gone on to win state titles. Savage is right in that no one would admit to it to someone they don't know, but it still goes on. I'm not going to name names because I like all the kids I can name and wouldn't want to single them out when many more athletes are in offense.

Well I would venture to say that there is no temperature mechanism because I know for a fact that many kids cheat on the hydration test, not because they need to for the most part, but because it is a game to see if you can do it and not get caught. The testers at the schools I've been around do not check very hard, because I know of a lot of kids that have cheated and gone on to win state titles. Savage is right in that no one would admit to it to someone they don't know, but it still goes on. I'm not going to name names because I like all the kids I can name and wouldn't want to single them out when many more athletes are in offense.

If you are not willing to back up your accusations then keep quiet. This is very serious. You are publically questioning the integrity of people. You are calling them liars and cheaters. It is very irresponsible. It puts a black eye on the athletes, the coaches, and the wrestling community. Wrestling is a gentleman's sport. A gentleman does not make accusations and call people cheaters and liars without having the stones to back up his claims.

Last season there were 28 TSSAA state champions. You suggest that many of them cheated the hydration test. Who? Come on, scottie boy, who did it? Stop running your mouth and saying you know this and you know that and testers don't check very hard. I don't care how many state titles you supposedly won or how many years you wrestled in college. You are disgracing Tennessee wrestling with your suggestions and innuendos.

If you are not willing to back up your accusations then keep quiet. This is very serious. You are publically questioning the integrity of people. You are calling them liars and cheaters. It is very irresponsible. It puts a black eye on the athletes, the coaches, and the wrestling community. Wrestling is a gentleman's sport. A gentleman does not make accusations and call people cheaters and liars without having the stones to back up his claims.

Last season there were 28 TSSAA state champions. You suggest that many of them cheated the hydration test. Who? Come on, scottie boy, who did it? Stop running your mouth and saying you know this and you know that and testers don't check very hard. I don't care how many state titles you supposedly won or how many years you wrestled in college. You are disgracing Tennessee wrestling with your suggestions and innuendos.

Some rules are put in place to be broken. If you want to act like not many people cheat on the hydration test, then sit back and be so naive. I personally don't have a problem with kids scooping water, etc. If they can't make the weight, they won't. I'm not going to turn in people for breaking a rule I don't care about. If knew about people taking steroids, it'd be a different story. Ask some of the wrestlers you know if they have ever heard of people cheating.

Some rules are put in place to be broken. If you want to act like not many people cheat on the hydration test, then sit back and be so naive. I personally don't have a problem with kids scooping water, etc. If they can't make the weight, they won't. I'm not going to turn in people for breaking a rule I don't care about. If knew about people taking steroids, it'd be a different story. Ask some of the wrestlers you know if they have ever heard of people cheating.

I can't put my finger on you Mike. You are a breath of LA fresh air to this forum and I hope you can keep it up.

I agree with the statement that many of our young men bend/break the rule of hydration, but it's kinda like the 55 mph law, most people, with the exception of the blue haired women and glc, race past that number on the speedometer. How many of our babies have taken a sip of a beverage, that was only intended for adult lips before they reach the proper age of 17 ??

My biggest problem is when a daddy goes out buys his son a turkey baster, then loads it up for him not once but twice.

Mike, I was out of town this weekend and saw where Coacht erased a Topic on Hickson. Did you by chance reveal that you and your son are attending Central the home of the purple pounders?? My baby wrestles for EFT and has read some of your views and thinks it would be neat if he and your son got to roll around on the mat for 6 minute. Did you reveal that you are one of the Johnson Brothers?? They were the only studs I remember that came out of Central with your hardware or are you that short fat ASSt. wrestling coach at hickson.

Tell it all brother.....

bcb iii :flower:

Edited by bear cat brown

I can't put my finger on you Mike. You are a breath of LA fresh air to this forum and I hope you can keep it up.

I agree with the statement that many of our young men bend/break the rule of hydration, but it's kinda like the 55 mph law, most people, with the exception of the blue haired women and glc, race past that number on the speedometer. How many of our babies have taken a sip of a beverage, that was only intended for adult lips before they reach the proper age of 17 ??

My biggest problem is when a daddy goes out buys his son a turkey baster, then loads it up for him not once but twice.

Mike, I was out of town this weekend and saw where Coacht erased a Topic on Hickson. Did you by chance reveal that you and your son are attending Central the home of the purple pounders?? My baby wrestles for EFT and has read some of your views and thinks it would be neat if he and your son got to roll around on the mat for 6 minute. Did you reveal that you are one of the Johnson Brothers?? They were the only studs I remember that came out of Central with your hardware or are you that short fat ASSt. wrestling coach at hickson.

Tell it all brother.....

bcb iii :flower:

Not sure what all you asking bcb, but my son isn't going to be doing any rolling around with your boy I believe. Not no fat assistant coach at Hixson. I thought the fat one was their head coach though. I'm glad someone finally ackknowledges that the hydration test does not completely serve its purpose, I knew I wasn't the only one that knew some rule bending was going on.

Not sure what all you asking bcb, but my son isn't going to be doing any rolling around with your boy I believe. Not no fat assistant coach at Hixson. I thought the fat one was their head coach though. I'm glad someone finally ackknowledges that the hydration test does not completely serve its purpose, I knew I wasn't the only one that knew some rule bending was going on.

So will you share a turkey baster story mike?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm saying, that our team does everything we can to make sure the tests are 100% legit. That there is not one case where the person doing the testing allows anyone to slip by with his knowledge, and he looks for things the kids may try to do.

your kids dont half to cheat because they're all garbage and suck anyways so no one will miss them at state