Alcoa #50 in ESPN Poll

Omniscience

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the 04 state champ games when alcoa now that was one the highest scoring games i think both teams combined over 1000 yards what happen to that warren kid he went to fl. state then tenn but never heard anything elsr about him

Kiffin threw him off the team. Hey we build amazing athletes at Alcoa but they're not always the brightest of people.

I resent that remark!

You shouldnt. Alcoa has a long long history of great teachers, coaches and faculty members that have gone out of their way to help students and student athletes a like. People like yourself Mrs Upton, Coach Joe Bush. Coach Phelps, among many many others have helped these kids in the classroom and on fields/courts but eventually there comes a point where the student athlete has to carry himself. Too many times have I see a kid take the field at Goddard Field with all the talent in the world, sometimes D1 talent sometimes not and he never amounts to anything because he lacks the drive and/or dedication. Im not going name names because that wouldnt be appropriate or necessary but I think any Alcoa fan (and Im sure this happens at other schools to, I just dont follow them) that has been a fan for numerous years can think of names off the top of their head.

You shouldnt. Alcoa has a long long history of great teachers, coaches and faculty members that have gone out of their way to help students and student athletes a like. People like yourself Mrs Upton, Coach Joe Bush. Coach Phelps, among many many others have helped these kids in the classroom and on fields/courts but eventually there comes a point where the student athlete has to carry himself. Too many times have I see a kid take the field at Goddard Field with all the talent in the world, sometimes D1 talent sometimes not and he never amounts to anything because he lacks the drive and/or dedication. Im not going name names because that wouldnt be appropriate or necessary but I think any Alcoa fan (and Im sure this happens at other schools to, I just dont follow them) that has been a fan for numerous years can think of names off the top of their head.

Let's not use a public message board to belittle kids. Please try to be positive about all Alcoa Tornadoes. We have made tons of mistakes.

I can think of A LOT of players that have been very successful at the next level academically.....much more than has NOT.

Plus, don't be belittling the team by getting on here and saying they are not going to be as good next year,....And the following year even weaker. I remember someone saying the same thing in 2005 with Warren, Lindsey, Figler graduating. The 2006 team was a great team! The 2011 team will be great also!