Alcoa #50 in ESPN Poll

Omniscience

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Brandon is on the roster, but not playing, at U of North Alabama with Coach Terry Bowden. As an aside, GoddardField, grades were NEVER an issue with Brandon. He was always and still is academically eligible.

Oh and Ky Lanxter dropped football at UK this season.... To start law school.

I never mentioned grades. I just said brightest. Common sense and "human knowledge" goes a long way. There has been many many great athletes that came from Alcoa that have gone on to special places but there also has been quite a few that needed to spend time in a community college before taking that D1 scholarship...if they ever take it at all. I can see where it seems Im bashing a kid (even though everyone Im discussing is currently over the age 18)but it breaks my heart to sit at Goddard Field every Friday night for the past 20+ years and see such great talent playing, many with D1 or slightly below talent, that never gets to see a field on Saturday because of their grades or decision making.

Also, I said this in an earlier post, Im sure it happens at all schools however for the past 20+ years Ive been at Alcoa games so I dont pay attention to other schools and what athletes do and dont make it.

Congrats to the players, coaches, and fans of Alcoa. As much as everyone talks trash and loathes thier rivals' guts, it's still great to see any program from East Tennessee getting national recognition. This should also be a compliment to all the teams that Alcoa plays because you wouldn't get national recognition by beating up on a bunch of nobody schools. So, again, congrats to the Tornadoes.

We have very talented junior and sophomores...

RB.. Vanderbilt, Koko.

FB.. Chapman, Crenshaw.

QB.. Turbyfill????

WR.. Warfield, Ferguson, Anthony.

OL.. Manuel, Rankin, Loy, Gibbs.

TE.. Ownby, White.

DB.. Warfield, Lewis, Anthony, Vanderbilt, Ferguson.

DL.. Tate, Revels, Chapman, ownby, White.

LB.. Koko, Crenshaw, Turbyfill.

Coach Rankin has a history of developing players.

SR... Stanley johnson, Jonivan Henry, Jordan Patrick, John Roy.

JR... Cody Lewis, Steven Manuel, Colby Tate, Vee Hambrick, Zach Chapman, Lajaun Warfield.

Soph.. Mustafa Anthony, Thomas Loy, Jarod Crenshaw, Ezekiel Koko, Dalton Ownby.

None of these players played very much last year. This tells me that the coaches will have more players not

mentioned that will step up and fill the roles left by a great senior class.......

I never mentioned grades. I just said brightest. Common sense and "human knowledge" goes a long way. There has been many many great athletes that came from Alcoa that have gone on to special places but there also has been quite a few that needed to spend time in a community college before taking that D1 scholarship...if they ever take it at all. I can see where it seems Im bashing a kid (even though everyone Im discussing is currently over the age 18)but it breaks my heart to sit at Goddard Field every Friday night for the past 20+ years and see such great talent playing, many with D1 or slightly below talent, that never gets to see a field on Saturday because of their grades or decision making.

Also, I said this in an earlier post, Im sure it happens at all schools however for the past 20+ years Ive been at Alcoa games so I dont pay attention to other schools and what athletes do and dont make it.

I've been sitting or standing at Goddard Field for longer than you and it breaks my heart for youngsters not achieving to their full ability, but I didn't get on a message board and belittle anyone. Come see me Friday night and I will buy you a hot dog. I would like to know who you are.

I've been sitting or standing at Goddard Field for longer than you and it breaks my heart for youngsters not achieving to their full ability, but I didn't get on a message board and belittle anyone. Come see me Friday night and I will buy you a hot dog. I would like to know who you are.

Hey Clint will you buy me a hotdog if I come up to you on Friday. :roflol: