Dear K2ruth?

Roba22

I know this is a club team question but was not sure yo would check there so i will post it here too.

What kind of response have you had so far for this tournament? more so on 18 17 and 16 year old age levels?

What type of teams have signed p or that are at least looking into attending? just wondering the level of play.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a club team question but was not sure yo would check there so i will post it here too.

What kind of response have you had so far for this tournament? more so on 18 17 and 16 year old age levels?

What type of teams have signed p or that are at least looking into attending? just wondering the level of play.

Thanks.

Sorry Roba22, It appears unless you are attacking something or opening the opportunity to allow K2ruth to attack either Karns or Phoenix Rising they won't reply. I heard there weren't enough 18's to build a team for K2 so far. Could be the cost, could be the light has already burned out on the 'brand new club'. Phoenix Rising is growing-Directed by Coach Williams (Karns). PR club had so many schools represented trying out this year; added more teams and growing. New coaches too. Adding more teams for several age groups. Club is alive and well in Knoxville. We are playing PR this year and looking forward to it. Good coaches, same tournaments. Better deal.

WOW that was intersting news. I thought (well told by K2ruth) that K2 was growing like crazy and was going to be as big if not bigger than PR. Oh well... we just were wondering if that tournament they were hosting was going to have some good teams in it before we looked to enter it too. think we will just go back down and play in the Icebreaker. Yes PR has gotten better each year and they showed to be a very good club last year. Hope that many of your teams will come back down to Chattanooga and play in some of ours again this year. We eanjoyed having them down here.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread.....

1st, to answer the original question.....It appears that K2 will have a very well attended tournament at the Wilderness Lodge. I have heard that they have already reached a maximum number of teams in all age divisions and have solicited the services of the same outfit that runs the tournaments at Regionals and Big South. K2 solicited the help because of the overwhelming response to the tournament.

2nd, I have no loyalty to any club in Knoxville. I have a daughter that plays for PR and one at K2. I will attempt to answer this question as to put a rest to the debate that seems to pop up on here from time to time. If you want to play competitive club volleyball in Knoxville, TN there is no comparison in the quality of clubs. Let me start by saying that K2 had ~300 girls try out this year, up from 190 last year. The tryouts were conducted over several days and each tryout had multiple coaches, including, Rob Patrick putting the girls through what seemed to be a very intense workout. The Phoenix tryouts, while productive, obviously didn't have the same flavor as K2. There were nowhere near the numbers. In fact, I doubt PR will be able to field any team made up of girls all the same age. Many of the girls will play up and compete at the club level. This is great if your child, like mine, just wants to play volleyball. She honestly would have made a 3 team at K2 and at PR gets to be on the 1 team. This is exciting for her but I can honestly say there aren't any reservations to Atlanta, for nationals, being made at PR.

3rd, you pay for what you get. PR is considerably cheaper. There is no way PR could charge the same as K2 because quality from top to bottom is not there. The type of tournaments attended at PR do Not compare to what K2 offers. It's just not even close. The girls will have fun but not compete for championships.

4th, K2 is a bigger club than PR. There were close to 50 14 year olds alone. The K2 13-1 team finished 11th in the nation at AAU open last year. The 12-1 team qualified for nationals and was top 25 in Reno.....without their setter.

While I wish both clubs the best you have to call it what it is. K2 is an elite, competitive club and Phoenix Rising is recreational. I would make this same statement to my daughters and they would absolutely agree. My youngest daughter made it clear that she wouldn't play for K2 because they work hard and PR has fun.

Hope this clears up any questions about club volleyball in Knoxville

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I have been slammed by the start of club. Obviously Jumper aka Karns asst coach, was ... misinformed.

PR is nothing more than a recruiting tool and a way for the Karns coaches to put some easy money in their pocket and have off season practice. K2 is real volleyball, designed to improve the skill level of the player. It is apples vs oranges.

I am not going to compare the 2 programs because there is nothing to compare. K2 is the only real club in the area.

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I have been slammed by the start of club. Obviously Jumper aka Karns asst coach, was ... misinformed.

PR is nothing more than a recruiting tool and a way for the Karns coaches to put some easy money in their pocket and have off season practice. K2 is real volleyball, designed to improve the skill level of the player. It is apples vs oranges.

I am not going to compare the 2 programs because there is nothing to compare. K2 is the only real club in the area.

I-Jumper is not a coach or assist coach either....a parent of Farragut daughter. I have to respond to the other post regarding tournaments: PR also attends tournaments that K2 will attend. Granted some tournaments are 'invitation only' but very few usually for the more established clubs. Invitationals feel the same as others. PR has club and power teams for 'fun' but will still be very competitive. I am sure the PR coaches would be interested to know they aren't as hard working as K2 coaches? I just don't think anything of that statement. But the season will tell. PR players are from Cookeville, Anderson CO, Morristown, Farragut, Webb, Catholic, Gibbs, etc. none of which are interested in moving to Karns. why can't there be 2 or more great clubs in town? I think it is good.

Announcements