Riverdale / Maryville

SCtribe

Threads like this tickle me. I never bought into the whole aura of Coach Rankin when he first came to Alcoa. I was like, cmon the guy cant be THAT great. Then Ive seen what Alcoa has continued to do since Rankin has taken over. Then I look at what Riverdale has done since he's left.....Nothing. So then when I see a DB person come in, I remember the days where they were the big 5A (6A now) powerhouse. I start to think of all the great teams they had that ran all over everyone........Then I realize I cant think of any. I try, but I cant. I realized finally that they havent won a State Championship since Lyndon B. Johnson was President and that was nearly 20 years before I was born. I guess DB should be glad the road to the State Championship goes through Maryville High School and not William Blount High School. We all know how those games turn out!! :roflol:

I do miss coach Rankin...he is a GREAT coach...what he does better than anyone is that he is coaching next years team this year...in practice the 8th string guy gets the same reps as the 1st string guy and there is NO STANDING around in practice someone is always doing something and someone is always coaching...we new next years starting line up this year...

I do miss coach Rankin...he is a GREAT coach...what he does better than anyone is that he is coaching next years team this year...in practice the 8th string guy gets the same reps as the 1st string guy and there is NO STANDING around in practice someone is always doing something and someone is always coaching...we new next years starting line up this year...

Given the fact that these 2 wouldn't meet for another 2 weeks, this thread has been a real hoot. Maryville will be there, no doubt about that. Heck, they've only lost 3 games over the past 6 years! If Riverdale makes it that far (and I believe they might), Maryville goes to Riverdale and mops the field with them! It won't even be close! Right it down!!!

Given the fact that these 2 wouldn't meet for another 2 weeks, this thread has been a real hoot. Maryville will be there, no doubt about that. Heck, they've only lost 3 games over the past 6 years! If Riverdale makes it that far (and I believe they might), Maryville goes to Riverdale and mops the field with them! It won't even be close! Right it down!!!

I like your confidence but the torch is going to be handed East this year. There won't be a Riverdale and Maryville matchup this year, heck Farragut just might get the upset this year over the Big Rebels. Maryville looks a little down this year, remember in the Bearden game the score was 21-14 late in the fourth quarter before they pulled that fake punt 1st down out of their rear end. The domination is over, it's going to be Farragut versus DB next week in Kingsport. Roll Tribe!!!!!!! :thumb:

I like your confidence but the torch is going to be handed East this year. There won't be a Riverdale and Maryville matchup this year, heck Farragut just might get the upset this year over the Big Rebels. Maryville looks a little down this year, remember in the Bearden game the score was 21-14 late in the fourth quarter before they pulled that fake punt 1st down out of their rear end. The domination is over, it's going to be Farragut versus DB next week in Kingsport. Roll Tribe!!!!!!! :thumb:

Well , there may not be any Maryville fans claiming world supremacy , but it does look like we have some very confident posters a little further East ... :thumb:

im not worried about maryville or farragut or DB im just worried about soddy right now so lets play friday night and then if we are fortunate enough to win that game we will worry about our next opponent

BUMP! :thumb: