Oak Ridge @ Riverdale

warhawks

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have too much respect for oak ridge built up over the many great games we have played with them over the years.. and to you pepvol and the maryville fans we couldnt be happier to be playing another east tennessee team with the great tradition and classiness of the maryville rebels.. whoever wins, it is a dream matchup all east tennesseeans have always wanted... doesnt get any better than this...

There you go with the tradition talk again, SS. ;)

In all seriousness, the boys on your team have done exactly what they ought to have done to warrant talk of "tradition": work hard and win. In my estimation, by making it to the semis (after three road wins) they have re-connected with all of that long-ago "tradition" you speak of and, more importantly, begun some of their own.

Great win for OR. Terrific season for a young Warrior team that will only get wiser and stronger in the off-season. I think you have a future Mr. Football at QB. Lick your wounds and remember the sting of defeat in every single work-out and practice. I know the Warrior faithful wanted gold, but round three this yr and semis last yr sure ain't a bad thing. Much better pill to swallow that going out the first round like us.

Very dissapointing from an overall standpoint, but you have to realize our warriors are very young team, and the qb did an outstanding job this year only being a sophomore.Had a freshman running back that started out hot, then got hurt,so he battled thru, but was never the same at the end as he was at the start of the season.The team needs to work on special teams period.Defense will get better and stonger I have no doubt about that.Not going to make any excuses, and I never said cupcake in any of my posts about OR.Congrats, and I believe what your QB said in the dnj paper here, we wanted it more, because it showed on the field.

Very dissapointing from an overall standpoint, but you have to realize our warriors are very young team, and the qb did an outstanding job this year only being a sophomore.Had a freshman running back that started out hot, then got hurt,so he battled thru, but was never the same at the end as he was at the start of the season.The team needs to work on special teams period.Defense will get better and stonger I have no doubt about that.Not going to make any excuses, and I never said cupcake in any of my posts about OR.Congrats, and I believe what your QB said in the dnj paper here, we wanted it more, because it showed on the field.

What's scary is both these teams are young and will only get better. OR starts 8 sophomores and Zulliger is a Jr. I look forward for more Riverdale/OR matchups in the future.

Edited by OakRidgeRoadWarriors