Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

Well I guess maybe the South kids study harder or their just smarter than DB kids. This is a football thread though and as you know their ACT scores have never helped much on the the football field when going up against the Tribe. Perhaps the smartest team that South has ever had was the 2006 team where they lost to the Indians 44-0. It was a game (according to all those smart South fans) that they were going to win easly. Maybe when the city moves into Colonial Heights we'll be able to field a team as smart as that 2006 South team. Ah......thats just me dreaming

2006? Wasn't that the year DB lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to Wm. Blount. Yes, I believe it was.

William Blount's record that year was 7-5. DB's record that year 10-1. Ouch! Now that smarts.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post was in reply to making South a vocational school and the ongoing discussion/speculation on the future of the South system as a whole. I am not trying to debate the intellect of the football players on either side as I am sure both schools field fine, intelligent young men. I can see from your previous comment and posting history that you are neither. Your comments tarnish past, present, and future Indians. You are the reason these boards turn sour. You can enjoy a squabble with someone else, i will not engage you as i am sure you've got plenty of worn out, tired comments that you are just dying to repeat. Stay classy Kingsport, this poster is done.

I find it odd that you would make a post to "engage" me to tell me that you will not "engage" me. Then go on to blame me for the reason the boards turn sour by postong your "sour" comments about me. And telling me to enjoy a squabble with someone else while opening up a "squabble" with me. You have the market cornered on tired and worn out comments. Most of the posters on here have a sinse of hummor. Only a hand full of South fans and spelling bee champions that walk around with a chip on their shoulder ever have a problem with one of my post. You were done before you ever started. Stay classy Colonial Heights :)

2006? Wasn't that the year DB lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to Wm. Blount. Yes, I believe it was.

William Blount's record that year was 7-5. DB's record that year 10-1. Ouch! Now that smarts.

Whats that got to do with the 44-0 drubbing that South took that year? I fail to see the connection.

Whats that got to do with the 44-0 drubbing that South took that year? I fail to see the connection.

Ahhhh! The connection. South is your life. South is DB's life. Your season is done after the South game. (And I believe it comes early this year? Too Bad.) That is why all the push/hope for South's demise. You'll never move on with that little county school just up the road. The obsession is all consuming. One and Done.

Ahhhh! The connection. South is your life. South is DB's life. Your season is done after the South game. (And I believe it comes early this year? Too Bad.) That is why all the push/hope for South's demise. You'll never move on with that little county school just up the road. The obsession is all consuming. One and Done.

Most of the time i get upset when i read this one and done crap, but i've learned that you are so ignorant to anything involving real football that you just don't know any better. What has South ever done in football? Study your history of local High School football and learn to respect son!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Well....we were around long before South was dug up. And we had a pretty good life then to. That little country school up the road will soon be a city school but they'll always be our whipping boys. That is unless they run away and refuse to take their whippin' like they did a few years ago. You know come to think of it it's odd that you would bring up "One and Done" considering that South has more 1st. round loses than does DB. Hey...I just thought of something else. With Stacy taking over at Science Hill its going to be like beating South twice in one season. So our year won't be over after the South beat down after all.:)

Edited by WaCoJaCo