DO NOT SCHEDULE ANY GAMES YET

OldStoneFort

This should be a national mandate. K-6th in Elementary school. 7-9th in Middle school. 10-12th in high school. Sixth graders have no business being with the Middle school group and being subjected to the things they are subjected to. Ninth graders regardless of talent do not need to be on a varsity football team. At least 95% circumstances boys don't grow until their Soph year. Some people will say that this method leaves the 6th graders in limbo. I say they need to not be forced to grow up so quickly. When they are thrust into Middle school at that level it is an accident waiting to happen.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a national mandate. K-6th in Elementary school. 7-9th in Middle school. 10-12th in high school. Sixth graders have no business being with the Middle school group and being subjected to the things they are subjected to. Ninth graders regardless of talent do not need to be on a varsity football team. At least 95% circumstances boys don't grow until their Soph year. Some people will say that this method leaves the 6th graders in limbo. I say they need to not be forced to grow up so quickly. When they are thrust into Middle school at that level it is an accident waiting to happen.

I agree 100%

Would LOVE for Lincoln County to go down to 5A. Our freshman are included in our population, but they are at their own school with their own football team. They don't even play on the high school football team. It consists solely of 10-12th graders.... This is especially detrimental to us because we are one of the smallest schools in 6A and there is not a population cap on this classification. We can play schools with 3x the population we have. boo!

:thumb: I agree 100% birdfan. We are basically being penalized for being a three year high-school. As bad as I would hate too see it happen, it might be a good thing if Fayetteville city built that new high-school they've been talking about building. We would lose a few athletes, probably a few more than we lost when RCA opened, but it would drop us to the classification we need to be in anyway. We play in a district where 4 out of 6 are 5A.

We have to remember that we are talking about the TSSAA though and they don't always do what is right or what makes since.

GO FALCONS!!!!

Edited by naildriver247

:thumb: I agree 100% birdfan. We are basically being penalized for being a three year high-school. As bad as I would hate too see it happen, it might be a good thing if Fayetteville city built that new high-school they've been talking about building. We would lose a few athletes, probably a few more than we lost when RCA opened, but it would drop us to the classification we need to be in anyway. We play in a district where 4 out of 6 are 5A.

We have to remember that we are talking about the TSSAA though and they don't always do what is right or what makes since.

GO FALCONS!!!!

I don't think the opening of RCA affected LCHS that much. The vast majority of players at Riverside Christian

live in Alabama. We only had 21 players on the team and went 3 and 7 in Division II. I have always felt that Lincoln County was playing at too high a level. Back in the 80's and 90's the enrollment at the larger schools wasn't as big of a factor as it is today. The T$$AA is only looking at what will generate the most revenue for them. They don't care how far a team has to travel in the playoffs to compete and what the logistical costs are for the schools as long as the T$$AA gets their cut of the gate money. There has to be a better system that what we have now. The current system is way too confusing. I am not about to suggest how I think it should be because mine might be worse <laughing> but there has to be something better.......

I wonder if anyone would be interested in a Mississippi style system. They have a north and south champion in each division that meet for overall championship at the end.I have no idea how they seed their teams but they have been doing this for a number of years. Tennessee could be divided east-west either geographicly or on the number of schools in each area.The division would be a difficult decision especially with the geographic disparity of the different classes but not undoable. I ,personally, think the present system can be made workable with a few changes in the seeding procedures e.g. making head to head results an automatic higher seeding for the winner plus some allowance for difficulty of schedule.

Great men think alike...that is way it should be everywhere K-6,7-9 and 10-12

Freshman Academy...why why why, if they were in with 7 and 8 graders and big dogs of middle school, you would have no need for Freshman Academy.

Put Hogan and Compusatman in change...we would get things done the "old school way"

Great men think alike...that is way it should be everywhere K-6,7-9 and 10-12

Freshman Academy...why why why, if they were in with 7 and 8 graders and big dogs of middle school, you would have no need for Freshman Academy.

Put Hogan and Compusatman in change...we would get things done the "old school way"

And by the Gods!

At the risk of getting political, wouldn't a national mandate be Unconstitutional.?? I think so.

The reason this system is in place is because of all the complaints about the old system. People wanted change and they got it. The T$$AA will not go back to 5 classifications, it's all about money. I agree with someone on here that 6A and 5A should not be in the same district. The districts should be made up of teams in the same classification and if a 5A wants to schedule a 6A in regular season for gate revenue, it's their choice but it should not be a district game. The playoff system as is will need to changed though. If not, as stated earlier, some teams will have a hard time scheduling teams to play.