jackson northside at ridgeway

big_mike0307

Hey kwc or TraderB, this is off the subject but I would be interested to hear your response. Was Mitchell not as good as I thought? I know that Hardin County was not very good even by their standards so I was shocked that when they beat Mitchell. How did that happen?

Red Warrior:

I was never convinced that Mitchell was a legitimate contender early on in the season. I didn't like how they scheduled their non-district games either. Being in a city the size of Memphis will always allow a school to schedule good competition. In my opinion, Mitchell scheduled it's non district games to build up the win column and I'm sure that is ONE of the reasons their season ended early.

I have another reason why I believe that they weren't as good as they were in recent years, but it is only a theory and I don't want to start any rumors or anything. I will say this, however, I'm not surprised that Mitchell is going to drop down to 4A at the first opportunity and I don't think they will be as dominating as they were in recent years.

Red Warrior:

I was never convinced that Mitchell was a legitimate contender early on in the season. I didn't like how they scheduled their non-district games either. Being in a city the size of Memphis will always allow a school to schedule good competition. In my opinion, Mitchell scheduled it's non district games to build up the win column and I'm sure that is ONE of the reasons their season ended early.

I have another reason why I believe that they weren't as good as they were in recent years, but it is only a theory and I don't want to start any rumors or anything. I will say this, however, I'm not surprised that Mitchell is going to drop down to 4A at the first opportunity and I don't think they will be as dominating as they were in recent years.

Thanks TraderB. I have always valued your opinions and I appreciate and respect your position on rumors.