One Last "Shout Out" to CPA Season

CPA4Ever

This is my last topic on CPA this year, but it is worthy to point out that CoachT had them with the 35th hardest schedule in 3A. Well, take a look at this.

-- CPA played 10 regular season games and went 5-5.

-- 8 of their 10 opponents qualified for the playoffs (in Ky. and TN.)

-- Of those eight playoff teams CPA played, they beat 3 by an average margin of 5 points. They lost to 5 by an average of 9 points.

-- The 8 playoff teams they played have a playoff record of 11-3 and 5 of them are still in the playoffs after 2 rounds.

-- The 5 still standing in their playoffs have a margin of victory over their playoff opponents of 22 points. They beat CPA by an average of 5 points in the regular season.

The 35th hardest schedule in 3A! I THINK NOT!

Proud of the Lions.

This is my last topic on CPA this year, but it is worthy to point out that CoachT had them with the 35th hardest schedule in 3A. Well, take a look at this.

-- Of those eight playoff teams CPA played, they beat 3 by an average margin of 5 points. They lost to 5 by an average of 9 points.

-- The 8 playoff teams they played have a playoff record of 11-3 and 5 of them are still in the playoffs after 2 rounds.

-- The 5 still standing in their playoffs have a margin of victory over their playoff opponents of 22 points. They beat CPA by an average of 5 points in the regular season.

Proud of the Lions.

You should think not. Read the legend at the top of the page where you saw the rankings. It says:

The Schedule Strength column (left) ranks teams based on the

average win percentage of their scheduled opponents.

The Strength + Success column (right) combines the opponent win percentage

from the left with the team's own win percentage. Teams that perform better

against opponents that perform better will rank higher.

CPA had the third hardest schedule in 3A per the schedule strength column. Their pedestrian 5-5 regular season record puts them at 35th when factoring in the team's success with that schedule.

You should think not. Read the legend at the top of the page where you saw the rankings. It says:

The Schedule Strength column (left) ranks teams based on the

average win percentage of their scheduled opponents.

The Strength + Success column (right) combines the opponent win percentage

from the left with the team's own win percentage. Teams that perform better

against opponents that perform better will rank higher.

CPA had the third hardest schedule in 3A per the schedule strength column. Their pedestrian 5-5 regular season record puts them at 35th when factoring in the team's success with that schedule.

My bad - you're right! Still hard to imagine 2 other teams with tougher schedule.

Proud of the Lions.

WHO CARES THERE SEASON IS OVER WITH!NEED A CRY TOWEL?