Can someone explain this seeding?

Whitey

Can someone please explain to me why Tullahoma is seeded number two to Columbia being seeded number one in their quadrant? Tullahoma won the district beating Columbia on the way to doing so while Columbia came in third in the district and lost to Tullahoma. This makes absolutely no common sense at all. The only reason that I can think of and I certainly hope this is not right is that the current head of TSSAA is from Columbia. Has favoritism or politics crept into TSSAA to affect the football playoffs? If not, then someone please provide a legitimate reason for this seeding.

Nice playoff system we got here...head to head or district championships mean nothing in our present playoff system....just your final overall record. :popcorneater:

That makes no sense at all. I can't speak for the other sports but I know that in soccer the team that wins the district gets the number one seed and the home field advantage. That carries all the way through the regionals. If they face a team in the regional championship from their own district, the team that won the district gets the number one seed and the home field. Does any other sport seed the teams like football? This would seem to encourage coaches to sand bag their season and play weaker teams just to have the better over all record. What nut came up with this system?

That makes no sense at all. I can't speak for the other sports but I know that in soccer the team that wins the district gets the number one seed and the home field advantage. That carries all the way through the regionals. If they face a team in the regional championship from their own district, the team that won the district gets the number one seed and the home field. Does any other sport seed the teams like football? This would seem to encourage coaches to sand bag their season and play weaker teams just to have the better over all record. What nut came up with this system?

With this system, district 1's & 2's are only guaranteed a playoff spot. Everyone else who gets in is a wildcard. Columbia in this case, is a wildcard. Head to head means nothing. Seeding is based primarily on overall record. So, Columbia's 8-2 record gets a higher seed than Tullahoma's 7-3 record. Is it fair? No, but it's the system we have. Just got to roll with it. :popcorneater:

With this system, district 1's & 2's are only guaranteed a playoff spot. Everyone else who gets in is a wildcard. Columbia in this case, is a wildcard. Head to head means nothing. Seeding is based primarily on overall record. So, Columbia's 8-2 record gets a higher seed than Tullahoma's 7-3 record. Is it fair? No, but it's the system we have. Just got to roll with it. :popcorneater:

Just got to roll with it :roflol::roflol::roflol:

As wrong as it might be it is still the system we have in place. It seems fitting that to advance past the '8-AAA' playoff quadrant you have to go through Columbia, the defending champ.

The fields are the same dimension in both places. Both have concession stands and rest rooms and cheerleaders and such. This game will not be won or lost because of location, but yet because of which team plays the best.

Let there be no excuses, only maximum effort. All possibilities are open.

• Upvote 1

As wrong as it might be it is still the system we have in place. It seems fitting that to advance past the '8-AAA' playoff quadrant you have to go through Columbia, the defending champ.

The fields are the same dimension in both places. Both have concession stands and rest rooms and cheerleaders and such. This game will not be won or lost because of location, but yet because of which team plays the best.

Let there be no excuses, only maximum effort. All possibilities are open.

Defending champs, the Beech Buccaneers are sitting at home. They lost in the 1st round.