2011 Huntingdon Football

PudorField

Someone said something about dropping Milan. Has Huntingdon set their schedule for the next two years yet? Who are the five non-district games. Did you schedule more single a teams or are you still scheduling up? You guys should not be down long. Too much talent in Huntingdon not to make significant runs in the single A playoffs every year.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the biggest things I see not only with Huntingdon but with other schools in our area is the mind set of "We are a wing-t school or we play this defense and that is all we are going to do."

Adjust your offense to your personal. If you don't have the athletes to run the wing-t or double wing, you will never be successful.

8319:

Yes I have close ties with the current coach. He is from my home town and runs an offense that i LOVE to watch. I am not saying these young men aren't going to be good people in life. But in any sport, if you walk away and dont want to play, its probably because you found something else more important. Those aren't folks you want on your team when the "times get rough". Say Huntingdon dressed out 65 players. But only half wanted to be there in uniform. What the difference in that and having 30 players that WANT to play. Those kids might be good at another sport, but the arguement here isnt about those kids quitting other sports. Its about football!

Pudorfield said, "you cant run off kids in a small program like Huntingdon's". I have never heard of a coach intentionally running off players unless they were discipline problems. Sounds likes Pudorfield just cant stand nothing the Huntingdon coaching staff does, because it isnt in agreement with his own personal opinions. How selfish!! What if everybody did what everybody wanted. You have have 1,000 coaches. Sounds like the problem at Huntingdon isnt the coaching, isnt people outside the program wanting things done their way.

VolsandTitans1:

This is a good post! I agree that an offense has to change according to personel. BUT up here in Alcoa, Coach Rankin has more athletes than anybody. With that arsenal of weapons if he ran a wing T or Single Wing system he would could whip anybody. But he chooses to keep it pretty vanilla and run the ball and play good defense.

I came and watched the Milan game. Huntingdon ran a true wing t. I came and watched the Mckenzie game and Huntingdon ran the OLD SINGLE WING. I thought those adjustments suited the team well!! I think all people will agree with that!

The only problem with Huntingdon this year was a defense that just couldnt stop anybody. I didnt come the Lake Co game, because it would be from one corner of the state to the other. But Huntingdon game up 50 points. However they scored 49. Defense was the thing this year that kept Huntingdon from advancing in the playoffs or winning more football games during the regular season. The problem is not Coach Swenson or a name change on the stadium!!

Someone said something about dropping Milan. Has Huntingdon set their schedule for the next two years yet? Who are the five non-district games. Did you schedule more single a teams or are you still scheduling up? You guys should not be down long. Too much talent in Huntingdon not to make significant runs in the single A playoffs every year.

Huntingdon dropped Milan and Dyer County. Trenton and South Gibson were added in those two spots.

8319:

Yes I have close ties with the current coach. He is from my home town and runs an offense that i LOVE to watch. I am not saying these young men aren't going to be good people in life. But in any sport, if you walk away and dont want to play, its probably because you found something else more important. Those aren't folks you want on your team when the "times get rough". Say Huntingdon dressed out 65 players. But only half wanted to be there in uniform. What the difference in that and having 30 players that WANT to play. Those kids might be good at another sport, but the arguement here isnt about those kids quitting other sports. Its about football!

Pudorfield said, "you cant run off kids in a small program like Huntingdon's". I have never heard of a coach intentionally running off players unless they were discipline problems. Sounds likes Pudorfield just cant stand nothing the Huntingdon coaching staff does, because it isnt in agreement with his own personal opinions. How selfish!! What if everybody did what everybody wanted. You have have 1,000 coaches. Sounds like the problem at Huntingdon isnt the coaching, isnt people outside the program wanting things done their way.

VolsandTitans1:

This is a good post! I agree that an offense has to change according to personel. BUT up here in Alcoa, Coach Rankin has more athletes than anybody. With that arsenal of weapons if he ran a wing T or Single Wing system he would could whip anybody. But he chooses to keep it pretty vanilla and run the ball and play good defense.

I came and watched the Milan game. Huntingdon ran a true wing t. I came and watched the Mckenzie game and Huntingdon ran the OLD SINGLE WING. I thought those adjustments suited the team well!! I think all people will agree with that!

The only problem with Huntingdon this year was a defense that just couldnt stop anybody. I didnt come the Lake Co game, because it would be from one corner of the state to the other. But Huntingdon game up 50 points. However they scored 49. Defense was the thing this year that kept Huntingdon from advancing in the playoffs or winning more football games during the regular season. The problem is not Coach Swenson or a name change on the stadium!!

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the head coach also in charge of defense? Making sure that it is appropriately taught and understood by players, and adjusted when necessary. Many may make the assertation that offense won Huntingdon its one and only championship. I would say that HHS won their championship due to two things: Terrance Bell's speed and an outstanding defense that gave up very little.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't the head coach also in charge of defense? Making sure that it is appropriately taught and understood by players, and adjusted when necessary. Many may make the assertation that offense won Huntingdon its one and only championship. I would say that HHS won their championship due to two things: Terrance Bell's speed and an outstanding defense that gave up very little.

Agreed. TBell could go. And you are correct, defense wins championships.

Well, another year is in the books. Let's see.........we beat Bruceton, West Carroll, Dresden, Gleason and South Fulton. I guess that was all we were supposed to win because we've been told by the powers to be that we can't compete against Camden, Milan and Westview anymore. They're bigger schools than we are. I don't think those schools just got bigger than Huntingdon in the past 3 or 4 years. Heck, we can't even compete with McKenzie anymore. I argue that those teams coaches have a lot to do with it!!!

We saw our numbers drop to a new low in recent history. Only had 40+ boys dress out this season. We have been having close to 70. But, the coaches said they were going to thin them out when fall practice began. I hope they ran the right ones off. I don't think our coaches know what that freshman or sophomore will look like when he is a senior. As a small school, we can't afford to thin the boys out that much.

Folks, tradition at Huntingdon is dwindling away and way too fast. They even took "Paul Ward Stadium" off the front of the pressbox. At least a few fans put the Mustang statue in the endzone in honor of C. H. Pudor. I guess we should be proud that no one in the administration stopped that.

Mustang Fans, it's time to get our heads out of the sand and demand change. Oh, I almost forgot..........it's the boys fault that our program is slipping. If you really believe that, then you have reallly bought in with what is going on at HHS.

You my friend are this town's problem. Take your negative attitude somewhere else and dont bother calling yourself a Mustang fan or supporter. You're probably one of those that left games in the middle of the 4th quarter. This team next year will be pretty solid if some guys step up. Great coaching will have these boys ready. The only negative part of this season will be people like this guy in the stands.

GO BLUE!

Edited by sodexo