Knox West @ Columbia

RunninRebels

I know a little about Columbia. They are friggin' huge. They have a Ga. Tech commitment (54) who is 6'2" 307 that can flat run. He manhandled Catholic's UT commitment all game long and he's a great player at 6'5" 300. They have another guy (50) who is 6' 300. They could have the best D line I have seen in a long time if not ever in high school ball. They start 9 seniors and 2 juniors on defense. One of the juniors is 6'3" def back who is the coaches son. They are big, fast and good. Plus, the 4 hour trip for West has to help out the home team.

The good news for West is that Columbias big guys play both ways. West has no two way players, so they should have an advantage in the fourth qtr. West will have great support down there. There are two student busses, two booster busses, plus the band. I think the winner of this game, just may well end up being 5A state champ.

Yes, Columbia is friggin' huge. They have the G. Tech commit Shaq Mason who is the biggest, fastest, most explosive linemen I have ever seen. They also have the big guy #50, who dominated an all-state linemen from Tullahoma last week. BUT, you also forget about BIG Kenneth Hughes(#78). He is 6'6", 310 pounds and has recieved offers from a few SEC schools. Don't forget about him. He is a load to block. And the linebacker Tra'darrius Goff. He is a big time player. Somebody said in an earlier post that Knox. West is on a roll and will be hard to be beat. I think the same could be said about Columbia. They are definitely on a roll, and are a VERY good team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Columbia is friggin' huge. They have the G. Tech commit Shaq Mason who is the biggest, fastest, most explosive linemen I have ever seen. They also have the big guy #50, who dominated an all-state linemen from Tullahoma last week. BUT, you also forget about BIG Kenneth Hughes(#78). He is 6'6", 310 pounds and has recieved offers from a few SEC schools. Don't forget about him. He is a load to block. And the linebacker Tra'darrius Goff. He is a big time player. Somebody said in an earlier post that Knox. West is on a roll and will be hard to be beat. I think the same could be said about Columbia. They are definitely on a roll, and are a VERY good team.

It is rather freakish to watch a 6'3" 307 run down QB and RB's from behind. 20 tackles against Catholic.

Hahahaha I hope somebody kicks the crap out of them. They wouldn't survive in a West's district. They would have 4 or 5 losses! :roflolk: But this is West and Columbia so :popcorneater:

Them stay of greenevilles thread you scrub, you said u think ur the best team in the state?????? honestly ur not top 25, ur gonna lose this week to columbia..haha, best team in the state :roflol:

It is rather freakish to watch a 6'3" 307 run down QB and RB's from behind. 20 tackles against Catholic.

Could not agree more. I would hate to call plays for Knox. West. You CAN'T run up the middle against Columbia, they are to big. It is also hard to run outside of the tackles because Columbia's 300 pounders have the ability to run down people from behind. Good Luck generating any offense!!!

Shouid be a close game. I yhink Columbia will wear West down in the 4th qrt to get the w

Why in heck isn't the staff at UT recruiting the kids at Columbia????

Mason has commited to Georgia TEch which is a sin cause hes one of

the best linemen in the south and the Vols are letting him get away

wtf??????? As for Goff, he is better RIGHT NOW than any linebacker

UT has...why arent they trying to sign the guy. I've heard coaches

think he to short at five ten but he looks plenty big enough to me

I would think they would want Hughes too..that guy is massive. Heck,

I would also be interested in Belew and no 5 although they are under

classmen...UT needs to get going here...

Golly ---- reading these posts ----why the heck should West make the trip to play the game? Lets just hand them the title right now.

This isn't Columbia's first rodeo.... this is a team that went to the dance last year. Yes, they didn't go home with the girl.... but they know what it takes to get it done.

Let the boy's play the game.... let em have some fun.... hope for a good hard fought game .... and see who comes out on top.

Both Schools have had an amazing run.... when you get to this point in the playoffs your going to play a darn good team and which ever team has the better night will win ..... it's a coin toss.

Me? I'm looking forward to watching some great High School Football.

Edited by CrossKeys

Murder that actually is a very good question, and if you have any connections or friends up there, it needs to be asked of them. Mason has gone from 6' to 6'3" fairly recently. Maybe that explains it? Personally, I have learned it must be all about height......

Mason is simply looking at the quality of the education. Take that however you want to. I'm a UT fan. I'm not sure ed will matter much. He will be playing on Sundays if he stays heathy. Take a good look at him and remember what you see.

Edited by BobBBucks

I agree that Mason is a good enough player to go to UT. He really impressed me when i saw him play in the play-offs. For the other Columbia players they are good enough to go to a D1AA or D2 school not the SEC. What helps Goff out is having Mason and Hughes at DT keeping O lineman off of him so he can make plays, its a little differen't when a O lineman gets a hand on him he doesn't make as many plays. There is a big step from Highschool and playing at UT