Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

What non-region teams will D-B play? I miss their annual game versus Oak Ridge!

Farrragut,Clinton and Sevier County are games 1,2 and 4.Sullivan South is game 3 and Boone is game five,so we will see quickly how our record is going to look for the regular season.I liked playing Oak Ridge as well and enjoyed very much my last trip down there.They have a great football tradition and my favorite pregame after DB's walk.

My first impression of this years team is that we have some big boys.I'll even say real big boys.It looked like about four or five were all around 300,or not far from it either way.I can't wait to see how it pans out on the offensive line.I seen a couple of quick looking lineman that will see the field and know size is great but you better be able to move like my favorite offensive lineman .Coach Holt should have another stable at linebacker and I look forward to seeing who is on the right side defensive end this year,opposite my favorite defensive lineman.We should be very exciting in the skill department and hope this team can make some noise early and be hitting on all 8 come playoff time.

Ok BM I like you and all but lets be honest here. Your favorite lineman is big and strong but movement it not in his favorable category. We will have a few good lineman this year but experience will hurt us to. Hunter Holt will dominate the O line this year if placed there and DE position, either or. This kid has a mean streak in him with alot of heart and thats a awesome combination to add to strength. Nick Sensabaugh will step up and do a good job as well. We are in good shape at QB and in the back field so it will lay on the O Line and D line. Our linebackers are in good shape to. Looking forward to it!

Ok BM I like you and all but lets be honest here. Your favorite lineman is big and strong but movement it not in his favorable category. We will have a few good lineman this year but experience will hurt us to. Hunter Holt will dominate the O line this year if placed there and DE position, either or. This kid has a mean streak in him with alot of heart and thats a awesome combination to add to strength. Nick Sensabaugh will step up and do a good job as well. We are in good shape at QB and in the back field so it will lay on the O Line and D line. Our linebackers are in good shape to. Looking forward to it!

What does the depth at QB and the backfield look like? Since CC is still playing baseball the 2nd and 3rd string should be getting plenty of time.

Edited by NotaDBfan

What does the depth at QB and the backfield look like? Since CC is still playing baseball the 2nd and 3rd string should be getting plenty of time.

The way it looks at QB is Cook is the man but out with baseball and Foreman 2nd and out with track and we have White present at 3rd. The backfield all out with track Swafford, Slaughter, Foreman , Barger and I dont see much depth there right now except for one kid at full back, Zack Casey (I think) he looks promising. It's early so we will see how they develope. I personaly would have Foreman at WR and return! He is extremley fast! He beat Devron Young at the track meet and is considered one of the if not the fastest kid in east TN. He has to keep his eye on the ball and not drop it. Fundamental skill he should be able to master.

Edited by IndianNation

The way it looks at QB is Cook is the man but out with baseball and Foreman 2nd and out with track and we have White present at 3rd. The backfield all out with track Swafford, Slaughter, Foreman , Barger and I dont see much depth there right now except for one kid at full back, Zack Casey (I think) he looks promising. It's early so we will see how they develope. I personaly would have Foreman at WR and return! He is extremley fast! He beat Devron Young at the track meet and is considered one of the if not the fastest kid in east TN. He has to keep his eye on the ball and not drop it. Fundamental skill he should be able to master.

Wow I knew Foreman was fast, but not that fast. I saw Swafford the other day and it looked like he has put on some size. I agree about Zack Casey. I believe he will be one to watch.

Well,Hunter would be my favorite defensive lineman that I was talking about and I hope he doesn't have to go on the O-line.Nick will be a special player before he is done,you can see that he has the size and speed to be great at the next level after he has a fine career at DB.A lot of shifting around can happen before the season starts and both these guys could end up on both sides of the ball as could Hayworth but I hope we are deep enough to let everyone get some rest.

Tryin to find out when D-B has a spring game?

I think they go to Halls next Friday .We have a lot of skill players in other sports and it would be bad for us to scrimmage in a game type of format.It will be good for our big boys but maybe like pulling teeth to get any rhythm on offense.

I think they go to Halls next Friday .We have a lot of skill players in other sports and it would be bad for us to scrimmage in a game type of format.It will be good for our big boys but maybe like pulling teeth to get any rhythm on offense.

Agreed,So has the ex-coach of SEast/GCity joined D-B's staff?If so whats his coaching?And i heard Foreman was goin to play some WR.I know its early but have you heard anything on us?

Agreed,So has the ex-coach of SEast/GCity joined D-B's staff?If so whats his coaching?And i heard Foreman was goin to play some WR.I know its early but have you heard anything on us?

I watched parts of a few practices this week and just enjoyed them.I don't know if the new coach I seen was the coach your talking about or ask anyone about him.I watched the big boys and linebackers for the most.We have some talent as every year,but how deep and how good we are will take time.I like watching the young guys grow up against the older boys.It worries you to death however, when you have a 9th grader out there againt guys that are old enough to join the army.That's part of making them tough young men on fridays and our staff does a great job every year.

I watched parts of a few practices this week and just enjoyed them.I don't know if the new coach I seen was the coach your talking about or ask anyone about him.I watched the big boys and linebackers for the most.We have some talent as every year,but how deep and how good we are will take time.I like watching the young guys grow up against the older boys.It worries you to death however, when you have a 9th grader out there againt guys that are old enough to join the army.That's part of making them tough young men on fridays and our staff does a great job every year.

Thanks 4 the update. :thumb:

The X GC coach is there and on staff. We look pretty loaded this year except for the line (on both sides of the ball). I think we will have the fastest player in East Tn. this year in Foreman. Should be fun to watch Cook throwing to him when they get their timing down.