Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

Carolina.I've seen some of the athletes at DB that just will not play.I ask several players about them and they said they and the coaches have tried to get them out for football.I've watched DB on the practice field in spring and fall more then most in the last falf dozen years.I'm not saying because a kid doesn't play that he is lazy.Yes it would be better if you had 11 starting on both sides.Until injurys got us last year ,we started different guys on the offensive and defensive lines.Injuries killed us two years ago on the line.If you think the coaches didn't look for the best defensive backfield last year,then you should have watched a few more practices.It just ended up being that Chris was our best option at one dog{I don't think many would disagree that seen those killer hits}Sean was one of our fastest players and as an all conference defensive back two years ago,we didn't have a better choice{South played their stud QB both ways a few years ago}.We did rest Cannon on offense more.DS was all-state on defense but as one of the fastest players in the conference,we needed him to stretch the field on offense.We still had some short comings and tried to play many different guys back during the year.Everyone seen at Boone that we were getting burnt and it wasn't our two way players most of the time.I wish every kid could play the same amount of time,but it's very competitive at the high school level and yes these kids better become men when they step out on friday nights.I tell you from three years ago at Oak Ridge when my son,Carter and Bateman had to go against those monster tackles {one was 6'5 347pounds}That was no place for a kid,our guys had to be men,and Chris was the baddest man on the offense side that night.The coaches can only do so much and we have a fine bunch at DB.It starts at home and a kid has to want it to become a man on friday nights.Every kid is just not going to be an athlete or a football player.Most are not gifted and that's where work ethic has to take place.

Well BM i guess i just expect alot more from a 6a school.No disrespect but if all DB has is a couple good players that play both ways and the rest of them aint good enuff.That tells me that DB is a local power and thats all there very going to be.i Guess some people are content with were they are as a team.alot of 10-1,9-2 and nothing to show for it.Ive seen alot of great teams living in NC,GA,VA,SC and until they can step up theyll always be a good team {nothing great}.But i guess the DB fanbase are happy with that.

Last thing,We dont need a team full of all stars.It would be nice.we need a few stars and some good and descend ones to help.Do you know how much better we would have been if all our O-Players could have rested until it was time to go back out,The same with the D-Players.Its like swimming,Ive heard alot of people tell this there on way,and heres mine.My oldest brother taught me to swim.He pushed me in the pool and said sink or swim.Samething as im sayin.Put some of these kids out there and say.PLAY BALL or get RUN OVER and MADE a FOOL of.You win ethier way.The ones that want to play will listen in practice and try harder cause he knows hes going to be in the spot light.The ones that dont will get made a FOOL of and my guess QUIT and walk away.And in that case we dont need them on the team anyway.I helped coach my JV team back home for 2 yrs as a VOL.And we never had a 2 way and nethier did the VARSITY team.As fans,parents,alumi we have a right to give some input.These are our kids and friends.BATMAN or any DB fan or WHOEVER tell me what u think?Do i sound dumb?Is this something that really can happen?Does it not make sense?Stop makin excuses,go recriut tell your kids to.even if there not playin.HOW STUPID IS IT TO HAVE A TEAM OF 80 OR SO AND ONLY PLAY 18 WITH ABUNCH OF THEM GOING 2 WAYS?

Just in case your not aware of this, Our JV team dresses out with the varsity to make the 70-80 players and most of the JV starters are our second team Varsity.

Carolina.Dobyns-Bennett has had a few years of bad luck at the playoff level but they have been one of the best teams in the state several times in the last dozen years or so years with state semi's games three times and two of those loses were very close to the state champs in 1998 and 2000.I call that plus all the old records {most wins in the states history and 13 voted state titles}a little better then being a local power house.Just because DB has a few students doesn't mean they don't have a few at several of the Knoxville area schools as well.Sevier co,Ooltewah,Bearden,Farragut have had a year or two mixed in and Oak Ridge has played some football for many years.Now they play a little football at Maryville as well in 6A.If teams get past East TN,then the Nashville power house teams are waiting.Nobody should ever be happy 100% without a title,but there are a lot of fine players and teams around the state that have a little bit to do with why it's very hard to win a title.If it was so easy to do,then upper east TN would not have went four decades without a title in 1A-2A-3A-4A-5A-6A TSSAA football.

BM,trust me im not putting DB down by no means.I just see that theres alot more talent at DB than 18 kids.I know it takes alot of hard work to call yourself a champ and luck does play a part.But theres nothing you or anybody else is going to say on here to make me understand a 6a school with close to 2000 kids dont have enuff kids to have no 2 ways but maybe 2 or 3.And if thats the ase.Then the coaches need to step back and take a look and see why dont kids want to play.And dont say hard work,Its something more.There great coaches at DB and im not sayin theres not.Just like they changed Off. this yr,They need to make some changes in getting kids to come out.You have a Good f-ball team yr in and yr out and you told me in a comment earlier.seniors try to get kids to come out.and they want.THEN ASK YOURSELF.WHY DOES A TOP 6a TEAM HAVE PROBLEMS GETTING KIDS TO COME OUT AND PLAY?2000 KIDS NOW?YOU TELL ME.DB has the fanbase.thats for sure.

Edited by DBfanFromNC

Carolina.Dobyns-Bennett has had a few years of bad luck at the playoff level but they have been one of the best teams in the state several times in the last dozen years or so years with state semi's games three times and two of those loses were very close to the state champs in 1998 and 2000.I call that plus all the old records {most wins in the states history and 13 voted state titles}a little better then being a local power house.Just because DB has a few students doesn't mean they don't have a few at several of the Knoxville area schools as well.Sevier co,Ooltewah,Bearden,Farragut have had a year or two mixed in and Oak Ridge has played some football for many years.Now they play a little football at Maryville as well in 6A.If teams get past East TN,then the Nashville power house teams are waiting.Nobody should ever be happy 100% without a title,but there are a lot of fine players and teams around the state that have a little bit to do with why it's very hard to win a title.If it was so easy to do,then upper east TN would not have went four decades without a title in 1A-2A-3A-4A-5A-6A TSSAA football.

The local powerhouse is all you will have, PERIOD!!!!!!! FOR NOW. Never a "legit" State Championship. SH will have a better chance in years to come. BANK ON IT!!!!!! :thumb:

I was going to let it go.When you start "BANKING" on Science Hill against Dobyns-Bennett in football.Don't forget that you have already written 17 bad checks in a row.

Our football program is heading in the right direction, I know it and you will soon. It won't take Stacy long to get the players to buy in. It's probably time for yourself and WhackOff for a comeback of "winningest program" in the nation and all those MYTHICAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. If you need to see what a Boys State Championship trophy looks like, come on over. We have 3 gold balls in our trophy case. Oh and by the way they are not back in the 1920's. :roflol:

Our football program is heading in the right direction, I know it and you will soon. It won't take Stacy long to get the players to buy in. It's probably time for yourself and WhackOff for a comeback of "winningest program" in the nation and all those MYTHICAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. If you need to see what a Boys State Championship trophy looks like, come on over. We have 3 gold balls in our trophy case. Oh and by the way they are not back in the 1920's. :roflol:

You fools said the same thing about Gilligan. Stacy Carter couldn't beat DB's worst team in 25 years and the Toppers haven't beat us since the early 90's. Great combination. :) "Two losers don't make a winner"

Anybody have any information on spring practices or any news we should here about? Roll Tribe. I'm counting the days until the season starts. I hate basketball.

Talked to Burton and I ask him how things was looking and he said we look pretty good except the O Line but the development from now till the season will be crucial for that group. He said Ty and Justin will do fine but some major work has to be done. He said our freshman group last year was one of the biggest in size we've had in a long time but also one of the worst. He wished we could have our O line from last year with this group and we would be in good shape. Thats just conversation talk and he also said Hall broke the bench press record (even though he is gone)and that Barrret is pushing them hard in the weight room. The new coach from GC is there. Not much, but a little info.

Oh good grief! This might be the most embarrassing thing I've ever read rolling out of Johnson City and that's saying something. "Science Hill?? Science Hill???" ....talkng any smack about football at all? Really? You've been btch slapped for two decades, you can't keep a Southern Conference college program in your own town, you change coaches like George Michael changes boyfriends, and you even mention football?? Then, the icing on the cake, you challenge us to come over to JC to look at "real gold balls"..........and they're from BASKETBALL!!!!!!! BWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can't even begin to put into words what a tool you look like. You personifie exactly what D-B fans think of when they picture a topper football fan. I'm thinking that a collection of Elton John and Boy George albums aren't far from your bed. Priceless, absolutely priceless!!

Who has to replace Chris Sensabaugh next year as fullback? has some big shoes to fill

The backfield is not set in stone as of yet, especially if we get that one transfer we think we will get. Cook at QB, Swafford and Patrick(if he transfers in from Clinton)at the two runningback positions and the full back could be anyone of a couple from last year. Just depends on who steps it up. Foreman will probably be a receiver. On second thought, the fullback position could be filled by a freshman. The Ketron kid from Robinson is big and strong and is also a middle school track champion and should be considered to compete for that job if the coaches give him the shot. Usually when we are expected to have a great year(last year)we come up short, but it's the years we are supposed to be down a little that we make it a little deeper in the playoffs. So, maybe this year??? I can't wait. :thumb: