Summertown @ Lawrence County

volunteercat56

Many years overdue, Summertown and Lawrence County will play each other for the first time in what seems like forever. This game is Friday night @ 6:00 p.m.at Lawrenceburg. Look forward to a great crowd and great atmosphere. What are your thoughts about the game?

Should be a great game. IF summertown doesn't get outrebound as bad as they did against Spring Hill Summertown should win. I think that Summertown could run with anybody but they have alot of trouble on the glass. Can't wait to see it.

If they can't run with Lawrence Co, this could be a tough game for the Eagles. The overall speed of Lawrence County with Trent Garland and Shelley Young could give anybody fits. Lawrence Co. is also hard to defend when they are shooting well, and are very beatable when they don't shoot well, which was evident against Giles Co.

I am so ready for this game!!!!! Still a little over 5 hours before the girls game, and already I am in my blue and white!!!! If the boys from Summertown are as good as advertised (predicted final four appearance in class a by the tennessean) this could be a long night for LCHS. Lets go EAGLES!!!!!!! Lets make Mr Dun remember why he stopped allowing this game to be scheduled!!!!!

Wont happen in Summertown!!!!!!! That was one of the most disappointinly refereed game I have seen in some time. Call it both ways!!!!!!!! All night long, our dribble drive was effective and was leaving the shooter open in the corner and on the wing----I havent seen a team collapse on the dribble drive as bad as LCHS---our guards have to see it and kick it back out to our shooters and you would be buried. Summertown will beat them by 15 or 20 the next time and there won't be any dunks either.

Vandy Chris, has Summertown received word that Lebron James or Kobe Bryant will suit up for the rematch at Summertown? This must be true for you to make a RIDICULOUS statement like Summertown will beat the wildcats by 20 points next time. Quit whining about the officiating. The game was called fairly for both teams. The intentional and technical fouls called were both deserved. Otherwise, the referees did a good job calling the game. The fact that you will be playing in summertown makes ZERO difference. I think Summertown brought their A game. They shot the ball exceptionally well, and still got dominated for the most part. And yes, there is a pretty dang good chance that there will be a dunk at Summertown. Give Shelley Young his respect. He posterized your boy last night.

Wont happen in Summertown!!!!!!! That was one of the most disappointinly refereed game I have seen in some time. Call it both ways!!!!!!!! All night long, our dribble drive was effective and was leaving the shooter open in the corner and on the wing----I havent seen a team collapse on the dribble drive as bad as LCHS---our guards have to see it and kick it back out to our shooters and you would be buried. Summertown will beat them by 15 or 20 the next time and there won't be any dunks either.

The only difference in the next game will probably be about 2500 fans and indoor plumbing!

Vandy Chris, has Summertown received word that Lebron James or Kobe Bryant will suit up for the rematch at Summertown? This must be true for you to make a RIDICULOUS statement like Summertown will beat the wildcats by 20 points next time. Quit whining about the officiating. The game was called fairly for both teams. The intentional and technical fouls called were both deserved. Otherwise, the referees did a good job calling the game. The fact that you will be playing in summertown makes ZERO difference. I think Summertown brought their A game. They shot the ball exceptionally well, and still got dominated for the most part. And yes, there is a pretty dang good chance that there will be a dunk at Summertown. Give Shelley Young his respect. He posterized your boy last night.

You know that Vandy Chris is sitting around wondering who Lebron an Kobe are now. They didn't play at Summertown, so he has probably never heard of them.

Also, Nice Dunn reference. He's only been gone about three years.

VandyChris, just how many high school basketball games have you witnessed? If you are disappointed in that officiated game, you need to get out and get in a gymnasium more often.

The Eagles played well, but those Wildcats outplayed them. You say there will be no dunks in Summertown. That could be a true statement in that no player, not even a Wildcat, wants to hit either baseline wall NOR get caught up in the rafters. The statement about Mr. Dunn... Give me a break. Us Eagles better be ready when they come north.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

You know that Vandy Chris is sitting around wondering who Lebron an Kobe are now. They didn't play at Summertown, so he has probably never heard of them.

Also, Nice Dunn reference. He's only been gone about three years.

Ok, Micky is still the director of testing and attendance within the Law Co School Board, so clearly you didnt research that statement. And yes, it was him that I was speaking to face to face after the game when he declared, yet again, that it serves no purpose for Lawrenceburg to play Summertown. He is not the only Law Co school administrator to say the same thing Friday night. A certain vice principal that happens to be married to one of the coaches said the very same thing. So lets go there--if it serves no purpose for them to play us, then what purpose does it serve for you to play Loretto, Giles County, Hickman County, or Lewis County---they are all smaller schools, too.

As for the officiating. The offensive foul called prior to the technical was absurd. You know it, I know it, anyone at the game knows it. I have no problem with the intentional early in the game. But in the same respect, just after that intentional, Stown had the ball and the Law Co defender reached out and slapped our pt guard on the hand just to be doing it. He intentionally did this, yet we did not get the same call. Your boy Shelly Young, in the first half slapped the backboard--no call. That is suppose to be a T. When the official stood over Coach True and demanded him to insert his replacement after the T was ludicrous. He has 2 full minutes to make that replacement, not a few seconds, as he was acting like he had.

I will go on to say that Young will not dunk it at Summertown. You must admit that past Eagle teams would not have allowed that to happen, he would have been fouled hard before he ever got to the lane. Our guards were not seeing the defense collapse all night long on the dribble penetration---when they look back at the tape and see all of the open shooters, it will b a different story in Summertown. To say that we shot very well Friday night is a stretch. Jordan Chard had a very off night shooting the ball, the only one that shot halfway decent was Bubba Clifton.

Vandychris,

As a fan of the Eagles...I am asking you to step away from the keyboard and take a break.

Coach True???

2 minutes to replace a player? (no clue dude)

Chard--Off night shooting (6 of 9 from behind the arc-18 points)

Clifton shot halfway decent---(11 points?)

Man, what game were you at?

Officiating will always be officiating. The difference in the game...Down 24-22 midway in the 2nd, I believe LC went on a 17-4 run to finish the half and the Eagles never recovered. We turned the ball over too much and gave away too many possessions.

Hopefully it will be a different game at SHS. Go Eagles!