Webb v. Alcoa in 2011

WebbSpartans

Click here to see how Webb will kick off 2011.

Thanks for the info - hope for good games by all schools involved. The article makes no mention of the $3500 "offer" alleged by an Alcoa fan in another thread which was supposedly made to lure some of the DII-AA "big boys" into this series. Was that part of this deal, or was that "offer" just more fluff???

Thanks for the info - hope for good games by all schools involved. The article makes no mention of the $3500 "offer" alleged by an Alcoa fan in another thread which was supposedly made to lure some of the DII-AA "big boys" into this series. Was that part of this deal, or was that "offer" just more fluff???

My understanding is that there are some area businesses paying for travel expenses...which is probably close to $3500 for schools in middle or west Tn.

• 2 weeks later...

Props to Webb for stepping up but from what I've seen Webb and Goodpasture are very similar teams, thus I expect a similar result. Should be a great night for east TN HS football though.

I am afraid you will have to wait til next 2012. But why bother? Or spend the money? I would suggest you go to the other area schools that night. Surely it will be be more competitive. We are just a weeeee private school. :popcorneater:

And while we are at it (and I will stop here), why do we not hear about Alcoa playing up? Surely you want some more competition in your region. :rolleyes:

Edited by WebbSpartans

I am afraid you will have to wait til next year. But why bother? Or spend the money? I would suggest you to the other area schools. Surely it will be be more competitive. We are just a weeeee private school. :popcorneater:

And while we are at it (and I will stop here), why do we not hear about Alcoa playing up? Surely you want some more competition in your region. :rolleyes:

You guys are playing Maryville in 2011. BTW I guess you can call next season's schedule as "playing up." :flower: