Signal Mountain Eagles

smeagleproud

The Eagles are off to a great preseason already. It looks like it's going to be a GREAT year!

Saw them play this summer at Chattanooga Team Camp. Very talented squad. Footballers got frustrated and started taking a few cheap shots at their opponents. If they control emotions they have a chance to have a good year in basketball also. If they don't, they will be in foul trouble in big games.

Saw them play this summer at Chattanooga Team Camp. Very talented squad. Footballers got frustrated and started taking a few cheap shots at their opponents. If they control emotions they have a chance to have a good year in basketball also. If they don't, they will be in foul trouble in big games.

I saw alot of their play at UTC. We have one footballer who's never really played basketball before. I suspect you may have seen him play. He's a great athlete and will get it under control. Overall a great bunch of kids. If the footballers win a state championship next week, it may take them a little while to get back in the game on the court :), but I know they're already talking about it and looking forward to basketball. Luckily, I think we have a little more depth this year than last. We won't be starting any 8th graders. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Football is over with a State Title in the trophy case. I'm now looking forward to seeing how we do on the hardwood. I did go to an early game without the football players and I was impressed. With the addition of the football players I see us winning 20 games in the regular season. Provided they play with the same heart the football team played with and we avoid any injuries to key players. I think it will take the football players a couple of weeks to get their legs but we should have enough depth to get through the first couple of weeks in good shape. :thumb:

Football is over with a State Title in the trophy case. I'm now looking forward to seeing how we do on the hardwood. I did go to an early game without the football players and I was impressed. With the addition of the football players I see us winning 20 games in the regular season. Provided they play with the same heart the football team played with and we avoid any injuries to key players. I think it will take the football players a couple of weeks to get their legs but we should have enough depth to get through the first couple of weeks in good shape. :thumb:

Troll ain't never been too fond of the roundball, but I'z gonna try.:mrgreen: