6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Not 2nd in our Quadrant...Riverdale was 2nd in Quad 2. Maryville was 2nd in our Quad...we were just lucky to make the playoffs after losing to little ole Alcoa in week 1.

EXACTLY you were a 2 seed and finished 1st in your district and Riverdale was a 2 seed in thier Quad and finished 4th in our district figure that and our 8th seed won their district!!!!!!! Tells strength of schedule doesn't it then.

you're right big dawg hit squat, that soft schedule hasn't paid off for years... i'll just put my good ole boy rear end in the seat on saturday and hope for the best. i'm praying the little fellers from maryville can put together a couple of plays to compete with you guys...i know they are pretty nervous, having never been there before. icon_e_wink.gif

ha ha ! nice try but we dont under estimate anybody ....

Just want to make sure that I understand your logic. You are saying any team that doesn't win more than six games in regular season is soft. Remind me how many wins did your team have in 2008 and 2009? 5-5 last year and 6-4 in 2008...were those teams soft?

ok you made it clear, you dont understand! nowhere did i say that. i said you have a soft schedule this year.

and yes we went 5-5 and 6-4 and were not able to get into the playoffs .most of the teams you played in the east bracket post season this year were 6-4. try to use logic to figure where i am going with this . dude why are you getting so upset im not making this stuff up. you had a soft schedule during the season and in the playoffs.

when you beat us then you can really beat your chest or do a Rebel yell or whatever ....yeeeeeehaaaaa!

This is just what I expected after viewing previous 7AAA , Rutherford co. threads . Let's not lower ourselves to talking smack fellow Maryville fans , let's let our young men do our talking on the field . Why give them Bulletin board material when they're being so generous in giving us so much we'll need bigger boards !! :roflol:

I'll take that bet!

31-21...REBELS!

Last year was the worst Maryville team I have seen since 2000. I can't imagine they are that much improved. Sure, they made it back....again, but we'll see how it goes.

If Smyrna takes care of business like they have the last 4 or 5 weeks, I think they should bring the trophy home.

Smyrna 38

Maryville 17

Here are some numbers to consider...

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0

Ensworth (Smyrna's Week 4 opponent) is in the finals of DII-AA. Does that not count as a playoff team on Smyrna's schedule?

I would say it counts they were an opponent

Week 4

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......1

Consided Ensworth is ranked number ONE in the state and 29th in the nation

All Rankings as of 11-22-10

Lets see we Smyrna put out of the playoffs

Brentwood ranked 16th in the state

Mt. Juliet ranked 26th

Blackman Ranked 7th in the state

Whitehaven ranked 11th

Marryville put out

Science Hill ranked 85th

Farragut ranked 24th

Bearden ranked 15th

Oak Ridge ranked 31st

Don't we all wish we could play a soft playoff schedule LOL 85th

Edited by BullyDog

Last year was the worst Maryville team I have seen since 2000. I can't imagine they are that much improved. Sure, they made it back....again, but we'll see how it goes.

If Smyrna takes care of business like they have the last 4 or 5 weeks, I think they should bring the trophy home.

Smyrna 38

Maryville 17

Just curious .... using your logic of how good Maryville was last year , and the fact that they were actually there at the State championship ... using that same logic towards a team that did not make it to that game .... oh well , you win maybe we should just bow down before the 8th greatest region to ever play the game :thumb:

I would say it counts they were an opponent

Week 4

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......1

Consided Ensworth is ranked number ONE in the state and 29th in the nation

All Rankings as of 11-22-10

Lets see we Smyrna put out of the playoffs

Brentwood ranked 16th in the state

Mt. Juliet ranked 26th

Blackman Ranked 7th in the state

Whitehaven ranked 11th

Marryville put out

Science Hill ranked 85th

Farragut ranked 24th

Bearden ranked 15th

Oak Ridge ranked 31st

Don't we all wish we could play a soft playoff schedule LOL 85th

Oh no !! More rankings .... Proof definite Proof .... why are we even bothering to play ? George really needs to work on this , imaginary losses , terrible national rankings .... you win guys , you win !!

Just curious .... using your logic of how good Maryville was last year , and the fact that they were actually there at the State championship ... using that same logic towards a team that did not make it to that game .... oh well , you win maybe we should just bow down before the 8th greatest region to ever play the game :thumb:

It wasn't really logic, just merely an observation of what I witnessed out the Rebels last year. Don't be soooo sensitive. And, good luck to both teams.

Oh no !! More rankings .... Proof definite Proof .... why are we even bothering to play ? George really needs to work on this , imaginary losses , terrible national rankings .... you win guys , you win !!

No kidding!! Enough already with the stats fellas...you've convinced us that you've got a great team and that we're terrible!! bored.gif