6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

oh, i understand fully... you have the utmost love for your rebels just like i do my wildcats, i respect the heck out of that, and i appreciate your comliment, you seem like a classy gentleman yourself.. i cannot blame you one bit... trust me, we have had to play farragut many times over the years, and to be honest they have some of the most obnoxious,richy richy attitude type fans around... of course not all of them are, but you get my drift.. i know first hand how maryville fans are, your typical oak ridge fan isnt that way, cause we have had our success over the years, so we have a been there done that attitude and do not boast, just like your typical maryville fan... and to be honest, i pull for maryville ALWAYS when there not playing oak ridge, and i hope we keep this game going for many years, cause it will only get better.. peace out friend

oh, and btw, i was on farraguts side lasy year at the maryville farragut game, rooting on your rebels buddy :) i live off montvale road here in town... i cheer for the red rebs, when there not playing the ridge of course lol

hey its funny how they wanted to jump on the smyrna vs whithaven thread and talk trash and now that we are responding their getting thier feelings hurt! if they couldnt hang with the big dogs they shouldnt have jumped on the porch!

Ouch !!! You're hurting me sooooooo bad !! lol , you guys are hilarious . Have you ever heard " Act like you been there before "? You Guys have 2 recent State Championships , why do you feel such a need to talk down to your opponent ? If we're so awful , I guess it won't be that big a deal to even win this year will it ? Funny how when you talk your opponent down you actually end up talking your accomplishment down if you do win .

I'm a Greene Devil fan, but I would like to congratulate the Rebels for making it back to State. Good luck, I will be rooting for you all on Saturday. Hope that you will have a safe trip to Cookeville and an injury free game.

GO BIG GREENE

GO REBELS

GO TORNADOES

Let's show them what East TN football is all about, and bring those Gold Balls back to East TN.

:mrgreen:

Ouch !!! You're hurting me sooooooo bad !! lol , you guys are hilarious . Have you ever heard " Act like you been there before "? You Guys have 2 recent State Championships , why do you feel such a need to talk down to your opponent ? If we're so awful , I guess it won't be that big a deal to even win this year will it ? Funny how when you talk your opponent down you actually end up talking your accomplishment down if you do win .

you right dr phill there have been no maryville fans on here taliking smack ha. i will act like i have been there before when you quit acting like yr still there lol !

and yes we have two recent state championships and I havent mentioned it once! you guys are braging about yr championships every other post. what happened yrs ago has no bearing on the game saturday. so my point is why do you keep bringing it up ? either team can win this game on their merrit not by past championships!

this dog is headed for the kennel ! I will give you and "sweetpea" some alone time !

and yes we have two recent state championships and I havent mentioned it once! you guys are braging about yr championships every other post. what happened yrs ago has no bearing on the game saturday. so my point is why do you keep bringing it up ? either team can win this game on their merrit not by past championships!

this dog is headed for the kennel ! I will give you and "sweetpea" some alone time !

I can tell when I've met my match , have you another cold one and have a good night .

I can tell when I've met my match , have you another cold one and have a good night .

hahahaha :roflol: you guys are priceless....but he has a point..dokey was the worst of us. be glad hes not here..i respect maryville and have wanted this game since we won in 06 so im really looking forward to this,..and a Smyrna win of course but either way i wanted this game...I joke around. I know where we're ranked..but i know that means nothing..according to polls we should have blown whitehaven away...and technically we could have we didnt play our best game and over came it..like a championship team....but now we have to focus on you guys cause those mistakes will cost us the game this week. we know this..expect Smyrna to protect the ball and eat up the clock

Props to both teams , and M-Ville congrats on what you have done over the years BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>> are you the Boise State on Tennessee football ?

I am sorry but I would wonder what team you would be if you faced Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale week after week plus throw in Smyrna's non conference games Brentwood & Ensworth?

Guess we will find out soon

did not Alcoa a 3A team beat ya An old RUTHERFORD county coached team, Rankin builds his team on SPEED

He couldn't wait to get out of Rutherford County and loves it here in Blount County, home of 23 Football State Championships. (Those little dots are periods the other things are commas.)

Edited by Red Rebels

Props to both teams , and M-Ville congrats on what you have done over the years BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>> are you the Boise State on Tennessee football ?

I am sorry but I would wonder what team you would be if you faced Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland and Riverdale week after week plus throw in Smyrna's non conference games Brentwood & Ensworth?

Guess we will find out soon

Picture this...

Yeah, that mighty Riverdale team came to Boise, er, Maryville for the 6A semi-final game last year, with it's grossly overconfident fans and FSU imitation team and pre-game antics.

November 27, 2009, not all of that confidence and flaming spears and warrior chants could save the mighty team from Murfreesboro and the representative of the state's most obviously dominant and powerful district.

The lowly Rebels, one year from being a 4A school, elevated to the the newly-created 6A classification, put up 42 points on the Midstate powerhouse, while giving up only 14 points with it's first team defense playing. Riverdale got 2 more scores against Maryville's reserves, converting both 2 point conversions after touchdowns, hoping that years from now that the 42-30 score recorded in the record books would eventually fade from history's memory the way they were dominated in the game by the new, upstart 6A team from Maryville....

See you Saturday, oh mighty Bulldogs from the Mecca of power football, Middle Tennessee..

May the best team win!

Edited by EarlVolFan