6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Okay, time to move on. I agree 100% with Milo's statement a page or two back about the 2 strongest teams will be playing this weekend for the 6A championship. I have a lot of respect for the Smyrna team and think Maryville will have to play their absolute best game this week. Hopefully, we got over the turnover bug last week. Good luck to both teams...See you Saturday.

The respect is mutual. This is the toughest opponent Smyrna will have faced to date. I can not wait until Saturday.

You have to respect the fact that Maryville is a true championship program. Its very interesting that all the Maryville people keep talking about the BIG BOY comments when Maryville hasn't won a title since moving up in classification. Lets all just let the athletes play the game on Saturday!! Just so both sets of fans know you should buy your tickets to the game from your schools. The schools get to keep 50% of the money made on the tickets bought at the school. The t$$aa gets the rest to pay the directors over $100,000 salary.

It will be an honor for our boys from Smyrna to just get to be on the same field as a team as SPECIAL as Maryville.

Edited by THEBulldog81

You have to respect the fact that Maryville is a true championship program. Its very interesting that all the Maryville people keep talking about the BIG BOY comments when Maryville hasn't won a title since moving up in classification. Lets all just let the athletes play the game on Saturday!! Just so both sets of fans know you should buy your tickets to the game from your schools. The schools get to keep 50% of the money made on the tickets bought at the school. The t$$aa gets the rest to pay the directors over $100,000 salary.

It will be an honor for our boys from Smyrna to just get to be on the same field as a team as SPECIAL as Maryville.

You idiot they just went up last year and made it to the state championship?? I don't get it??? <_<

you ask these questions...

whats special about your team?

what adversity have they overcome this season?

who are your Standout players?

What has your team been doing that they can do better?

when ever we make comments that address these questions you guys say were bragging and talking smack.

so i will address them again since you asked in a civil manner.

We play as a team. no one is selfish an we leave it all on the field.

adversity ? we faced the defending 5a champs in our first game. we faced the #1 RB in the state twice. we faced the dist 11 champs twice and we traveled to memphis to face the dist 11 champs. we also lost our best RB and LB and still found a way to win.

stand out players ? Bryson,Meadows, Gains,Fleming, Hathaway, Big Nate,Big Chris, Hendricts,St Cloud, Thompson ,Blanke, Cisco...ect

what do we need to do better ? well i cant give that one away lol ...

Bryson and meadows are out right?? :shock:

Dude if you squat 700 pounds??? come on get out of here with that nonsense!!! It look like the bulldog fans are doin more talkin then rebel fans are..Yall barely won omg!!!

You are right we haven't seen football until you play the week in and week out competition that Maryville does so lets see your opponents average state ranking thru next week which includes us #2 and Alcoa #3 is a big 51.73 state ranking and Smyrna's average thru next week including Ensworth #1 and yall #4 is an average of 33.86 so tell me how you figure we do not see the competition Maryville does week in and week out they played 3 teams ranked 100 or higher we played 1 team of 100 or above

Not to throw out stats I know that means nothing but you are the one that said it NOT ME

first of all he is a william blount fan (check his name) second rankings are not facts they are sports writers opinions who have almost never seen half the teams they are ranking, and if they have they are still sports writers, if you get my drift. to be honest smyrna scares me to death but so did Melrose and Hilsboro and Maplewood so we will just have to see.

:thumb:

Well I was told somebody said it was on here so I

decided to search here a little and here is what I have found

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

Photoman, on 15 September 2010 - 01:39 PM, said:

Long story short...You pay, You play. Open enrollment. Public school with a out of zone tuition fee. Don't know the number for sure, but I believe $500 fee and your ability to provide transportation can make anyone a Tornado

and also posted by another poster

Alcoa has always had out of zone players. We have gotten these kids for many reasons. One its the closets high school from their house. Alot of kids are 5 and 10 minutes closer to Alcoa than the schools their zoned for. Academics have always been very good and some parents like the smaller classroom for their kids. Of course the athletics have always excelled at this school. Tuition is very affordable compared to the only other city school in the county.

Another poster

My son is an OOZ player that started in 6th grade going to Alcoa and had to work hard to get better. Just because you are a OOZ player doesn't mean your a starter. I've seen some excallent players from the county schools come to Alcoa to be 3rd or 4th string. It doesn't always work out on the field. You better be good to get on that field. (My son is not a starter but contributes to the success of Alcoa football) Forgot to mention excellent grades. I think the percentage has gone down from 2009

and another poster

Alcoa is one of four High SChools in Blount COunty. Students out side of the city of Alcoa and Maryville can pay tuition and attend the city schools.

All I know is Smyrna does not have open enrollment, it would be great tho just think man if we had all the talent in Rutherford county now that would be a team. I also know just because somebody posted it does not make it so. That is why I was asking if anybody knows if it is true. So do you have an open enrollment? Not really sure what an ooz player is, can anybody tell?

Well just think if Alcoa and Maryville combined into one school,it would be big trouble for any school in any classification.That would be a monster team.